Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Deadliest Catch - Season 7

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I would rather work for the Time Bandit too. Sig, while getting results is just as a much a ********* as anyone else. (certainly no less than John and Andy) If I am going to work horrid hours and never sleep I want to have fun, not have some albino looking tyrant screaming down at me.

Different strokes...as long as it isnt Keith
    Mark it down, I agree with Priceless, I'd rather work for Sig. Do your job and he'll leave you alone. He'll give you grief and ride you but he won't be spittin' in your face like Keith.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
      You would make more working for the Northwestern. I don't know how anyone could work for Keith.
      Northwestern and Time Bandit are the two highest grossing boats on the show. I remember one season Keith's guys made about $10,500 as opposed to Northwestern that was nearly $45,000, Time Bandit was $40,000 and Cornelia Marie $31,000. I know it depends on the share, owner, and number of workers, but that's crap money compared to the other guys.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Mark it down, I agree with Priceless, I'd rather work for Sig. Do your job and he'll leave you alone. He'll give you grief and ride you but he won't be spittin' in your face like Keith.
        Bt no one wants to work for Keith...I am sure you agree with Priceless you would rather have the ability to see
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
          Northwestern and Time Bandit are the two highest grossing boats on the show. I remember one season Keith's guys made about $10,500 as opposed to Northwestern that was nearly $45,000, Time Bandit was $40,000 and Cornelia Marie $31,000. I know it depends on the share, owner, and number of workers, but that's crap money compared to the other guys.

The wizard crew got the shaft on that trip.
          When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
            I remember them making $61K a piece one season... depends on your quota, the prices, repairs, the time it took, etc. More to the point is that Keith is emotional in a manner that's just weak and the rest of the guys don't take kindly to anybody but themselves.

---

As for the Time Bandit... with them I think you're either on their wavelength or you aren't... if you can take the jerky stuff they do then it works for you... I can't particular stand them but I've never been one of those types of guys. Obviously, if they were really jerks they'd be cycling through more people.
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
              As for the Time Bandit... with them I think you're either on their wavelength or you aren't... if you can take the jerky stuff they do then it works for you... I can't particular stand them but I've never been one of those types of guys. Obviously, if they were really jerks they'd be cycling through more people.
              I think you got it perfect here. While, I can't stand the childish antics on the Time Bandit, they do seem to have a pretty stable crew and I think that says a lot. Personally, I would much rather work for Sig. He hard but fair and their isn't a ton of childish BS going on on his boat. Yeah, they ride Jake pretty hard but I don't they would do it unless they liked him.
              My Four Favorite teams:
              RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
              Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Uh-oh.....
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  Uh-oh.....
                  Sigh...
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Had to go to PTO last night- what happened!!??

Comment

I am guessing they are referring to the end where the Captain of the CM says he smelled weed on Jake. Jake had driven the boat the day before and did well, now the new Captain said he will not drive the rest of the season.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I am guessing they are referring to the end where the Captain of the CM says he smelled weed on Jake. Jake had driven the boat the day before and did well, now the new Captain said he will not drive the rest of the season.
                        oops

Comment

I wonder how much is due to editing...but I find it interesting that so many boats are having trouble locating crab. The Seabrooke and Northwestern seem to be about it.

Comment

NSFW
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Didn't catch that in the preview for next week, but when he was driving the boat my first thought was: "He's stoned." I'd put big money on him not being clean.
                              I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                                Didn't catch that in the preview for next week, but when he was driving the boat my first thought was: "He's stoned." I'd put big money on him not being clean.
                                Which is sad really. I get the feeling that he wants to be out there and wants to be a major part of the boat but that just cant be tolerated. Even if its something as simple as weed. I know these guys are working on little or no sleep, they are being kept awake by massive amounts of caffeine, and most smoke like a chimney...and sure there are probably some users of variouos kinds in there too. But in that kind of job it seems like the last thing you would want is something that might impair your judgement. Im sure many hopped that his dad's death and his time in rehab would have gotten him to turn things around. But if thats not the case, if I were Josh I would be trying to buy out some of his share of the boat (while also trying to buy out more of others shares) and limit his involvement. Jake just appears to be too much of a liability right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X