• Originally posted by anygreen View Post

that's funny
    You would find that funny
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

You would find that funny
      We are culturally appropriating him by talking about electricity doing things.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• My partner and I will mark one year together in late January, early February.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          My partner and I will mark one year together in late January, early February.
          +1

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

+1
            I love her. She even fixes problems with my car when she can!
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• I wrote this on a reddit site in response to a young person's question of whether love is worth it. It is an Old's wisdom. But even with that I find I believe it.

The initial stage of romantic love is not something you get a choice about. It will overtake you and drown you like a feather in a storm. Enjoy that.

Respecting and fostering a loving relationship, when that stage of bliss inevitably passes after a few weeks or months, is like any demanding but fulfilling lifestyle: it works if you commit to it sincerely, give yourself wholly to it, and have a gentle sense of the absurdity of it. If you try to stand outside it and relate to it critically or ironically it will not work.

If you adapt to and cultivate it, it is one of the few deep satisfactions for a self-aware human being, like art, music, parenthood, a profession, kindness, serving others. If you are wedded to self, it will not stand for you. Our culture celebrates both love and individualism, but they are not compatible. A man cannot serve two masters: each action is a choice between love and self.

Love is a balloon you can step into and float above the pointless, cruel idiocy of having been born into a purposeless universe with a brain wired to inexhaustible thirst for purpose. If you are made of sharp knives you will slice through and fall. You have to make yourself softer and flexible; then it can hold you. Love has tremendous updraft ability but it is delicate and you cannot thrust a jagged ego forward.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Well written. It's exactly right.

Coming home to someone who loves you and someone you love is... it's hard to describe. You feel whole again.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  I wrote this on a reddit site in response to a young person's question of whether love is worth it. It is an Old's wisdom. But even with that I find I believe it.

The initial stage of romantic love is not something you get a choice about. It will overtake you and drown you like a feather in a storm. Enjoy that.

Respecting and fostering a loving relationship, when that stage of bliss inevitably passes after a few weeks or months, is like any demanding but fulfilling lifestyle: it works if you commit to it sincerely, give yourself wholly to it, and have a gentle sense of the absurdity of it. If you try to stand outside it and relate to it critically or ironically it will not work.

If you adapt to and cultivate it, it is one of the few deep satisfactions for a self-aware human being, like art, music, parenthood, a profession, kindness, serving others. If you are wedded to self, it will not stand for you. Our culture celebrates both love and individualism, but they are not compatible. A man cannot serve two masters: each action is a choice between love and self.

Love is a balloon you can step into and float above the pointless, cruel idiocy of having been born into a purposeless universe with a brain wired to inexhaustible thirst for purpose. If you are made of sharp knives you will slice through and fall. You have to make yourself softer and flexible; then it can hold you. Love has tremendous updraft ability but it is delicate and you cannot thrust a jagged ego forward.
                  tl;dr version from Col. Sherman T. Potter: "When you're in love, you're always in trouble; all you can do is either stop loving 'em, or love 'em a whole lot more."

Comment

• I appreciate how you all wrote these without sounding like *****s.

so many people manage to say these things and make people who are happy being single sound like freaks who don’t live in reality because they never knew happiness until they found someone.

i think the posters here actually realize some people can find a shred of happiness without being coupled up

but i do enjoy seeing the desperate posts on Facebook from people desperate to justify their choices and make sure everyone knows just how happy they are with those choices lol

Comment

• Happily single and Banana Bread
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Happily single and Banana Bread

Comment

• A lot of good advice in that piece, Kep. I think having a gentle sense of the absurdity of it is a healthful way to approach much of life.

Comment

• My partner and I are talking about a formal commitment ceremony in the Spring.

Comment

• Congrats!
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Awesome!

KDR

Comment

Working...
                                X