X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Not surprised he's a pilot. In many cases, an inflated ego still comes with the hat and the stripes.
    Surprised he's a pilot and tall. Military pilots are typically short (and have short man disease).

Top Gun got that part right.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Not surprised he's a pilot. In many cases, an inflated ego still comes with the hat and the stripes.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    It’s Portland (“Dutch bros” is a dead giveaway), what the **** was he expecting?
    I think of DB as more southern OR, like Ashland and Bend. But I haven't been there is a hundred years.

And yeah, a Pepe derp isn't going to get much traction with the women of Portland. They graduated high school.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    It’s Portland (“Dutch bros” is a dead giveaway), what the **** was he expecting?

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Well, we have been trying to turn frogs gay

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Tell me these people aren't really out there.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Given overfishing and pollution, we should change it from "there's other fish in the sea" to "there's still some fish among the trash," which is far more accurate dating wise.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    God, we are cute together.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaTLjPCr...dium=copy_link

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Um.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

My wife told the guy to never reach out to her again in her reply yesterday. The fact that she had *merely* ghosted him with all previous times he tried to contact her means that this did the first time she explicitly said he is unwelcome in her life. With that, could anything actually happen if she went to the cops? I’d think they could only intervene if he makes contact ever again.
    So I'm not going to pretend I know anything about this, but I used to live with a paralegal who would give me little bits here and there about why reporting to the cops (even if nothing will come out of it immediately) is important. If you're in an accident, don't tell the cops you feel fine if you have a small twinge in the neck. Document everything so it's on the record and you have something to start with should it get worse.

I think that same principle works here. You already have a pattern of behavior. Even if it's nothing right now or he never contacts you again or the cops can't do much, the next time something does happen, it won't be the first they've heard about it.

That documentation is the critical part here. I know you have an email documented, but I don't think it would hurt to at least contact the police and see what options you have. I know that's an escalation and I know that's a lot of work, but I think it's worth it in case it does happen again. Harassment doesn't necessarily need to have a "Please stop" first to be considered harassment.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I would end this before it gets worse. Get the cops involved now. It won't get better. He keeps progressing.
    My wife told the guy to never reach out to her again in her reply yesterday. The fact that she had *merely* ghosted him with all previous times he tried to contact her means that this did the first time she explicitly said he is unwelcome in her life. With that, could anything actually happen if she went to the cops? I’d think they could only intervene if he makes contact ever again.

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    Agree with DX.

The tracking down of a current work e-mail address that was established well after they should have ended contact is all sorts of weird and sketchy.

Calling the guy out on it is probably the only way that the lightbulb could POSSIBLY be triggered regarding this clearly socially unacceptable behavior if indeed it is just a very misguided, yet innocently intended choice by this guy. But odds are he's probably done similar things to others and it needs to be stopped.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    I would end this before it gets worse. Get the cops involved now. It won't get better. He keeps progressing.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Back before my wife and I met, she had been on a few dates with some guy. According to her, things went fine but not great, so she broke it off with him.

Skip ahead to last year, and my wife spotted him at Target while she and I were there, though I was off hunting for one thing while she was with our daughter and hunting another thing. Apparently, the guy spotted her there, too, but didn’t approach because he was there with some other woman. My wife mentioned it to me at the time, saying that she’d no interest in ever taking to him ever again. That struck me as the guy doing something creepy/sketchy with/to her back in the day, but I didn’t pursue it because we all have histories.

A week or so later, the guy sends her an email to her old email address, one that used her maiden name and she kept for legacy financial accounts. She decided then to update her legacy accounts to her current email and then closed the old email account. Clearly something was off there.

Jump ahead to today, and my wife tells me that Sketchy Dude just sent an email to my wife’s work email account. She started at this job after we married. He had to do some serious internet stalking to find her, and then just as much lack of sense to actually reach out to her, which implicitly tells her how much effort he put into tracking her.

She replied to him, telling him that she found it very creepy and that he’s not to reach out to her again. She then sent me the email just so that a copy of it was kept somewhere else. This is all very strange and it’s really unsettled her. If he reaches out again, I’m not sure if the cops will become involved but perhaps some sort of restraining order will be filed.

I’m so glad that I’m not a woman and having to deal with crap like that back from when I was dating.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Date number 3 with the lady this morning.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X