Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

    I thought these distributions were typically bell curves?

    FWIW, the hobby pilots I have met have been nerdy and great and the commercials pilots I have met have been herpa-derpy a-ssclowns.
    Not with pilots in my experience (which is a lot), the 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 seems accurate.

    And yeah, most of them are derpy clowns. In Anchorage we elected one mayor.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

    Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Not with pilots in my experience (which is a lot), the 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 seems accurate.

      And yeah, most of them are derpy clowns. In Anchorage we elected one mayor.
      I would say that all the pilots I have met have been "large personalities."

      They've also almost all been libertarians or some form of Christofascist conservative.

      And they've all been whiter than white.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

        I would say that all the pilots I have met have been "large personalities."

        They've also almost all been libertarians or some form of Christofascist conservative.

        And they've all been whiter than white.
        I’ve interacted with the whole spectrum at work. The vast majority are white and male. White females can either be the worst or the best, no real inbetween. Black pilots are some of the best people I’ve met, we had one that would go out with us and buy us drinks back in my younger days.

        My main soccer referee mentor was a pilot as well as a national level referee, one of my favorite people in my life.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

        Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

        Comment


        • Interesting. Of all the commercial pilots (or people who got dicked over by life that wanted to be pilots) all but one were great people. Ok, possibly two if you include a former long haul Delta pilot I met in Michigan (really nice guy, definitely had an inflated ego but wasn't that off-putting).

          Anyways, I'm with jim here, I think pilots are a lot like everyone else. Normal.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Interesting. Of all the commercial pilots (or people who got dicked over by life that wanted to be pilots) all but one were great people. Ok, possibly two if you include a former long haul Delta pilot I met in Michigan (really nice guy, definitely had an inflated ego but wasn't that off-putting).

            Anyways, I'm with jim here, I think pilots are a lot like everyone else. Normal.
            Like I said, the ones that are egotistical jerks are such egotistical jerks that it throws off the curve.

            Also, keep in mind that not every pilot goes military->commercial. There’s plenty out there that had to work years at s-ty places for s-ty pay before they became big commercial pilots.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

            Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              I’ve interacted with the whole spectrum at work. The vast majority are white and male. White females can either be the worst or the best, no real inbetween. Black pilots are some of the best people I’ve met, we had one that would go out with us and buy us drinks back in my younger days.

              My main soccer referee mentor was a pilot as well as a national level referee, one of my favorite people in my life.
              The black ex-mils I have met have all been amazing people, probably from having to deal with the sort of white people they had to in the service.

              I know one black full bird AF colonel but he's not a pilot and would Will Smith you if you called him one. He's commanded whole bases of them, though. Basically: drunkenness, social diseases, and girlfriend issues, all to the haunting refrains of country music. He doesn't really care for wypipo and I can't blame him.
              Last edited by Kepler; 03-30-2022, 12:02 PM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                I would say that all the pilots I have met have been "large personalities."

                They've also almost all been libertarians or some form of Christofascist conservative.

                And they've all been whiter than white.
                How many is that a couple?, you love painting with a broad brush.
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

                Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  Pilots tend to follow the classic 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 split but the 1/3 that actually are egotistical jerks really ruin it.
                  This. The worst third of their lot are so bad, they give the entire profession a bad rep still to this day.

                  Comment


                  • Internet creep: Your profile pic inspired me to talk to you.
                    Me: Thanks; let me take it down.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

                    Comment


                    • No idea if this captures dating apps.

                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                      Comment


                      • Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                        Comment


                        • Taylor Swift was right:

                          "Boys only want love if it's torture Don't say I didn't warn ya..."
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

                          Comment


                          • My beautiful Partner is also my Mistress and I have been officially collared by her.

                            Being collared is basically being committed. Not quite marriage.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

                            Comment


                            • Welp, they're both available.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                              Comment


                              • Nightmare fuel

                                https://twitter.com/ronfilipkowski/s...t6W5w0Ew6TY0Fw

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X