Deadliest Catch - Season 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Deadliest Catch - Season 7

And here we go...starting off with the spreading of Phil's ashes...

Comment

I like this Derrick guy so far. He isn't coddling the Harris boys, but not being a jerk either.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Okay, so he can be a jerk. It is true that they aren't treating him as a captain, though.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          Okay, so he can be a jerk. It is true that they aren't treating him as a captain, though.
          So far, I'm sure there are things unsaid (lots of stuff in bags)... but yeah... I wouldn't imagine the transition to a brand new guy would go over easy... Josh is the boss here... Jake is just somebody with way too much leverage for the situation. Seriously though... trouble brewing.

-----

Liked the way they've opened the show in general (beyond the immediate opening).
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

[queue inner shipping geek]

One of my favorite parts from last night was the medevac off the Evergreen container ship by the USCG heli. Definitely something you don't get to see footage of, and also very, very real. I don't think a lot of people realize how 'alone' you are when working on a ship, the crew is the firemen, the doctors, everything.

[/inner shipping geek (I'm graduating from school in a month to work as a licensed mate aboard merchant vessels)]

Comment

Anyone else like to see Keith get a baseball bat upside the head? What a dirtbag that guy is
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Anyone else like to see Keith get a baseball bat upside the head? What a dirtbag that guy is
                I'm surprised someone hasn't already done so.
                When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Well if you hit him, straight up while he is looking at you he calls you a cheapshot artist

Keith sucks and whines more than anyone on the show even Jake Anderson
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Well if you hit him, straight up while he is looking at you he calls you a cheapshot artist

Keith sucks and whines more than anyone on the show even Jake Anderson
                    I realize the tradition on the sea is the Captain is god, but he's been working with some of these guys for years yet he treats them like they're idiots and know nothing about their jobs. I'd kill him
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      I realize the tradition on the sea is the Captain is god, but he's been working with some of these guys for years yet he treats them like they're idiots and know nothing about their jobs. I'd kill him
                      Keith even treats his own brother like &*(%. I was waiting for Keith to stroke out when he was ranting the other night about how he's the captain and everyone better shut the *&*^ up and listen to him. His BP must have been waaay into the red zone. Gotta wonder about the life expectancy of all these guys.....

Comment

The Time Bandit would be the best boat to work on. Johnathan and Andy seem to treat their crew pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
                          The Time Bandit would be the best boat to work on. Johnathan and Andy seem to treat their crew pretty well.
                          Except for the whole nepotism thing, playing God with the deckhands and having little morale plays just to create drama. But other than that, Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?

I wouldn't want that life, but if I had to work for one of them, it'd be Sig. He can be a real son of a bitch but he's fair. He reminds me of Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: You are all equally worthless! He'll work you until you're dead on your feet, but he gets results. It's not a coincidence that pretty much every boat in the fleet has had an issue with greenhorns and the Northwestern hasn't. They had that college kid in season 1 who was hired for $300 and wound up getting a percentage of the catch. Then they took Jake and he became a full share guy and a captain-in-training. I wonder if some of these greenhorns might have had better fates working for Sig than Keith... Then again, maybe Sig is a better judge of character than Keith and screens out the applicants a little better.

Comment

I would rather work for the Time Bandit too. Sig, while getting results is just as a much a ********* as anyone else. (certainly no less than John and Andy) If I am going to work horrid hours and never sleep I want to have fun, not have some albino looking tyrant screaming down at me.

Different strokes...as long as it isnt Keith
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              I would rather work for the Time Bandit too. Sig, while getting results is just as a much a ********* as anyone else. (certainly no less than John and Andy) If I am going to work horrid hours and never sleep I want to have fun, not have some albino looking tyrant screaming down at me.

Different strokes...as long as it isnt Keith
                              I used to think doing Opilios with Andy would be awesome. He seemed like a really laid back captain. Now I think both of them are worried more about their Geico ads and other marketing than their crabbing. But yeah, anyone but Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                                Except for the whole nepotism thing, playing God with the deckhands and having little morale plays just to create drama. But other than that, Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?

I wouldn't want that life, but if I had to work for one of them, it'd be Sig. He can be a real son of a bitch but he's fair. He reminds me of Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: You are all equally worthless! He'll work you until you're dead on your feet, but he gets results. It's not a coincidence that pretty much every boat in the fleet has had an issue with greenhorns and the Northwestern hasn't. They had that college kid in season 1 who was hired for $300 and wound up getting a percentage of the catch. Then they took Jake and he became a full share guy and a captain-in-training. I wonder if some of these greenhorns might have had better fates working for Sig than Keith... Then again, maybe Sig is a better judge of character than Keith and screens out the applicants a little better.

You would make more working for the Northwestern. I don't know how anyone could work for Keith.

Comment

Working...
                                X