• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5mn_Major
    replied
    Re: Global War on Terror III: Dick Cheney's Hague ICC Vacation

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Their playbook is ... but in the election year you have to dial it back down to something approaching sanity to not scare off the independents.
    Perhaps the playbook is written in a language that only McCain understands.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Its just a very rare occurance for the GOP to call out extreme rhetoric from its own party.
    Their playbook is you're allowed to hurl any feces you want for three years but in the election year you have to dial it back down to something approaching sanity to not scare off the independents.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

Its just a very rare occurance for the GOP to call out extreme rhetoric from its own party. Remember Allen West says that most Democrats in govt are communists...and it seemed that the GOP is either compliant or supportive on that one.
    Commies? Nope. But the house leader has a few screws loose. Bat guano crazy? Yep.

Leave a comment:

• 5mn_Major
    replied

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I have to wonder if those calling her out are all that sincere.
    Its just a very rare occurance for the GOP to call out extreme rhetoric from its own party. Remember Allen West says that most Democrats in govt are communists...and it seemed that the GOP is either compliant or supportive on that one.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Everybody's favorite nutbar may have finally gone too far.
    I have to wonder if those calling her out are all that sincere.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

They finally got to her, after finishing the rest of the nation...
    ba dum bum!

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Oh dear... I've been spending too much time in the Sandusky thread... I read that headline as, "Republicans line up to rape Michele Bachmann"...
    They finally got to her, after finishing the rest of the nation...

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Oh dear... I've been spending too much time in the Sandusky thread... I read that headline as, "Republicans line up to rape Michele Bachmann"...

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

Dunno if Apple is going to follow the progression seeing how the next gen is already here:

*****https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/548088_10151282340447576_1618781427_n.jpg******

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

And even then, any Chinese effort would require a considerable effort with decent luck. For both China and Israel, to say there's no motive to mess with DCs metro computers would be an understatement.
    Plus, it's the DC Metro for goodness sake. "Never ascribe to malice what can be fully explained by incompetence."

Leave a comment:

• 5mn_Major
    replied

The Russians govt doesn't know what it's doing, either. The smart Russian coders are all indy.

As far as government-directed cyber sabotage is concerned, there are only three countries I would worry about: the US, China, and Israel.
    And even then, any Chinese effort would require a considerable effort with decent luck. For both China and Israel, to say there's no motive to mess with DCs metro computers would be an understatement.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I could buy into that except for the last five words. Iranian cyber intelligence is nowhere near sophisticated enough. If you had said China or Russia I might have bought it.
    The Russians govt doesn't know what it's doing, either. The smart Russian coders are all indy.

As far as government-directed cyber sabotage is concerned, there are only three countries I would worry about: the US, China, and Israel.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    The DC Metro computers went on the fritz twice yesterday. The central office could not locate any trains on their boards and told all the subway cars to wait in the stations until the problem was fixed. Once I can put down to a glitch. Twice within 12 hours or so???? I wonder if some enterprising country decided to show us that our computer systems are not immune either as a retaliation for Stuxnet.
    It was Milton. The guy in charge of the Metro took his stapler.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

I could buy into that except for the last five words. Iranian cyber intelligence is nowhere near sophisticated enough. If you had said China or Russia I might have bought it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X