X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Amateurism in Question

Haven't seen in posted in the Cafe yet, so:

ESPN

This is really interesting to me as it would seem that the easing of the term "amateur" may have an effect on NCAA sports.
    Last edited by collegehcky2; 10-20-2009, 05:15 PM. Reason: I'm a moron who doesn't read things well.

Re: NCAA Amateurism in Question

Didn't you see where it specifically mentions college hockey will be exempted from this?
    Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
      Didn't you see where it specifically mentions college hockey will be exempted from this?
      Nope, I did not, I think I was too focused on the fact that European women play volleyball.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
        So, they don't want an influx of older major juniors, based on their objections?
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=85351
          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

For European basketball leagues I wonder if it will change anything. Most of the underagers who are in leagues in Europe are on sponsored teams and do get paid, how much above cost of living (if any) I don't know.

Comment

Working...
            X