Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

    Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

    Add that many of the schools are feeding kids the free lunches that are a teaching lesson for an early heart attack. Can't speak for what others have in their area but a typical lunch week here is fried meat, french fries, corn/ or/ pasta, sauce, bread and butter/or/ hot dog, fries, corn/ or tacos, corn, french fries/ or pizza/ or/ french toast or pancakes, sausage. Milk- chocolate, strawberry or regular. This would be a offering for lunches in one week. Once in awhile they have salad with iceburg lettuce and maybe a tomato, rarely cooked carrots. No green veggies at all, no grilled meats, fish is always fried and breaded, 2 starches, fried meat, lots of breads. Then no PE class, no recess because we need the academic time. Yep, those stupid fat people.
    Other than the lettuce(iceberg, what a nutririon bonanza) its all processed food. Heck the kids couldn't prononce half the ingredients on the labels
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

    Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

    Comment


    • Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

      Originally posted by walrus View Post
      You need to start reading labels, Morton Table salt has sugar in it. Processed food is a definite issue as is exercise. Funny the folks I know that don't eat that crap aren't fat and yet they are hardly marathoners.
      And? I know plenty of people who aren't fat that eat all sorts of processed food. You are absolutely confusing the cause and effect. People who specifically avoid eating non-processed food are going to be healthier in general because they are going to be more conscious. I used to eat a ton of processed food back in high school and college. Didn't start catching up to me until I added booze into the mix.

      Not eating processed food doesn't guarantee you are going to be skinny. It's a boogeyman made up by people who don't understand chemistry. Just because you can't pronounce it doesn't mean it's bad. Cripes, if people started listing out exactly what "chemicals" *BOO* are instead of the user friendly names we'd never eat again.

      Shredded cheese is processed food. All milk purchased in a grocery store is processed. Nearly all juices, including vegetable juice is processed. Granola? Processed.

      The only things that aren't processed are fresh fruits and vegetables and meat you go out, shoot, and eat raw. It's not processed food that's the problem. It's people eating UNHEALTHY processed food that don't get so much as two minutes of exercise a day that's the problem.
      Last edited by dxmnkd316; 02-23-2011, 06:49 AM.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

      Comment


      • Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

        Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Shredded cheese is processed food. All milk purchased in a grocery store is processed. Nearly all juices, including vegetable juice is processed. Granola? Processed.
        yeah, homogonizing milk is technically processing but when people are complaning about processed foods they mostly mean things like prepared foods and snacks - these are foods that are loaded with salt, sugar, and fats. Most of the calories are from heavily processed soy or corn and they are calorie dense. Granola is also calorie dense and should be eaten in limited quantities, its better than a twinkie but not something you should base your diet on.

        Comment


        • Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

          Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          And? I know plenty of people who aren't fat that eat all sorts of processed food. You are absolutely confusing the cause and effect. People who specifically avoid eating non-processed food are going to be healthier in general because they are going to be more conscious. I used to eat a ton of processed food back in high school and college. Didn't start catching up to me until I added booze into the mix.

          Not eating processed food doesn't guarantee you are going to be skinny. It's a boogeyman made up by people who don't understand chemistry. Just because you can't pronounce it doesn't mean it's bad. Cripes, if people started listing out exactly what "chemicals" *BOO* are instead of the user friendly names we'd never eat again.

          Shredded cheese is processed food. All milk purchased in a grocery store is processed. Nearly all juices, including vegetable juice is processed. Granola? Processed.

          The only things that aren't processed are fresh fruits and vegetables and meat you go out, shoot, and eat raw. It's not processed food that's the problem. It's people eating UNHEALTHY processed food that don't get so much as two minutes of exercise a day that's the problem.
          Eating processed food as a portion of your diet is different than eating a diet that consists only of the processed food. BassAle has it right. Those foods are very calorie dense. If you eat what would seem to be a regular portion of some of those foods you are eating close to the total calories/ fat/salt a kid might need for a day. (look at what a portion is. Sometimes you will be shocked. One cookie, half of the drink bottle, 10 potatoe chips) Unfortunately most people then eat 2 more of those servings a day and some snacks. The amount of exercise you need to do to get rid of the extra calories is ridiculous. Not to mention there is no nutrition in it.
          Last edited by leswp1; 02-23-2011, 07:36 AM.

          Comment


          • Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

            don't look now, but we have "begun the conversation". Michelle wins.
            I do think since taxpayers are feeding the kids lunch, and often breakfast, for 9 months out of the year, that we should go ahead and sink a little more into making sure it's actual food they're getting. But then I'm the one with kids in school, your objections are noted.
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

            Comment


            • Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

              I know we're officially out of serious problems when we're worrying about people getting too many calories.

              Here's a simple and cheap solution to the school lunch problem: serve sandwiches. Offer a banana or an apple for fruit and carrots w/ ranch dip (low fat if you're calorie conscious) for a vegetable. Honestly, a lot of adults eat stuff like this when they pack their own lunches and go to work, and I doubt you'll approach your daily limit for anything with a meal of this size.

