Deadliest Catch - Season 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadliest Catch - Season 7

Season 7 starts April 12th. Cornelia Marie is back along with the Northwestern, the Wizard, and the Time Bandit. Two new boats this year: the Ramblin' Rose and the Seabrooke.

Press Release

A SEA CHANGE FOR DEADLIEST CATCH:
    FRESH CONFLICT, NEW CAPTAINS JOIN TV'S ULTIMATE REALITY

New Season Premieres Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 9 PM (ET/PT) on Discovery Channel

(Silver Spring, Md) – New blood, old wounds and rivalries that never die. For some it's a season of change; for others, a chance to make a name for themselves, but some things remain constant: the perilous, icy waters of the Bering Sea and most dangerous job in the world. After a record breaking, heartbreaking season last year, the Emmy award-winning DEADLIEST CATCH returns to Discovery Channel, Tuesday, April 12 at 9 pm ET/PT.

The dark clouds and long shadow of their father's death still hang heavy on sons Josh and Jake Harris but now they need to show the rest of the fleet that they can come back and step it up as co-owners of the Cornelia Marie.

After briefly auditioning successors in the wheelhouse of the Time Bandit last season, Andy and Johnathan Hillstrand are center stage again with no intention of stepping down but they soon find their lucky streak in crabbing could be coming to an end.

Over on the Northwestern, Captain Sig Hansen is left guessing if his brother Edgar is even showing up at all this season. And the usually steady and reliable, Captain Keith Colburn gambles and ventures into uncharted fishing grounds hoping for a big payoff for the Wizard.

Two new boats join the fleet this season. Dubbed "the floating frat house," the Ramblin' Rose introduces a young, rowdy crew skippered by Elliot Neese, all of 28 years old, and already boasting about his fishing prowess. Seabrooke Captain Scott Campbell Jr., 36, adds youth and cockiness as well but behind the steely confidence, Junior is still haunted by the loss of a deckhand at sea. Can he battle back and conquer his demons?

"DEADLIEST CATCH has the best storytelling on television. Our captains and crew are real, raw and magnetic characters who bring an intense and honest reality to everything in their world," said Clark Bunting, President and General Manager, Discovery Channel.
    Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
    Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
    sigpic
    Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
    1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Re: Deadliest Catch - Season 7

Awesome. Elliot Neese sounds familiar. Has he been on the show before either as a captain or deckhand?

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
      After briefly auditioning successors in the wheelhouse of the Time Bandit last season, Andy and Johnathan Hillstrand are center stage again with no intention of stepping down
      I'm shocked. No, really.

Comment

Though the press release says the CM is back, they only filled up the boat once and headed home. Rumor has it they fished only enough for Discovery to get their footage and then left.
        Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
        sigpic
        Donate

Comment

Though the press release says the CM is back, they only filled up the boat once and headed home. Rumor has it they fished only enough for Discovery to get their footage and then left.
          I am guessing they are going to try and just do the minimum needed to make money and get Josh and Jake the experience they need. No use risking a bad season killing the CM ya know.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
            Awesome. Elliot Neese sounds familiar. Has he been on the show before either as a captain or deckhand?
            Should have named his boat "Untouchable".

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              I am guessing they are going to try and just do the minimum needed to make money and get Josh and Jake the experience they need. No use risking a bad season killing the CM ya know.
              I'm going to guess is that they lost all that experience and the people who hold those quotas shifted them to other boats...

I was watching Discovery's Gold mining show one weekend (marathon... hadn't seen a single episode until then) when I saw they had an "after the fact" episode I knew the claim owner was going to screw them now that they were on the gold... sure enough... he screwed them. I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happened to the CM... though that's just a guess. Its up to the quota holders to get their best deal and CM was probably still operating once they went to the quota system because Phil ran a hell of an operation.

I wouldn't doubt that they're building experience doing other things as well... but when $$$ are on the line you probably don't want to put that on inexperienced people.
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I could see Sig doing that, but no way the Hillstrandts would do that. You may be right though.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  I could see Sig doing that, but no way the Hillstrandts would do that. You may be right though.
                  If you are referring to my post.... note that I believe there's another few dozen boats out there. I think if any of the TV boats did that it would be low... but you could also say that's between the quota owner and them.
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Didnt see this thread, should be an intersting season.

Comment

Seeing the most recent ad for the show it looks like Bering Sea fishermen have their own version of the 1000 yard stare.

Comment

So yeah...like 6 hours to the premiere. Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                          So yeah...like 6 hours to the premiere. Can't wait.
                          And it's a 2-hour premier to boot. Can't remember if that's always been the case. I wonder if this will be the least season, particularly with the increasing amount of off-show drama over the last couple years.
                          Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                          sigpic
                          Donate

Comment

And it's a 2-hour premier to boot. Can't remember if that's always been the case. I wonder if this will be the least season, particularly with the increasing amount of off-show drama over the last couple years.
                            The two-hour premiere is a first. Usually Discovery will air a regular episode followed by "After the Catch" as a combo in May/June but I don't think they've ever had a 2-hour episode before.

Comment

I was able to get a little dirt from a friend of Russel's (he was at a show I worked) so I am excited to see if it was true or not
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                              X