• Show
Clear All

• Re: Deadliest Catch - Season 7

Probably a bit of both.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Nothing from last nights episode? I literally laughed out loud when Keith hired a greenhorn (on recommendation from his brother admittedly) who had never been on a plane and never seen the ocean. And Kieth wonders why his greenhorns fail so much. Im sure there are a few guys out there who havent stepped foot on a boat who might be that diamond in the rough and end up doing great. Chances are though that they will not end up on the Wizard.

What I am waiting for is next week though. Something is going down with said greenhorn and apparently Keith will be calling the Coast Guard for help. I seem to recall seeing previews from this season and seeing them airlift someone off of one of the boats on the show. Perhaps this will be it. From the previews it looked like he was in bad shape (looked like he was having a seizure)

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
        Nothing from last nights episode? I literally laughed out loud when Keith hired a greenhorn (on recommendation from his brother admittedly) who had never been on a plane and never seen the ocean. And Kieth wonders why his greenhorns fail so much. Im sure there are a few guys out there who havent stepped foot on a boat who might be that diamond in the rough and end up doing great. Chances are though that they will not end up on the Wizard.

What I am waiting for is next week though. Something is going down with said greenhorn and apparently Keith will be calling the Coast Guard for help. I seem to recall seeing previews from this season and seeing them airlift someone off of one of the boats on the show. Perhaps this will be it. From the previews it looked like he was in bad shape (looked like he was having a seizure)
        Last night's ep is on the DVR...maybe tonight I'll get to it. Keith is never going to be happy with greenhorns. He'll find something to b**** about no matter what. As for the airlift, I definitely believe it is the Wizard that's involved and most likely the greenhorn.
        Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
        Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
        sigpic
        Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
        1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

I haven't watched this one yet. I'll comment when I see it sometime this week.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Monte said he didn't expect the greenhorn to pan out even before he went to Alaska...so why hire him? Shouldn't you try to find people that you think might succeed in the job? Or are the only resumes they're getting these days from complete rookies because anyone who wants to break into the business knows better than to serve as a greenhorn on the Wizard?

I am beginning to think this isn't just an accident that the boat always ends up with crappy greenhorns that never work out. I think on some level Keith WANTS these guys to fail so he'll have something to b!tc# about. I bet if the same guys wound up on the Northwestern or the Time Bandit they wouldn't have failed nearly as spectacularly.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              Monte said he didn't expect the greenhorn to pan out even before he went to Alaska...so why hire him? Shouldn't you try to find people that you think might succeed in the job? Or are the only resumes they're getting these days from complete rookies because anyone who wants to break into the business knows better than to serve as a greenhorn on the Wizard?

I am beginning to think this isn't just an accident that the boat always ends up with crappy greenhorns that never work out. I think on some level Keith WANTS these guys to fail so he'll have something to b!tc# about. I bet if the same guys wound up on the Northwestern or the Time Bandit they wouldn't have failed nearly as spectacularly.
              One of the things that really suprised me was to hear Freddie, who used to be on the Cornelia Marie, being so hard on the greenhorn and hating them so much. I feel like when he was on the Cornelia he was much more willing to work with new people and train/teach them what they need to know to succeed. Its like the Wizard just breeds hate and contempt.

Comment

Watching now.

JFC. Keith's already saying the kid's a deer in headlights, and they're not even in the water yet. He gets what he deserves when he hires guys like that.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Maybe, maybe, a little harsh there out of Keith (maybe just a little bit), but necessary nonetheless.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Watching last week's episode. You already tell Chris is having problems.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Sometimes I really hate the editing on this show. They know people are waiting to see what happens to greenhorn Chris on the Wizard but they are going to wait until the last minute to show it and then we will have to wait until next week to probably see the outcome. I should have seen this coming.

Also, I am of the opinion that the Seabrooke should probably have called it an end to the season. I know they need the crab to help pay for the repairs, but with one engine...that just seems waaaay to risky.

Comment

Wow. That kid is messed up. Gotta be a nerve thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                          Wow. That kid is messed up. Gotta be a nerve thing.
                          Either that or he's having a stroke.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                            yeah, i was thinking that too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              I was thinking heart attack.

There really isn't a lot of things that compares to crab fishing... Ultramarathoning, maybe. Ironman, maybe... But your average guy won't measure themselves against that.
                              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                              Skating Friar Jersey
                              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Greenhorns would rather have a stroke than serve on the Wizard

Comment

Working...
                                X