This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

According to a friend of mine who was a nutrition major at Cornell, a Frito-Lay executive gave them this advice in a guest lecture: "If you want to make money in the food industry, whenever you can, sell air. If you can't sell air, sell salt. And if you can't sell salt, sell water."

Probably sound advice, unfortunately.
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
      According to a friend of mine who was a nutrition major at Cornell, a Frito-Lay executive gave them this advice in a guest lecture: "If you want to make money in the food industry, whenever you can, sell air. If you can't sell air, sell salt. And if you can't sell salt, sell water."

Probably sound advice, unfortunately.
      Yeah, it's crazy how much the water industry makes when the stuff out of the tap isn't really that much different.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

It makes me laugh that people pay $3 for bottled water. I mean I can understand if you lived in a third world country it makes sense but in an industrialized country? It is the biggest scam on Earth!
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          It makes me laugh that people pay $3 for bottled water. I mean I can understand if you lived in a third world country it makes sense but in an industrialized country? It is the biggest scam on Earth!
          The only time I do is if I want to carry around water and don't have a bottle already. I sometimes forget to bring a bottle when I go to the gym. Otherwise I have a Camelbak or other bottle I bring to work where we have Culligan or something like that and I have a dispenser on my fridge. No reason to buy bottles.

I've been told that Minneapolis, MN, has the same water filtration that Dasani has...Dasani doesn't have the smell though...

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            $3 is a small price to pay to avoid fluorinated water that will give the UN shock troops access to your mind.
            I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

If you want to see the bottled water industry, come to Poland Springs in Maine. I'm not sure any of it comes out of a spring, they negotiate with towns for the rights to the water, their is a non stop parade of Stainless tankers on RTE 26 carrying the well water to their several bottling plants, its really unreal as too many wells and how many tractor trailers carry the water around the plants. Million and millions of gallons every day get bottled.
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

There are loads of other ways to sell water than just in bottle form, too - soft drinks, "fruit" punch, etc.
                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                  $3 is a small price to pay to avoid fluorinated water that will give the UN shock troops access to your mind.
                  Don't kid yourself. Obama's in your bottled water, too.

*****http://simmerdown3.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/white-slavery.jpg******
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    ADM doesn't like you, they want it called corn sugar, much healthier for you than that crappy High Fructose Corn Syrup
                    How about Monsanto co (MON) with GE (genetically engineered) seed. Gross Margins of 48% ... And farmers were complaining about cross-pollination from Franken seeds and getting sued (2691 farmers). It's time to stop (corn) ethanol subsidy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsanto
                    "Monsanto should not have to vouchsafe the safety of biotech food. Our interest is in selling as much of it as possible. Assuring its safety is FDA's job
                    Much of Monsanto's seed products are specifically genetically modified, to make them resistant to Monsanto produced agricultural chemicals, such as "Round Up" herbicide
                    The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) has approved plantings of three genetically engineered (GE) crops in as many weeks, including Monsanto Co.'s Roundup Ready sugar beets and alfalfa that are engineered to tolerate Roundup Ready weed-killing herbicide. The USDA on February 11 also legalized, without restriction, the world's first GE corn crop meant for biofuel production. Biotech giant Syngenta's Event 3272 seed corn will simplify ethanol production and is not meant to feed animals or humans.
                    http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/...e-undemocratic
                    What�s wrong with having a few corporations control virtually every aspect of our sustenance? Far from abstract, the genetic and proprietary control of our diets by a handful of companies (Monsanto, DuPont, and Syngenta combined own an astounding 47 percent of the global seed market) directly robs consumers and farmers of the most basic right to choose what they will eat and grow.
                    http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/...25765020100108
                    DuPont estimates through its branded products and licensing, Monsanto has 98 percent of the U.S. soybean market and 79 percent of the corn market, along with 60 percent of the corn and soy germplasm licensed in the U.S.

"The ag biotech trait market is firmly in the grip of a single supplier, acting as a bottleneck to competition and choice... it also threatens the global goals for agriculture in the 21st Century doubling the world's food supply by 2050," the DuPont report states.

Officials with St. Louis, Missouri-based Monsanto declined to comment but last month filed its own report with USDA and the Justice Department denying anti-competitive conduct.

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                      There are loads of other ways to sell water than just in bottle form, too - soft drinks, "fruit" punch, etc.
                      Yeah and it's a big market. plus you got people paying for (flavored) oxygen. Hmm I wonder if soda will taste better if you add smell (flavored gas)... Billion dollar idea?

Comment

Coming Soon:

Starting in Georgia....................

http://motherjones.com/blue-marble/2...enalty-georgia
                        Georgia State Rep. Bobby Franklin—who last year proposed making rape and domestic violence "victims" into "accusers"—has introduced a 10-page bill that would criminalize miscarriages and make abortion in Georgia completely illegal. Both miscarriages and abortions would be potentially punishable by death: any "prenatal murder" in the words of the bill, including "human involvement" in a miscarriage, would be a felony and carry a penalty of life in prison or death.
                        The bill contends that Georgia is exempt from upholding Supreme Court decisions like Roe v. Wade because the Constitution's Article I only governs five crimes: counterfeiting, piracy, high seas felonies, offenses against the law of nations, and treason. According to the bill, since murder is not one of those five crimes, it should be solely governed by the state.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Coming Soon:

Starting in Georgia....................

http://motherjones.com/blue-marble/2...enalty-georgia

This is from the bill;
                          Such term (prenatal murder) does not include a naturally occurring expulsion of a fetus known medically
                          as a 'spontaneous abortion' and popularly as a 'miscarriage' so long as there is no human
                          involvement whatsoever in the causation of such event.
                          So they lied about making a miscarriage a criminal act. The guy wants to ban abortions and prosecute those that perform them. Why don't they just say so? Why lie about it?
                          No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by thebrain View Post
                            I've been told that Minneapolis, MN, has the same water filtration that Dasani has...Dasani doesn't have the smell though...

I had to inspect the aquafina plant in Detroit once. It's tap water from the city treatment plant. They further filter it, reverse osmosis, and then ozonate to kill the smell. I think they bottle flavored water there too. Maybe it was Gatorade or Powerade.
                            No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                              There is nothing wrong with letting them read your mind...unless you have something to hide!!!!!11!!!!
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                                I know we're officially out of serious problems when we're worrying about people getting too many calories.
                                you don't think the obesity and type 2 diabetes epidemic are serious? This is costing tax payers billions of dollars a year and is totally out of control. Middle school kids should not be getting high blood pressure and diabetes.

Comment

Working...
                                X