X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
    But what's her face started PP and she was A, B, and C and why the **** are you discussing this with Bob again?
    Everything old is new again.

And the name of the person you are thinking of is Mrs. Adolf Hitler, duh.

*****http://theendlessnight.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Eva-Braun.jpg******
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
      But they always claim that PP's main purpose is prenatal health and all, not abortions. They can't have it both ways.
      [/URL]
      No, the claim is that 97% of what planned parenthood does is not abortions. Which is true, because planned parenthood wants you in there before you ever get pregnant.

If you're already pregnant, then your numbers are probably right. Because you don't need to go to PP in most states for pre-natal care (Iowa's Hawkeye program provides extremely good prenatal care for low-income mothers-to-be, for instance), and there are far better places to go than PP for adoption services.

But that ignores the fact that most people goto PP before they ever get pregnant (hence that whole planning for parenthood thing in the name).

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        No way Jose, you pivoted in the middle, going from "abortion vs adoption" to "abortion vs pre-natal care." Two very, very different comparisons. To say that PP's lack of adoption referrals in some way impacts their record of pre-natal care is like saying an ear, nose and throat doctor doesn't actually treat tonsils because he rarely makes a referral to a foot doctor.
        No pivot, you just missed where my comments went. I wasn't inferring that their lack of adoptions means they don't do other prenatal stuff or anything like that. But, I was just responding to your comment that people go to PP for abortions, indicating that's one of their main purposes or that's what people think of to to there for, as compared to almost nil activity at PP regarding adoption. Either one of their main functions is providing abortions or it isn't. And the numbers clearly show that they don't promote adoption as an alternative, or at least do so grossly ineffectively.
        Originally posted by Priceless
        Good to see you're so reasonable.
        Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
        Very well, said.
        Originally posted by Rover
        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

And the numbers clearly show that they don't promote adoption as an alternative, or at least do so grossly ineffectively.
          No, the numbers show that people who are already pregnant don't go to PP for adoption services. Which, consdiering how few places provide such services, is not surprising in the least.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            No, the numbers show that people who are already pregnant don't go to PP for adoption services. Which, consdiering how few places provide such services, is not surprising in the least.
            You really think that if they presented adoption as a good, viable option to all the women coming in the door, even those who lean toward abortion, that only one in 400 would go toward adoption? Yes, as noted previously, you have a very active imagination, or else are simply avoiding inconvenient truths.

But this is coming from a guy who is advocating forcing people to be told things in church as somehow being equivalent to people freely accepting the offer of an ultrasound.
            Very well, said.
            A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

No, the numbers show that people who are already pregnant don't go to PP for adoption services.
              There are so few people who go to the supermarket to buy shoes.

Comment

But this is coming from a guy who is advocating forcing people to be told things in church as somehow being equivalent to people freely accepting the offer of an ultrasound.
                Right, because there's no reason for anyone to miscontrue your initial post as obfuscating the current GOP policy position that such ultrasounds be mandatory, not voluntary...oh wait, at least 3 people in this thread did exactly that.

Comeon, who's being obtuse now?

Edit: Also, i was being intentionally over the top in my scenario, to prove the absurdity of the GOP's position. It's called an analogy, Bob. Doesn't mean I actually was advocating for it.
                Last edited by unofan; 05-13-2011, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Right, because there's no reason for anyone to miscontrue your initial post as obfuscating the current GOP policy position that such ultrasounds be mandatory, not voluntary...oh wait, at least 3 people in this thread did exactly that.

Comeon, who's being obtuse now?

Edit: Also, i was being intentionally over the top in my scenario, to prove the absurdity of the GOP's position. It's called an analogy, Bob. Doesn't mean I actually was advocating for it.
                  I can't help it that sometimes people read something into a post that's not there. I struggle with that problem regularly with you.

In case you haven't noticed, you're arguing against a position I haven't taken and have explained so several times. But, keep right at it if that's what you enjoy.
                  Very well, said.
                  A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

You really think that if they presented adoption as a good, viable option to all the women coming in the door, even those who lean toward abortion, that only one in 400 would go toward adoption? Yes, as noted previously, you have a very active imagination, or else are simply avoiding inconvenient truths.

Do you think the person walking in the door hasn't considered an adoption? Do you think they also considered that it would be a pretty harsh burden to carry the fetus to term, not to mention potential health risks and expenses incurred, all so that when the baby is finally delivered she can go through the emotional trauma of having it taken away from her? And again, 1 in 400 is your number. Based on the wikipedia article, it's 1 in 340 and again, that doesn't count the numerous people who go to Planned Parenthood so that they don't get pregnant in the first place.

No one is pro-abortion. There aren't protesters hanging around outside maternity wards screaming at the women that go inside and no one is blowing up fertility clinics or shooting fertility doctors in the head. The philosophy was best espoused a few years ago: the practice should be safe, legal and rare. It's endlessly amusing to me that by and large, the people most vocal about abortion are also the same people who are for abstinence only, against birth control but think programs like WIC should be cut so we can build more tanks and planes.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                      The bastages.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Yah, it's pretty ****ing of PP that people don't even think they'd consider trying to put babies up for adoption before aborting them. Good catch.
                        Very well, said.
                        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Yah, it's pretty ****ing of PP that people don't even think they'd consider trying to put babies up for adoption before aborting them. Good catch.
                          Do you go to a car wash to get a hamburger? If I was in a position to make that decision, I would be inclined to seek the services of an organization that is well known for adoption services. When I needed brain surgery I went to a neurologist, not an OB/GYN.

Comment

{nervous} Does Target count? {/nervous}
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

No one is pro-abortion.
                              Wrong!

Kepler, it counts if it's a Super Target.

Comment

Do you go to a car wash to get a hamburger? If I was in a position to make that decision, I would be inclined to seek the services of an organization that is well known for adoption services. When I needed brain surgery I went to a neurologist, not an OB/GYN.
                                New marketing idea - Jiffy Lube attached to a McDonalds. So while you wait to get a lube job, you can get a quick bite to eat. Plus the old oil can be recycled into the other store....
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X