• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Global War on Terror III: Dick Cheney's Hague ICC Vacation

More Muslim terrorism

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
      It seemed to me that you seemed pretty disdainful of the idea of holding hearings on Islamic extremism. Perhaps not. My apologies.
      I'm not distainful...but isn't this the job of the FBI and in some cases the CIA? Do we really need to be burdening the country's legislative body when its the job of other bodies.

To me this seems of too much government busy-body work.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

What precisely is the purpose of Congress holding hearings on "Islamic Extremism"?

1. We've already chosen a course of action in response to such groups.
        2. Congress has no authority over such groups, so it's basically a bunch of old men saying pompous things that they think sound patriotic. It might actually be a bigger waste of time than steroid hearings.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          What precisely is the purpose of Congress holding hearings on "Islamic Extremism"?

it's basically a bunch of old men saying pompous things that they think sound patriotic.
          You answered your own question.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            The oldest, angriest one-quarter of the country thinks only white males with less than a college degree are Real Amurcans. King's hearings are just a big sign, "will suck your balls for votes."

Nobody ever got voted out of office for overestimating fear.
            Last edited by Kepler; 07-28-2011, 02:29 PM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The Norwegian man who allegedly killed dozens at a kids summer camp claims he legally bought high-capacity ammunition clips by mail from the United States, prompting Capitol Hill’s leading gun-control advocate to say on Thursday that America should be ashamed such purchases aren’t against the law.

Anders Behring Breivik wrote in a 1,500-page manifesto that he bought 10 30-round ammunition clips for his .223 caliber rifle from an undisclosed, small U.S. supplier, which had acquired the clips from other suppliers. Norway forbids the sale of clips for hunting rifles that hold more than three bullets, according to Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten.

The sale or transfer of high-capacity gun clips containing more than 10 bullets were illegal in the United States under the 1994 assault weapons ban, but the legislation expired in 2004. After Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) was critically shot and six others killed during the January shootings outside a Tucson supermarket, Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.) introduced legislation to restrict magazines to their pre-2004 level.

She said the legislation now has 109 Democratic co-sponsors. It is highly unlikely to come to a vote, let alone pass, in the GOP-controlled House.
              We have to make sure the right of nuts to kill people is not infringed!

Comment

The whole reason the second amendment exists is so rich white guys could kill indgenous poeple and better control their slaves. It serves no purpose anymore.
                1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

Comment

Originally posted by TimP View Post
                  The whole reason the second amendment exists is so rich white guys could kill indgenous poeple and better control their slaves. It serves no purpose anymore.
                  Those sentences contradict each other.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Harlequin Romance, Version 2011

He grasped me firmly, but gently, just above my elbow and guided me into a room, his room. Then he quietly shut the door and we were alone. He approached me soundlessly, from behind, and spoke in a low, reassuring voice close to my ear.

"Just relax." Without warning, he reached down and I felt his strong, calloused hands start at my ankles, gently probing, and moving upward along my calves, slowly but steadily. My breath caught in my throat. I knew I should be afraid, but somehow I didn't care. His touch was so experienced, so sure.

When his hands moved up onto my thighs, I gave a slight shudder, and partly closed my eyes. My pulse was pounding. I felt his knowing fingers caress my abdomen, my ribcage. And then, as he cupped my firm, full breasts in his hands, I inhaled sharply. Probing, searching, knowing what he wanted, he brought his hands to my shoulders, slid them down my tingling spine and into my panties.

Although I knew nothing about this man, I felt oddly trusting and expectant. This is a man, I thought. A man used to taking charge. A man not used to taking 'No' for an answer.

A man who would tell me what he wanted. A man who would look into my soul and say...

"Okay ma'am, you can board your flight now."
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Two of Gadhafi's sons have either been arrested or have surrendered in Tripoli to rebel forces this afternoon.
                      Last edited by Hammer; 08-21-2011, 05:52 PM.
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        Two of Gadhafi's sons have either been arrested or have surrendered in Tripoli to rebel forces this afternoon.
                        How many sons does he have? And are either of these two the one who was "killed" on two previous occasions?
                        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Apparently the two are Seif al-Islam and another son named Mohammed. Apparently his two oldest. The one that reportedly killed was Saif al-Arab al-Gaddafi. I guess he has 8 kids, 7 of them sons.
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Unconfirmed rumors on Fark that the big guy has been captured.

Got sold out by his intel chief. Wounded and in custody.

Claiming two fairly reliable secondhand sources. Still looking for ground confirmation now.

ETA: No further confirmation, I'm gonna call this not true for the moment. There is also a picture of supposedly a dead Ghadafi floating around Twitter. May or may not be fake.
                            Last edited by Twitch Boy; 08-21-2011, 09:16 PM.
                            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Lets all give our props to President Obama for succeeding where Reagan failed and where Bush II refused to go. Khadafi (or however the F he chooses to spell his name this week) was a far worse international supporter of terrorism than anybody not named OBL and right now this admin has bagged both of them. Lets just hope he's smart enough not to take an air force jet onto a carrier sitting in Tripoli harbor.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                Lets all give our props to President Obama for succeeding where Reagan failed and where Bush II refused to go. Khadafi (or however the F he chooses to spell his name this week) was a far worse international supporter of terrorism than anybody not named OBL and right now this admin has bagged both of them. Lets just hope he's smart enough not to take an air force jet onto a carrier sitting in Tripoli harbor.
                                And what will replace him?? Sometime the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know.

Democracy? HAH!! I'll give it 6 months before the strongman / Iman / Ayatollah takes over.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X