X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Deadliest Catch - Season 7

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Jake still has no clue.
    Its just scary how much he just doesn't understand... wonderful framing by the film crew... the crab industry owes them nothing... and has done a fair bit for them... but in the end the guys you hire are looking to make a living. The big difference is that their father as a 21-year old probably had the right mixture of intelligence, charisma, hard work, and luck to make it. Jake does not know this... he just thinks it happens. Josh knows that it just doesn't happen on its own. If they can even hope to keep the boat i hope Josh buys his brother out just for his own sake.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Why would you insult their dad like that???? Jake will scream and swear at you!!!!

Jake is like a younger Keith
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Why would you insult their dad like that???? Jake will scream and swear at you!!!!

Jake is like a younger Keith
        I was thinking the exact same thing as I watched the end of the episode. If both are still on the same boat in a few years, they'll be another Keith-Monte situation by then...though I bet the cameras will be gone by then.
        Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
        Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
        sigpic
        Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
        1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
          If both are still on the same boat in a few years, they'll be another Keith-Monte situation by then...though I bet the cameras will be gone by then.
          I highly doubt they ever step on a boat again once the cameras are gone. They want to be TV stars, not fisherman.
          Originally posted by dicaslover
          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
            I highly doubt they ever step on a boat again once the cameras are gone. They want to be TV stars, not fisherman.
            Good point. Josh I could see continuing, but not Jake. Everything Jake says seems like it's for the cameras.

btw, everyone should check out the Behind the Scenes episode if you get the chance. It's similar the previous specials they've shown, but this year it shows more of the background of the "When Keith Attacks..." incident. I do always wonder why most of the cameramen are new every year. It will be interesting to see if Carper comes back.
            Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
            Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
            sigpic
            Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
            1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Yeah that pretty showed that Keith's version was BS. Carp didnt do anything, and didnt even raise his voice until it after he was attacked.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I think the Cornelia Marie is done on Deadliest Catch.

First link, from what I think is the CM's homepage

Derrick Ray's interview

Some excerpts from Ray's interview

Q: How did Cornelia Marie Devlin, the boat's majority owner, react to what went down?

A: The last time I talked to her was about a week ago and she's coming up to go on our tour June 1, and she's completely done with Discovery.

Q: So will the Cornelia Marie not be on "Deadliest Catch" if the show is renewed for another season?

A: I'm 99 percent sure it will never be on "Deadliest Catch" again.

Q: Even though Jake and Josh own a portion of the boat?

A: What they own is mostly debt. They don't have any equity. And the boat is in terrible shape.
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
                  Good point. Josh I could see continuing, but not Jake. Everything Jake says seems like it's for the cameras. .
                  Josh is maybe more sympathetic, but just as bad. He was the one that said they wanted to go out long enough to film everything and then immediately come in, and spent most of the king season begging to cut their losses and head in every time a pot came up empty.
                  Originally posted by dicaslover
                  Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                  Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Season 8 debuts in a few minutes.

First episode: "The Gamble" - The captains struggle to come to grips with a slashed crab quota; the skippers each face tough decisions.
                    Second episode: "Deckhands" - A glimpse into what it takes to make it as a deckhand.

The first two episodes air tonight.

Comment

Already seeing drama in the preview for the season. Looks like the Coast Guard is getting called to the Wizard at some point. The Harris bros are split up as the Cornelia Marie is not going out. Jake is on the Northwestern and Josh on the Time Bandit... I believe thats how it is. Cant recal what I read the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                        Already seeing drama in the preview for the season. Looks like the Coast Guard is getting called to the Wizard at some point. The Harris bros are split up as the Cornelia Marie is not going out. Jake is on the Northwestern and Josh on the Time Bandit... I believe thats how it is. Cant recal what I read the other day.
                        I saw a preview with Sig saying, "Jake is starting over from square one" and wondered what the heck Jake had done to earn such scorn...now that makes sense. Going to be as confusing as hell having two guys named Jake on one boat.

Comment

Ah. I see that Keith is having fun with greenhorns again.

God, that was fun...

Comment

So, Elliot is *****ing about respect after doing that to Scott?

I didn't think it was possible to lose a boat faster than the Harris boys, but he's making one helluva run at it.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              So, Elliot is *****ing about respect after doing that to Scott?

I didn't think it was possible to lose a boat faster than the Harris boys, but he's making one helluva run at it.

Elliot is venturing into Keith territory in terms of likeability.

Comment

To me the difference is Keith appears to be a decent fisherman. Elliot looks like a hack.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X