Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    The answer is that if she can be this verbally intimate with you, have such an incredibly tight relationship with you while professing her love to the BF I would not feel comfortable/ feel too much trust if she decides to ditch the BF. This is the equivilent of cheating without the sex. Woman does not have commitment boundries.
    Meh...I tend to think the whole "emotional affair" thing is kinda a load of b.s., you either have an affair or you don't, and there's certain physical acts involved if you do.

    Now if you don't feel comfortable talking about things with your significent other, maybe that's a sign things aren't going so hot and you should re-evaluate why you're still together. But I don't think it's irreconcilable, unlike a true affair.

    Comment


    • Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

      Originally posted by unofan View Post
      Meh...I tend to think the whole "emotional affair" thing is kinda a load of b.s., you either have an affair or you don't, and there's certain physical acts involved if you do.

      Now if you don't feel comfortable talking about things with your significent other, maybe that's a sign things aren't going so hot and you should re-evaluate why you're still together. But I don't think it's irreconcilable, unlike a true affair.
      Sounds to me that this gal has given everything but her body to the guy. Once in awhile is OK but if you need that much attention outside your relationship there is a problem within it. Not saying people can't be close friends. Some of my best friends are guys but my husband is in the discussion once in awhile, not outside of it.

      Comment


      • Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

        Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        Sounds to me that this gal has given everything but her body to the guy. Once in awhile is OK but if you need that much attention outside your relationship there is a problem within it. Not saying people can't be close friends. Some of my best friends are guys but my husband is in the discussion once in awhile, not outside of it.
        Yeah, but we're also only getting the friend-who-wants-to-be-more's side of the story. Having been that guy in the not so distant past, I'm sure there's rose-colored glasses skewing his observations.

        Comment


        • Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

          I'm back. Not one I want to pursue.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            I'm back. Not one I want to pursue.
            Your spot at the bar is open.

            Comment


            • Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

              Originally posted by Almington View Post
              Your spot at the bar is open.
              Thanks. Now that I've had some time to think things through, I still wonder how the hell that one girl stuck with me for two months...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Thanks. Now that I've had some time to think things through, I still wonder how the hell that one girl stuck with me for two months...
                Step 1: Boobs
                Step 2: ???????
                Step 3: Profit

                Comment


                • Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

                  Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
                  Step 1: Boobs
                  Step 2: ???????
                  Step 3: Profit
                  Let's not bring FD's boobs into this!
                  Go Red!!

                  National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

                  Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

                  Comment


                  • Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

                    So...what does a guy do when he gets a text message from a random number that says: Hey, (my name), its ______ from _____ bar, want to go get dinner tonight? I have no effing clue who this person is.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

                    RIP - Kirby

                    Comment


                    • Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      So...what does a guy do when he gets a text message from a random number that says: Hey, (my name), its ______ from _____ bar, want to go get dinner tonight? I have no effing clue who this person is.
                      Well, you gave her your number, which more than likely means you found her attractive, or at least she was attractive when you were really drunk. I say go for it. At worst you have a funny story. At best, you get to have some fun with a forward, assertive woman.
                      Old Monster Records

                      Comment


                      • Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        So...what does a guy do when he gets a text message from a random number that says: Hey, (my name), its ______ from _____ bar, want to go get dinner tonight? I have no effing clue who this person is.
                        Ask your friends who you were with at that bar whether they remember you talking to someone by her name, since you were obviously too hammered to remember giving her your number, and, if they do remember, ask whether she was attractive.
                        Cornell University Men's Hockey
                        NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

                        Comment


                        • Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          So...what does a guy do when he gets a text message from a random number that says: Hey, (my name), its ______ from _____ bar, want to go get dinner tonight? I have no effing clue who this person is.
                          Say yes and send MNS as a scout.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

                            I responded with saying that I didn't have her number saved in my phone, so I'm not sure who this is, when did I meet you there... Apparently I met her about a month ago, her name is Christina, and she's a blonde hair, blue eye, teacher. I vaguely remember her, it is a very, very good bet that I was quite drunk. MNS, was probably there that night, maybe he remembers something...

                            I told her that I can't do anything tonight, which is the truth, I am planning on going out with some friends, but I maybe another day might work out.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

                            RIP - Kirby

                            Comment


                            • Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

                              Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                              Let's not bring FD's boobs into this!
                              Dude... -_-

                              Comment


                              • Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

                                Name kind of rings a bell...but, I can't picture her. Let's be honest, blonde hair and blue eyes wouldn't really narrow it down for you.
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

                                Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

                                Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

                                Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X