• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Global War on Terror III: Dick Cheney's Hague ICC Vacation

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Yikes.

"Poor record-keeping"?
    Apparently, you are ignorant of governmental accounting practices. Debits and credits don't always have to add up.

That said, if people in the US were truly aware of how much money was squandered in various rabbit-holes around the world, they'd probably burn DC to the ground.
    "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

"I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken

sigpic

Comment

Squandered I can deal with...lost is another story!
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

A bad day for liberty.

The rot is now bipartisan.

Who's left who's sane? Anybody?
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

But the FBI's approach has come under fire from some Muslims, criticism that surfaced again late last month after agents arrested an Oregon man they said tried to detonate a bomb at a Christmas tree-lighting ceremony. FBI technicians had supplied the device.

In the Irvine case, Monteilh's mission as an informant backfired. Muslims were so alarmed by his talk of violent jihad that they obtained a restraining order against him.

He had helped build a terrorism-related case against a mosque member, but that also collapsed. The Justice Department recently took the extraordinary step of dropping charges against the worshiper, who Monteilh had caught on tape agreeing to blow up buildings, law enforcement officials said. Prosecutors had portrayed the man as a dire threat.

Compounding the damage, Monteilh has gone public, revealing secret FBI methods and charging that his "handlers" trained him to entrap Muslims as he infiltrated their mosques, homes and businesses. He is now suing the FBI.

Officials declined to comment on specific details of Monteilh's tale but confirm that he was a paid FBI informant. Court records and interviews corroborate not only that Monteilh worked for the FBI - he says he made $177,000, tax-free, in 15 months - but that he provided vital information on a number of cases.
          Link

Comment

Clearly he wasn't water-boarded enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Clearly he wasn't water-boarded enough.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                If some loudmouth snares a couple of idiots I could care less... can you really entrap a person who will agree to committing violent jihad... "oh, sorry i tricked you into stating and acting as if you wanted to kill a bunch of people in the name of your god"... hardly.

Now, if he's outright framing people, that's a much different animal... but if he's drawing flies then what do I care? Why should I feel bad for somebody being arrested for acting out their desires to kill people in the name of their god?
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                  Why should I feel bad for somebody being arrested for acting out their desires to kill people in the name of their god?
                  You shouldn't. Let the guy rot in some cell somewhere for the next 100 years.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

If some loudmouth snares a couple of idiots I could care less... can you really entrap a person who will agree to committing violent jihad... "oh, sorry i tricked you into stating and acting as if you wanted to kill a bunch of people in the name of your god"... hardly.

Now, if he's outright framing people, that's a much different animal... but if he's drawing flies then what do I care? Why should I feel bad for somebody being arrested for acting out their desires to kill people in the name of their god?
                    If he's acting out so much that the people he's there to catch take out a restraining order against him, there might be a problem.

Comment

Infiltrators/Informants need to be in the tool box. If there's a credible threat in a 'Christian' church somewhere...an informant should be under consideration.

Any time your a paid informant, you should have a serious bar you need to surpass to sue the organization that hired you. Its like being paid as someone who makes coldcalls...but then later sues the company that hired you because you didn't like your job. If you get paid for your work, there is little justification for a suit based on your distaste of the work. The way you show disapproval is by quiting.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Because it (Entrapment) is illegal? Or do the laws only apply to those you like? (assuming that entrapment actually occurred)
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Caught another one.

Comment

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...121007733.html
                            Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. struck back against criticism that the FBI has targeted Muslims in a series of undercover stings, telling a Muslim group Friday night that those who allege government entrapment "simply do not have their facts straight."

Comment

9 months to go.

It's interesting to see Gates trying to keep the camel's nose in the tent. Neither Obama nor al-Maliki is going to have any of that if they can help it.

Anybody's guess when we'll be out of Afghanistan, though.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 04-15-2011, 09:46 AM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Anybody's guess when we'll be out of Afghanistan, though.
                                Hopefully within my lifetime.
                                My Four Favorite teams:
                                RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                                Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X