2011 Minnesota Twins: Yoshi, Pavario, and Big Jim's Quest for 600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott W View Post
    That was a much needed game for the Twins. A lot of hitting, good starting pitching, and hopefully Nathan gaining some confidence with a 1-2-3 inning.
    They need to have a homestand here that they can string a few wins together, get their confidence back, get healthy, and get things rolling for the rest of the year.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Re: 2011 Minnesota Twins: Yoshi, Pavario, and Big Jim's Quest for 600

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
      They need to have a homestand here that they can string a few wins together, get their confidence back, get healthy, and get things rolling for the rest of the year.
      well, there's a 3 game winning streak now for the Twins. Took two of two from the divison leaders. let's hope this is the confidence they've been looking for, they can finish April around .500, and get the ball rolling from there.

Nice to see my boy Justin Morneau starting to hit the ball. Another 2 RBI hit today, this time a vintage double.
      AF 99

Comment

Loved watching Thome go for 2nd on the line drive to right.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          That's Twins Baseball.

So an interesting fact for everyone..the last time the Twins started 4-9, was the year 1991...

i'm not sayin', just sayin'.
          AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            I thought they were going to have to wheel the oxygen tank out there for him on that one.

Comment

The Twins moved their record to 0-4 last night when I'm at Target Field.

What a lovely night for a ball game...
              04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
              USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
              I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
              Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
              I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

• Originally posted by ajoyce02 View Post
                The Twins moved their record to 0-4 last night when I'm at Target Field.

What a lovely night for a ball game...
                How was the snow? it looked kind of cool from the warmth of my couch you need to stop going to games aj!
                AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                  How was the snow? it looked kind of cool from the warmth of my couch you need to stop going to games aj!
                  I told people in the Twins threads last season, start up a collection to keep me away from Target Field. Haven't seen a dime...

I told my dad, I wasn't sure if I should be looking out for baseballs or deer, felt like sitting in my stand on the first weekend of November. We had bad *** seats though, so it was worth it to sit through a little snow. The guy in front of us looked like he had Parkinsons he was shaking so bad. Gal next to him gave him some hand warmers and my dad offered his gloves.
                  04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
                  USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
                  I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
                  Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
                  I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

• Originally posted by ajoyce02 View Post
                    I told people in the Twins threads last season, start up a collection to keep me away from Target Field. Haven't seen a dime...

I told my dad, I wasn't sure if I should be looking out for baseballs or deer, felt like sitting in my stand on the first weekend of November. We had bad *** seats though, so it was worth it to sit through a little snow. The guy in front of us looked like he had Parkinsons he was shaking so bad. Gal next to him gave him some hand warmers and my dad offered his gloves.
                    That was nice of you. If you dress right and prepare for the cold, it's not really bad. It was more like football weather!
                    AF 99

Comment

So, the Twins? Not so great.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        So, the Twins? Not so great.
                        Let's see, in the past we've prided ourselves on pitching and smallball. We're failing at both of those. Hardcore. Used to be our bullpen was one of the best overall (not just one person, the bullpen as a whole: remember when the saying was: get us to the 6th with a lead, then we're golden?).

I dunno if it's scouting (failed impressions on the youngsters that are now playing), coaching, or just the players *ing up.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Let's see, in the past we've prided ourselves on pitching and smallball. We're failing at both of those. Hardcore.
                          Disagree. They've done a great job at turning Kubel into an opposite field singles hitter. Super valuable when no one around him can get their bat on the ball, and there's nobody else on the roster that can hit the ball out of the infield.

The highlight of the day for me was the world's biggest homer Dick Bremer expressing concern that if Nick Blackburn couldn't handle the cold today, how would he fare in a World Series game in late-October? You can't make that stuff up.
                          Originally posted by dicaslover
                          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

They are just godawful.
                            St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                              Disagree. They've done a great job at turning Kubel into an opposite field singles hitter. Super valuable when no one around him can get their bat on the ball, and there's nobody else on the roster that can hit the ball out of the infield.

The highlight of the day for me was the world's second biggest homer Dick Bremer expressing concern that if Nick Blackburn couldn't handle the cold today, how would he fare in a World Series game in late-October? You can't make that stuff up.
                              FYP, can't disrespect the Hawk!

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                                The highlight of the day for me was the world's biggest homer Dick Bremer expressing concern that if Nick Blackburn couldn't handle the cold today, how would he fare in a World Series game in late-October? You can't make that stuff up.
                                No way! He would never do that! I want to hear this.
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X