X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
    Stewart is really, really effective on first responders. I've never seen so many professional pols look so uncomfortable as they did on Stewart's show the last time he took up the issue.
    Nothing beat when he had the actual First Responders on the show to explain what they were dealing with. He gets so emotional about this subject...he is their best advocate. (along with Denis Leary who raises tons of money for the cause)

It amazes me that it has been 9 years and they still have to fight to get some medical help. Christ I will donate to the cause if needed, add a ten dollar tax, I dont give a crap this is disgusting. What kind of a country are we that we not only ignore the needs of those that risked their life at our darkest hour, but we twist the knife by telling them we think they might be terrorists. Everyone who voted yes to this amendment, and voted against the help for the past 9 years should stand in a room with the First Responders and tell them to their face why they mean less than than everyone else. Then the door should be locked and the First Responders should be allowed to show the pols how they really feel.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
      How horrible that companies are required to live up to standards.

You miss that part? Then again you probably didn't care that they were being hypocritical and violating their contract. And nevermind that DOMA itself is an agenda driven policy.

Why don't you just crawl back into whatever hole you crawled out of?
      Some of us appreciate our freedom. Then there is you apparently.
      Originally posted by Priceless
      Good to see you're so reasonable.
      Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
      Very well, said.
      Originally posted by Rover
      A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
        As clearly the case, the guy who was going to do it is free to move to another firm that wants to do it.

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2011/04/25/...nt-drops-firm/

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          What kind of a country are we that we not only ignore the needs of those that risked their life at our darkest hour, but we twist the knife by telling them we think they might be terrorists.
          We're the kind of a nation that spawned a movement that made an animal like this a best-selling author. Really, what would you expect?
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
            As clearly the case, the guy who was going to do it is free to move to another firm that wants to do it.

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2011/04/25/...nt-drops-firm/
            Yah, that's part of the story. At least one person in that firm (or was in that firm is now the apt term) has some substance.
            Very well, said.
            A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Yeah, gay people don't need any though.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Yeah, gay people don't need any though.
                I disagree with this very negative sentiment of yours.
                Very well, said.
                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

I disagree with this very negative sentiment of yours.
                  You talk about appreciating freedom...but then you are ok with trying to limit other people's freedom. Why else would you be siding with DOMA?

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                    You talk about appreciating freedom...but then you are ok with trying to limit other people's freedom. Why else would you be siding with DOMA?
                    People need to get the record straight on DOMA. All it does is say if one state marries a gay couple another state can't be forced to recognize it. It doesn't outlaw gay marriage.

For those that are up-in-arms about gays not being able to marry as a violation of equal protection I just hope that you are as outraged about the rich paying a higher percentage taxes. Clearly they aren't being treated equally either.

**Of course equal protection actual says that people in the same circumstances have to be treated the same. Gay people can marry someone of the opposite sex and all people earning a high income are taxed at the same higher rate. If you want to change that you're going to have to change the law, not just get some justice to bend the rules.
                    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." - Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Originally posted by MinnFan View Post
                      People need to get the record straight on DOMA. All it does is say if one state marries a gay couple another state can't be forced to recognize it. It doesn't outlaw gay marriage.

For those that are up-in-arms about gays not being able to marry as a violation of equal protection I just hope that you are as outraged about the rich paying a higher percentage taxes. Clearly they aren't being treated equally either.

**Of course equal protection actual says that people in the same circumstances have to be treated the same. Gay people can marry someone of the opposite sex and all people earning a high income are taxed at the same higher rate. If you want to change that you're going to have to change the law, not just get some justice to bend the rules.
                      Stop the logical talk. We're all baddies if we don't adjust our society every which way certain people want it to be adjusted.
                      Very well, said.
                      A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnFan View Post

The rich are the ones that don't want a straight percentage. If they really wanted it it would pass in a heartbeat. Between Capital Gains being less and payroll taxes ending at ~100,000 the rich are getting a sweetheart deal.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The rich are the ones that don't want a straight percentage. If they really wanted it it would pass in a heartbeat. Between Capital Gains being less and payroll taxes ending at ~100,000 the rich are getting a sweetheart deal.
                          Whoosh.
                          Very well, said.
                          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

*****http://i.imgur.com/1KAxQ.jpg******
                            Old Monster Records

Comment

Whoosh.
                              Whooosh nothing. Every unrelated topic he starts his whine about how the rich is getting screwed by tax policy. And I call him on it every time. It's the biggest lie and falsehood ever perpetrated by the right.

As for gay marriage it's a foregone conclusion that it will happen. Every poll says so. I don't know if you have kids but if you do ask them what they're opinion is about it. I live in one of the most Republican leaning districts in Minnesota and my daughter tells me that as far as she knows all her classmates are pro gay marriage.

Comment

Whooosh nothing. Every unrelated topic he starts his whine about how the rich is getting screwed by tax policy. And I call him on it every time. It's the biggest lie and falsehood ever perpetrated by the right.

As for gay marriage it's a foregone conclusion that it will happen. Every poll says so. I don't know if you have kids but if you do ask them what they're opinion is about it. I live in one of the most Republican leaning districts in Minnesota and my daughter tells me that as far as she knows all her classmates are pro gay marriage.
                                I'd whoosh you again, but I don't want to send you into full meltdown.

I don't take positions on issues based upon their future popularity or unpopularity. I recognize not all people, apparently including you, take my approach.
                                Very well, said.
                                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Working...
                                X