• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Deadliest Catch - Season 7

"We're not here to make money, we're here to have fun." Ummmm

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      To me the difference is Keith appears to be a decent fisherman. Elliot looks like a hack.
      True. The one thing that gets me on the Wizard is that they always complain about their greenhorns and their greenhorns seem to fail a lot. The thing is though it seems like we really never seem to see someone on the boat giving them any kind of guidance. "Ok we need you to do this, here is how you do it." A little encouragement and effort from the deckhands could go a long way. Maybe its just the way its edited but as we have seen over and over other boats seem to be able to get a greenhorn to work out but the Wizard just cant do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        "We're not here to make money, we're here to have fun." Ummmm
        Yeah imagine if Sig or Keith heard a deckhand say that!

Comment

So, Elliot is *****ing about respect after doing that to Scott?

I didn't think it was possible to lose a boat faster than the Harris boys, but he's making one helluva run at it.
          Did the Harris boys lose the CM or could they just not afford to fish this season? Neither of them have enough experience to be the captain, so they'd have to hire one which is probably more than they can afford, especially if their quota has been cut in half.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
            True. The one thing that gets me on the Wizard is that they always complain about their greenhorns and their greenhorns seem to fail a lot. The thing is though it seems like we really never seem to see someone on the boat giving them any kind of guidance. "Ok we need you to do this, here is how you do it." A little encouragement and effort from the deckhands could go a long way. Maybe its just the way its edited but as we have seen over and over other boats seem to be able to get a greenhorn to work out but the Wizard just cant do it.
            Yeah, we hear Keith talk about "breaking in" the greenhorns (hazing them) like making a guy wear that stupid helmet, but every season they seem to be breaking in a new greenhorn - sometimes two or three. Meanwhile, Sig put Jake through hell on the Northwestern but the crew showed him how to do his job and now he's worked his way up (isn't he a captain of another boat in the summer?). Either Keith is screwing up when he hires these guys or the crew is hazing these guys way too much. It can't be a coincidence that ONLY one boat on the show has the same problem EVERY year. Maybe they should try not hazing the greenhorn next time...

Comment

Did the Harris boys lose the CM or could they just not afford to fish this season? Neither of them have enough experience to be the captain, so they'd have to hire one which is probably more than they can afford, especially if their quota has been cut in half.
              The latter, but unless they grow up quick, fast, and in a hurry, they're headed toward the former.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Yeah, we hear Keith talk about "breaking in" the greenhorns (hazing them) like making a guy wear that stupid helmet, but every season they seem to be breaking in a new greenhorn - sometimes two or three. Meanwhile, Sig put Jake through hell on the Northwestern but the crew showed him how to do his job and now he's worked his way up (isn't he a captain of another boat in the summer?). Either Keith is screwing up when he hires these guys or the crew is hazing these guys way too much. It can't be a coincidence that ONLY one boat on the show has the same problem EVERY year. Maybe they should try not hazing the greenhorn next time...
                I have to imagine there's a lot of off-deck family bonding on the Northwestern as such... they may hate each other in the moment or on the deck but I get the feeling is what when they get downstairs it becomes more familial... the deck is about business.... off-deck... noogies and shoulder punches.

edit: Also remember that what we see is often a 10-15 minute summary (at best) of 2-3 days or longer. I'm sure in a lot of cases they're covering "the spirit of the thing"... but its not all that goes on... most of these boats would give our home entertainment systems a run for their money.
                Last edited by Patman; 04-24-2012, 09:17 PM.
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Well. That coaching lesson from Bill went south in a hurry.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Sig with a bomb there on Jake Harris: "You still look stoned."

God, that was fun...

Comment

"You gotta get ****ed. You still look stoned."

Sig rules.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

I think here is where Sig is really finding out that Phil didn't do his kids any favors on the CM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I think here is where Sig is really finding out that Phil didn't do his kids any favors on the CM.
                          Yeah that experiment didn't last long.

Comment

Haven't seen much of Josh in a couple episodes.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Why do I have the feeling that Elliott is going to beat Junior? This is going too smooth to be true.

God, that was fun...

Comment

He probably didn't say "Yes sir, I'll get it done." because you had already fired him. Derp.

Keith is a knob. Or the Discovery Channel is purposefully trying to make it look that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X