Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MissThundercat
    replied
    And while Kep posts things like that, I'm a happy girl. It's nice when women are talking to me on Bumble and meeting me for brunch. It's nice when most of the women I talk to are giving me one minute hugs. The girl I met on OK Cupid wants a second date. I am missing her hugs especially!

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Yep.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Attention Everyone:

I had a first date with a wonderful woman this morning! When she walked in to Lucy's, we hugged. We talked for two hours and discovered we had a lot in common! We hugged again and we decided we're going to do this again soon!

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

Today, I set my likes on OK Cupid from "men and women" to just "women." Took that number down from over 250 to a mere 16.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

I'm talking with a 32 year old woman on OK Cupid right now, and this conversation has been going on for 2-3 months. She says she super hates me when I tell her what I'm baking. I think when Michigan's SIP is lifted, I want to pick her up for Thai food and home to watch the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.

Also, a 35 year old started a conversation with me today. Sounds like a fun lady.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Also, there's only one situation where I WOULD consider asking my best friend out. He's my best friend from childhood, a couple years younger than me, and if I'm an open book, he knows exactly what page to turn to and what line to read. He and I can talk for 3 hours at a time and never run out of things to say. But I think he moved, and that ship sailed.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    My best friend in High School and I became roommates for one year at age 21 and 20 respectively in a two bedroom apartment. We are no longer friends because of that year we lived together. You never really know somebody until you live with them.
    You guys should recover your friendship. The only thing you discovered during that year is a 20-year old boy is horrible. Nothing about each other.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    My best friend in High School and I became roommates for one year at age 21 and 20 respectively in a two bedroom apartment. We are no longer friends because of that year we lived together. You never really know somebody until you live with them.
    And Shelby and I aren't ruining our Platonic relationship for a romantic one or a living arrangement.

Leave a comment:

• LTsatch
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    While it could, I would not give up on a potentially great living arrangement with your best friend. You are both grown women. I believe you can flourish as long as you both have the same understanding going in.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

I'm talking with a nice younger woman on OK Cupid. She loves the fact I'm in grad school, she loves the fact I like to bake, and she likes the fact I do yoga. She's also inspired me to take a road trip across the state of Michigan, using the back roads. When things are "normal" (whatever the hell that looks like), I'm hoping to sit down with her for Thai food and to watch the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Also, Shelby is 66.5 years old. I am 38.6. We do not want a May-December relationship. And we talked tonight that she and I will remain Best Friends and Strictly Platonic Lifemates.

And here's the thing: I want intimacy and affection in a relationship. Hold my hand, snuggle with me, run your fingers through my hair. Make me feel warm and safe. In my experience, I've found women actually want that. Not so much with men.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    My ratio on the highlighted is a little higher, but it's still drastically different. I'd say my closest friend now, I've "only" known for about 14 years, give or take, and we were only loose acquaintances for the first few years.

Edit: I did find out what happens when you escalate a relationship with a close friend into a romantic relationship. It didn't end up very well, except for one thing. I'll leave it at that.
    With Shelby, she's my Strictly Platonic Lifemate, and we agreed last night to keep it that way. Besides, I'm talking with a woman closer to my age and I think I have a chance there.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    I tend to agree with dx that you have to take a chance in life.

There is no question that if you and a close friend decide to take it further, and it doesn't work, most of the time the relationship becomes at best awkward. The friendship can never be the same, although it is possible to still remain friends.

But close friendships change. If I listed my 20 closest friends today, I maybe knew three of them 30 years ago. I had a very close friend in college and we decided to take it further. It ended badly. But I don't regret it for one minute. I have very little connection with any of my closest friends from college, getting together with no more than a couple of them maybe once or twice a year.

Personally, I think that if you feel strongly about someone but don't take the next step because you're afraid of losing that friendship, you're much more likely to regret that later and wonder what might have been. Just my two cents.
    My ratio on the highlighted is a little higher, but it's still drastically different. I'd say my closest friend now, I've "only" known for about 14 years, give or take, and we were only loose acquaintances for the first few years.

Edit: I did find out what happens when you escalate a relationship with a close friend into a romantic relationship. It didn't end up very well, except for one thing. I'll leave it at that.
    Last edited by The Rube; 04-30-2020, 10:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied

I tend to agree with dx that you have to take a chance in life.

There is no question that if you and a close friend decide to take it further, and it doesn't work, most of the time the relationship becomes at best awkward. The friendship can never be the same, although it is possible to still remain friends.

But close friendships change. If I listed my 20 closest friends today, I maybe knew three of them 30 years ago. I had a very close friend in college and we decided to take it further. It ended badly. But I don't regret it for one minute. I have very little connection with any of my closest friends from college, getting together with no more than a couple of them maybe once or twice a year.

Personally, I think that if you feel strongly about someone but don't take the next step because you're afraid of losing that friendship, you're much more likely to regret that later and wonder what might have been. Just my two cents.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

I talked to Shelby last night; she and I will keep it platonic. However, for being platonic, we know how to be intimate with each other. Lots of hand holding, snuggling, warm and tight hugs; the only thing we don't do is kiss each other. One night, we were at a friend's house, and I fell asleep on her boob. Everyone told me I was comfortable that night!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X