Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Yankees 2011: In the offseason we got Soriano.....AND Andruw Jones!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New York Yankees 2011: In the offseason we got Soriano.....AND Andruw Jones!

fun fact: gerrit cole is projected to potentially go #1 overall in the draft. I guess his decision to go college instead of signing with the Yankees in 2008 paid off.
    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Re: New York Yankees 2011: In the offseason we got Soriano.....AND Andruw Jones!

Not saying you guys need him, but was there any hesitation in letting aceves go?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Not saying you guys need him, but was there any hesitation in letting aceves go?
        Cashman has said no. The report they got from Dr. Ahmad (Yanks team doctor) wasn't very good about Aceves' back and the Yankees have unbelievable pitching depth at the upper levels. Both Cashman and Mark Newman said that they already have a numbers crunch at the Double-A and Triple-A levels in terms of getting pitchers innings so keeping Aceves would have pushed someone back to the minors, or eaten up a spot for relievers in Triple-A. I think the Yankees were fortunate to have pitchers such as Lance Pendelton and Hector Noesi who had no major league experience, but are pitching wonderfully.

Comment

I do indeed hate the Yankees, but Derek Jeter has always been a class act. Congratulations on his hitting #3000 today!
          PAUL THOMPSON FOR HOBEY!www.thompsonforhobey.com

Vote for Hope and Change in 2010!

Comment

Originally posted by gregg729 View Post
            I do indeed hate the Yankees, but Derek Jeter has always been a class act. Congratulations on his hitting #3000 today!
            This.
            Twitter: DanMountSports
            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by gregg729 View Post
              I'm not a Yanks fan either, but for the Captain to hit a homer for 3K and go 5-5 on a perfect Saturday afternoon at Yankee Stadium - c'mon, that's a movie script!

Speaking of class, kudos should go to Christian Lopez, who caught the ball and later gave it to Jeter, and to the Yankees as well.

“I was taking a picture, and next thing you know I look in the air,” Lopez said. “My dad dove and missed it, because he has awful hands. I saw it roll in front of me, so I jumped on it. It was just instinct. I thought ‘Wow! This is it! This is my chance!” Lopez and the piece of history, were quickly taken away by security to the negotiating table. But to the surprise of many, Lopez wanted nothing in return for the ball.

Although Lopez insisted he wanted nothing in return for the ball, the Yankees provided him with four seats in a Yankee Stadium suite for the rest of the season which includes the playoffs and World Series.
              Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                I'm not a Yanks fan either, but for the Captain to hit a homer for 3K and go 5-5 on a perfect Saturday afternoon at Yankee Stadium - c'mon, that's a movie script!

Speaking of class, kudos should go to Christian Lopez, who caught the ball and later gave it to Jeter, and to the Yankees as well.
                A "class" fan and a "class" ball player. Unlike Doug Mientkiewicz who refused to give the ball up when the Red Sox won their World Series in 2004.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                  A "class" fan and a "class" ball player. Unlike Doug Mientkiewicz who refused to give the ball up when the Red Sox won their World Series in 2004.
                  Well, c'mon -- what would you expect from a Sawx?
                  Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                    Well, c'mon -- what would you expect from a Sawx?
                    Now, that's hilarious.

Comment

LA seeks permission to talk with NYY

angels are looking into the yankees front office for their open GM role.. losing oppenheimer would be a big loss as he has been the key to turning around the farm system via the draft. of course if i was a red sox fan i would say 'OMG MAYBE WE CAN GET MIKE TROUT AS COMPENSATION OR MAYBE WE CAN MAKE THEM TAKE AROD'S CONTRACT!!!'

but i wont

because ID SETTLE FOR THEM TAKING BURNETT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Working...
                      X