• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepler
    replied
    Re: Global War on Terror III: Dick Cheney's Hague ICC Vacation

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I'm sure she was a moonbat before, but it wasn't common knowledge. Now that she's got the nomination, she's going to hold onto it until she loses an election.
    Somebody in the MN state GOP must be thinking, "this person is a liability." Particularly in granite countertop districts, there is no shortage of Patty Murray types with free time, a husband making seven figures, and nothing to lose, who can run "soccer mom with plain old common sense" insurgencies and win. The RNC loves them, because when they get to DC they're slack-jawed rubes who will vote with the whip for the next ten terms.

Nobody wants to be associated with a woman who at any moment might tweet how "there are some overlooked good ideas" in Mein Kampf, and a sitting Rep is a log jamming hopefuls coming up from below. I'm very surprised the state and national party haven't decided she has passed her expiration date.
    Last edited by Kepler; 07-24-2012, 10:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Didn't claim that they were...but rather they're mixed.

Youre confusing one fact - district 6 has almost half of the states exurbs - which is true. Anoka cty has 10+ major exurbs all by itself.

And the other as an inference you made - which that Bachmann being elected is due to 'rednecks' in small northern areas of district 6. This is incorrect. The suburbs and exurbs of Anoka, Washington and Wright have about 280% the population of the other more northerly counties combined.
    I'm not sure what you're even arguing.

The second half of your post is just confusing. I never said that she was elected solely by the northern counties. You're continuing to ignore the other points I made, focusing in on one of them, and then hanging my entire argument on that ONE point.

Leave a comment:

• 5mn_Major
    replied

Anoka and Washington are not exurbs.

I'm guessing you missed the part where I said:

Didn't claim that they were...but rather they're mixed.

Youre confusing one fact - district 6 has almost half of the states exurbs - which is true. Anoka cty has 10+ major exurbs all by itself.

And the other as an inference you made - which that Bachmann being elected is due to 'rednecks' in small northern areas of district 6. This is incorrect. The suburbs and exurbs of Anoka, Washington and Wright have about 280% the population of the other more northerly counties combined (and that includes St Cloud).

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    How did Michelle Bachmann get elected from an educated district? Even if it's solid (R), how did she ever win the party nomination?
    I think it's 50% the DFL nominating a couple of really terrible candidates and the other half is magic. Not sure about the party nomination. I'm sure she was a moonbat before, but it wasn't common knowledge. Now that she's got the nomination, she's going to hold onto it until she loses an election.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

How did Michelle Bachmann get elected from an educated district? Even if it's solid (R), how did she ever win the party nomination?

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Was just going to say that youre off a bit...its not St Cloud and northern parts of the district that are putting Bachmann into office. Its the suburbs/exurbs of Anoka, Washington and Wright.
    Anoka and Washington are not exurbs.

I'm guessing you missed the part where I said:
    The area close to the metro aren't Bible-thumpin' rednecks. Especially in northeast Blaine and the southeastern portion of Washington County (Woodbury, Lake Elmo). Educated, white, and rich.

Leave a comment:

• 5mn_Major
    replied

*slaps forehead* Sorry.

It's the northwestern section of the district that's just absolutely full of the north's version of rednecks. All you have to do is look and see St Cloud in the grouping and it pretty much explains everything .
    Was just going to say that youre off a bit...its not St Cloud and northern parts of the district that are putting Bachmann into office. Its the suburbs/exurbs of Anoka, Washington and Wright.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Just by looking at the map you can see that district 6 includes half the exurbs in the state.
    Ok...?

Leave a comment:

• 5mn_Major
    replied

Just by looking at the map you can see that district 6 includes half the exurbs in the state.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

No, I meant Michelle's latest... theory.
    *slaps forehead* Sorry.

Honestly, I don't know if it would matter. Unless the DFL runs a candidate that isn't a complete moron. The DFL has put up some pretty awful candidates up for election. They really should feel embarrassed.

The area close to the metro aren't Bible-thumpin' rednecks. Especially in northeast Blaine and the southeastern portion of Washington County (Woodbury, Lake Elmo). Educated, white, and rich. It's the northwestern section of the district that's just absolutely full of the north's version of rednecks. All you have to do is look and see St Cloud in the grouping and it pretty much explains everything .

Some will claim that the districts were gerrymandered to marginalize the DFLers. I don't see it personally.

*****http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c5/MN06_109.png******

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Neither. I don't think the lines were drastically changed from the last few elections. Could be wrong though.
    No, I meant Michelle's latest... theory.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

So, does this doom her, or does it make her even more of a lock?

The way my district used to be drawn the Republican could drop a steaming deuce right on stage during a debate and still take 70%.
    Neither. I don't think the lines were drastically changed from the last few elections. Could be wrong though.

I would say just write her off as an entertaining moonbat. Otherwise it's just too depressing.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

When I moved, I thought I was getting away from Bachmann's district. Little did I know it basically gives the eastern half of the Twin Cities the reacharound...
    So, does this doom her, or does it make her even more of a lock?

The way my district used to be drawn the Republican could drop a steaming deuce right on stage during a debate and still take 70%.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

I think all the adult politicians do (everybody but the Tea Party). Their problem has always been that they make their base insane for 36 months and then suddenly have to either step away or at least talk in code; the wind-up toys who actually believe the derp keep spouting it, and everybody with an ounce of sense thinks, "ew..."
    When I moved, I thought I was getting away from Bachmann's district. Little did I know it basically gives the eastern half of the Twin Cities the reacharound...

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Perhaps the playbook is written in a language that only McCain understands.
    I think all the adult politicians do (everybody but the Tea Party). Their problem has always been that they make their base insane for 36 months and then suddenly have to either step away or at least talk in code; the wind-up toys who actually believe the derp keep spouting it, and everybody with an ounce of sense thinks, "ew..."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X