Deadliest Catch - Season 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Deadliest Catch - Season 7

Derrick really had no chance to succeed. Too bad.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Jake ought to be thankful he's on a crab boat to begin with. He shouldn't be anywhere near the wheelhouse at this point in the game.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        Yeah, but he's easily outperforming everyone else.
        I would have thought there would have been something along the lines of "that's my call not yours"... I'm surprised he let him go that long

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
        I feel sorry for Derrick on the Cornelia Marie. I feel like he is probably a really good captain and can normally catch the crab. But this just wasnt his time. The deck was probably stacked against him from the get go too. I think Josh was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but Jake I feel almost wanted him to fail from the get go.
        Jake thinks he's bigger than he is... but Derrick wasn't exactly handling that the best either. Its a strange situation for sure. Josh is doing what I'd do... he has to take the long view... so he's mentally a step away. I wish Josh would say something to Jake though... for all i know he does and we don't see it. In the end though, they have a cost to deal with... and it seems like they weren't ready to go on a full gamble for blue crab.

IMO... in a perfect world Josh would buy out Jake but Derrick wasn't walking onto just another boat where he could get guys to conform to him but rather walking into a fully developed family.
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Jake is so doped up it's not even funny.
          I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

From the Discovery Channel:

The Tuesday, May 17 9PM ET/PT episode of Discovery Channel's DEADLIEST CATCH, Exit Wounds earned a 2.19 HH / 2.00 P25-54 AA%, delivering 3.19 million viewers P2+. The series was the #1 primetime cable telecast among P/M/W25-54 and P2+ (excluding the NBA playoffs on ESPN) for the sixth week in a row. This also marks the 3rd consecutive evening of # 1 primetime programs among Men for the network with successful telecasts of KILLING BIN LADEN on Sunday night and AMERICAN CHOPPER: SENIOR vs. JUNIOR on Monday night.

DEADLIEST CATCH continues to out-deliver several broadcast programs for Tuesday 5/17/11 prime among Men 25-54 including The Biggest Loser (NBC), Dancing with the Stars (ABC), Raising Hope (FOX).

Driven by the strong performances from the series, Discovery was second only to ESPN (hosting the NBA Playoffs) with #2 primetime cable network for P/M25-54, P/M18-49 and M18-49 ratings and delivery.

DEADLIEST CATCH reaches a fever pitch next week with accusations and recriminations and investigations as Cornelia Marie Captain Derrick Ray faces off with Phil Harris' sons Josh and Jake, in an all new episode Tuesday, May 24 at 9PM ET/PT.

For more information and to screen next week's episode, please visit press.discovery.com.

Comment

Cops Called by Cornelia Marie skipper

It’s been a tension-filled season of Deadliest Catch thanks to the low crab count and high stakes on the Cornelia Marie. Fans have been watching Capt. Derrick Ray clash with late skipper Phil Harris’ sons Josh and Jake, who are now partial owners of the boat as well as deckhands, since before the ship left the dock, and it all comes to a head in Tuesday’s episode (Discovery, 9 p.m. ET). The crew threatens to call an abrupt end to king crab season because Ray isn’t filling the tanks with the elusive blue crab, and Ray, convinced he’s smelled marijuana on Jake, searches for and finds pot paraphernalia in the engine room and has a cop waiting to question Jake — who denies he’s been smoking weed — when they hit land to off load. Watch a clip below.

Explaining his decision to phone the authorities, Ray tells EW he did it because he has a captain’s license, which means he could be criminally punished for problems on his boat, and the law is zero tolerance — the Cornelia Marie could be seized. “I thought, ‘How am I gonna try to get this kid to wake up, to understand that the law is zero tolerance?” Ray says. “Drugs are not allowed on boats. You have a partner. I stood there and I thought, ‘You know what, I’m just gonna call the cops.’ The only thing I can do is give ‘em the paraphernalia that I found and that’s that. It was just to try to make a frickin’ point, to get the kid to snap the hell out of it. I’ve been fishing my whole life. Have I seen lots of marijuana smoked on boats? Yes. Back 20 years ago, there was no zero tolerance. Today the laws are different. You have to act differently and carry yourself differently.”
              More at link, including a clip of tonight's show.

Comment

There's some hellacious opening music.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Jake, you arent doing yourself any favors here.

Comment

No, that was just about the worst way to handle things, short of taking off on a dead sprint.

It's either Josh takes that ship over, or bust. Frankly, I'm not sure where I'd put my money.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Gee, I wonder who else is involved here.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        Gee, I wonder who else is involved here.
                        I wonder if the engineer isn't actually the one to blame... only because he seems like it... but the kid... really.

----

IMO, from what we saw on TV... Derick didn't do himself many favors either. I have to wonder what happens for Opilio season.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                          I wonder if the engineer isn't actually the one to blame...
                          Ding ding ding. That's my guess. You gotta wonder why they took off for a couple hours in the first episode.

The only one that could possibly surprise me is Freddy.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                            Jake, you arent doing yourself any favors here.
                            Might as well just put on a sign that says guilty

Comment

I read an interesting interview with Derrick the other day. The way he told it the boys where there simply to make good tv and that crabbing was not the primary reason. Honestly it wouldnt suprise me if they were pressured from the producers to make a trip because thats what people wanted to see. Its all a big mess.

Derrick didnt make himself any friends but I also think he did the right thing in the long run. He cant allow that to happen on a ship that he is captaining.

Part of me wouldnt be suprised to see Cornelia buy out the boys (I dont see Jake putting up a huge fight) in the near future and just get a new captain and crew. The legacy of the Harris clan may have died with Captain Phil.

Edit: Agree that the engineer was at least involved. But with Jakes actions I cant believe he was not involved as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                Ding ding ding. That's my guess. You gotta wonder why they took off for a couple hours in the first episode.

The only one that could possibly surprise me is Freddy.
                                Its just the stupidity of it all... the easiest way to make it through the trip... keep that stuff off of the boat. Jake just has an unheard of level of entitlement... he sees nothing wrong with smart talking his way through stuff and manipulating people. The only reason he has a leg to stand on is 'cause he owns 1/8th of that boat.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Working...
                                X