X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Global War on Terror III: Dick Cheney's Hague ICC Vacation

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
    It works. I've seen it every week on 24. Pay no attention to the fact that most countries including Israel, and now apparently even the CIA's Inspector General, have determined it doesn't work.
    Stupid terrorists need to stop giving Jack Bauer 24 hours to solve the problem...they should call him 24 minutes before the bomb explodes and see what he can do then! They could still call the show 24 then

Spin the day I see you defend Rover is the day the Earth Stands Still...Clato, verata...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Look out, terrorists - John Elway is on to your tricks.
      Cornell University Men's Hockey
      NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
      Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

From the title, I would have bet that was going to be South Park.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Maybe not the best thread but...

East Asia powers show united front on North Korea, economy

Comment

Someone be sure to wake me if Watcher ever posts anything remotely objective about the current administration.....which, of course, won't happen because he would have to stop obsessing over Cheney and W first.
            "A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government"...Thomas Jefferson
            sigpic

Comment

Moscow Metro bombing masterminds 'will be destroyed'

The masterminds behind a double suicide bombing on the Moscow Metro will be "destroyed", Russian leaders have said.

The attacks, in the morning rush hour, killed at least 38 people and injured more than 60, officials say.

No group has said it carried out the attacks, but security services have blamed rebels from the North Caucasus - which includes Chechnya and Ingushetia.

President Dmitry Medvedev laid a wreath at the scene of one of the attacks, labelling the plotters "beasts".

He said: "We will find and destroy them all."

US President Barack Obama called President Medvedev to "personally convey" his condolences, adding that the US was ready to co-operate with Russia to help bring to justice those responsible for the blasts.

Comment

Considering the Russian/Soviet "experience" in these matters, I would not bet against them.
                "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

"I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken

sigpic

Comment

US President Barack Obama called President Medvedev to "personally convey" his condolences, adding that the US was ready to co-operate with Russia to help bring to justice those responsible for the blasts.
                  If the USA catches them: "You have the right to remain silent."

If the Russians catch them: "Which ear do you want the bullet in?"
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    If the USA catches them: "You have the right to remain silent."

If the Russians catch them: "Which ear do you want the bullet in?"
                    Just an old Russian tradition. One of the many reasons German soldiers couldn't travel west fast enough in May, 1945.

Comment

It appears the administration has approved the targeting of Anwar al-Awlaki.

Mr. Awlaki, who was born in New Mexico and spent years in the United States as an imam, is in hiding in Yemen.
                      It is extremely rare, if not unprecedented, for an American to be approved for targeted killing, officials said. A former senior legal official in the administration of George W. Bush said he did not know of any American who was approved for targeted killing under the former president.
                      http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/07/wo...7yemen.html?hp
                      "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

"I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken

sigpic

Comment

The whole history of the world is summed up in the fact that, when nations are strong, they are not always just, and when they wish to be just, they are no longer strong.
                        Winston L. S. Churchill
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Oh great.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Pakistan's religious fanatics are starting to give the Saudi religious fanatics a run for their money. If there were league standings, these guys are the Red Sox and Yankees. (While we're bogged down in an invasion of Detroit.)

This guy, OTOH, is wicked cool. But he's Pakistani so he doesn't fit the narrative.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 05-04-2010, 11:45 AM.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Pakistan's religious fanatics are starting to give the Saudi religious fanatics a run for their money. If there were league standings, these guys are the Red Sox and Yankees. (While we're bogged down in an invasion of Detroit.)
                              I don't get why the terrorist groups are so quick so take credit for this incredibly poorly executed act. It's like a Hollywood writer wanting everyone to know he wrote "Furry Vengeance".

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                                I don't get why the terrorist groups are so quick so take credit for this incredibly poorly executed act. It's like a Hollywood writer wanting everyone to know he wrote "Furry Vengeance".
                                It's part of their mentality. Even if they don't succeed in blowing something up or killing people, instilling fear into us and restricting our freedoms is part of their agenda. I'm surprised they haven't taken credit for shooting JFK, or unleashing American Idol ...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X