X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
    You go on ignore, the first person I've put there in a number of years. You just have never had anything of substance to say, and I'm tired of you following me from thread to thread, attacking me without justification.
    So it'll be just like before, except you won't outright state that you won't answer simple questions.

Comment

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to listen, does it make a noise?

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to listen, does it make a noise?
        It disturbs molecules. If "noise" is the excitation of aural sense organs in response, then by your description, no.

There are profound antinomies, but that aint one of them.

*****http://www.whyfaith.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/bartclapping.gif******
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
          Do you really think I'm going to get into a serious discussion if this issue in here...
          Then why post in political threads period?

Comment

So he can tell us how childish and immature we are...DUH!
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

How'd we miss this little gem of amusement two weeks ago

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...KbjD_blog.html

All but 16 Democrats vote present on a more extreme budget than Ryan's, forcing 120 Republicans to vote against their own budget to kill it.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

With our economy how it is, it's important that tax dollars are spent so that the horrible, just horrible, invasions of privacy such as this does not go on.

http://www.npr.org/2011/05/07/136063...-on-gun-safety

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
                  With our economy how it is, it's important that tax dollars are spent so that the horrible, just horrible, invasions of privacy such as this does not go on.

How is that even Constitutional? I suppose if they're government doctors, then maybe...otherwise, something about the doctors' rights to freedom of speech comes to mind. The 2nd Amendment isn't even in play.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    How is that even Constitutional? I suppose if they're government doctors, then maybe...otherwise, something about the doctors' rights to freedom of speech comes to mind. The 2nd Amendment isn't even in play.
                    Thomas Jefferson has to be rolling over right now.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      *****http://www.itusozluk.com/img.php/fb6fff4200578cf7110c7db70cc1377626755/they%20took%20our%20jobs******
                      They're taking our jobs! guns!

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post

What if I have an adolescent who's been bullied, who's not suicidal? I don't think, under the current bill, I'm entitled to ask him if there's a gun in the home, or if he's carried a gun to school, or if he's thinking of harming someone else with a gun.

- Dr. Paul Robinson
                        Yep. The World is just getting better and better.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_major View Post
                          james madison has to be rolling over right now.
                          fyq

Comment

They're coming after Olympia already.

Maine Republican Senate candidate Scott D’Amboise, who is challenging sitting Republican Sen. Olympia Snowe in the upcoming 2012 primary, called on Snowe to resign from her seat immediately.

D’Amboise issued a statement Tuesday morning calling on Snowe to resign after the U.S. Department of Justice joined a lawsuit against Education Management Corporation (EDMC), a company that has employed her husband, former Maine Gov. John McKernan, for the past 12 years. The suit alleges that EDMC had defrauded the government of financial aid funding.*

D’Amboise said Snowe has “directly benefited” from her husband’s financial activity, which he describes as, “defrauding of taxpayers, pocketing millions of dollars – millions of our hard earned tax dollars.” D’Amboise also said Snowe “became a millionaire with our money.”

“Olympia Snowe owes us two things – an explanation and a letter of resignation. Instead, she is in holed up in her ornate Washington, D.C. office refusing to explain what she knew and when she knew it,” D’Amboise said in his statement. “How can your spouse bring in millions of dollars without asking him how he was making all that money? Olympia is a smart lady. She had to know something was fishy about how her husband was doing business.”

D’Amboise, who considers himself a representative of the Tea Party movement, announced his official candidacy to challenge Snowe in the 2012 GOP primary in February 2010.
                            Link

Comment

Meh. Snowe will swat that guy like a fly.

Re: the story - it wouldn't be the first time Snowe and McKernan have screwed over Mainers. Folks who were familiar with Hathaway in Waterville will know what I'm talking about.
                              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                                Meh. Snowe will swat that guy like a fly.

Re: the story - it wouldn't be the first time Snowe and McKernan have screwed over Mainers. Folks who were familiar with Hathaway in Waterville will know what I'm talking about.
                                Left alone she might have decided to hang it up and not run in 2012. Now there's no way she's going to risk this little worm getting her seat.

Comment

Working...
                                X