              Comment


              • Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

                Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                I know we're officially out of serious problems when we're worrying about people getting too many calories.

                Here's a simple and cheap solution to the school lunch problem: serve sandwiches. Offer a banana or an apple for fruit and carrots w/ ranch dip (low fat if you're calorie conscious) for a vegetable. Honestly, a lot of adults eat stuff like this when they pack their own lunches and go to work, and I doubt you'll approach your daily limit for anything with a meal of this size.
                I agree. Most people do not eat a big lunch. I believe the reason the meals are not sandwiches is free school lunch is supposed to provide the main meal of the day. Some kids that is the only meal they get of consequence. I think they get food that is surplus or at cut rates that is mostly junk. Here we get stuff like smiley fries and at one point some sort of character hamburger.

                Comment


                • Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

                  Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Disagree. Stupid fatasses who don't get off the couch are killing America.
                  Eat in moderation, get some exercise, if you eat something "Bad" make sure you work it off.

                  For exercise, join a gym, run around your neighborhood, get some P90X going, walk around a lake, run up and down the stairs, or whatever you want, just do some activity 30 minutes a day.

                  Not everyone is going to be a model, or has the need to compensate by becoming a freaky muscle god, just know what you're eating, eat less fast food, eat more salads, do some sort of activity, and eat in moderation.

                  Comment


                  • Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

                    Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                    I know we're officially out of serious problems when we're worrying about people getting too many calories.

                    Here's a simple and cheap solution to the school lunch problem: serve sandwiches. Offer a banana or an apple for fruit and carrots w/ ranch dip (low fat if you're calorie conscious) for a vegetable. Honestly, a lot of adults eat stuff like this when they pack their own lunches and go to work, and I doubt you'll approach your daily limit for anything with a meal of this size.
                    Why do that when schools can sign contracts with McDonalds and Coke to provide for the kids? (like some do now)

                    The real boogeyman in all of this is the idea that being unhealthy is the same as being fat. You can be in your BMI and look great and still be ridiculously unhealthy. You eat a lot of preservatives and such crap and no matter whether you weigh 120lbs or 220lbs you are not healthy. Otherwise only fat people would have heart attacks or develop Type II diabetes.

                    Portions are the key, I took a health class at the U where we discussed the laws for "Heart Healthy", "Promotes Weight Loss" and "Low Cal" and it is such a joke. Basically if you just tweak the portion size you can lower the calories to a point that makes it "Low Cal". It can literally be the same food, in a a different portion and you are able to basically represent it as being healthier for you. Too many people ignore the portion size. Sure 160 calories for a serving of Doritos seems worth it, but usually that is for like 13 chips...how man of us can eat 13 chips?
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

                    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

                    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                    Comment


                    • Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

                      Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Sure 160 calories for a serving of Doritos seems worth it, but usually that is for like 13 chips...how many of us can eat 13 chips?
                      If the chips are big enough...
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                      Comment


                      • Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

                        Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Shredded cheese is processed food..
                        Read the ingredients in a package of shredded cheddar cheese, its a paragraph long. Its not necessarily the process its whats added in the process. If you don't think whats added is an issue, have at the hamburger helper, you'll look good eating it.

                        I bought some frozen Green Giant snow peas, didn't really look at the pkg until I got home,contents, peas, sugar. Why do I need sugar on peas that are already sweet?
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

                        Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Read the ingredients in a package of shredded cheddar cheese, its a paragraph long. Its not necessarily the process its whats added in the process. If you don't think whats added is an issue, have at the hamburger helper, you'll look good eating it.

                          I bought some frozen Green Giant snow peas, didn't really look at the pkg until I got home,contents, peas, sugar. Why do I need sugar on peas that are already sweet?
                          Because people need more sweet, more salt

                          Comment


                          • Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

                            Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Why do I need sugar on peas that are already sweet?
                            I lost interest in your post because it didn't have enough high-fructose corn syrup on it.

                            I am the market. Hear me belch.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                            Comment


                            • Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

                              Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              I lost interest in your post because it didn't have enough high-fructose corn syrup on it.

                              I am the market. Hear me belch.
                              ADM doesn't like you, they want it called corn sugar, much healthier for you than that crappy High Fructose Corn Syrup
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

                              Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

                              Comment


                              • Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

                                Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                ADM doesn't like you, they want it called corn sugar, much healthier for you than that crappy High Fructose Corn Syrup
                                ADM doesn't like me because I haven't watched The McLaughlin Group since Jack Germond left.

                                "Supermarket to the world" my ass.

                                At least 43 percent of ADM's annual profits are from products heavily subsidized or protected by the American government. Moreover, every $1 of profits earned by ADM's corn sweetener operation costs consumers $10, and every $1 of profits earned by its ethanol operation costs taxpayers $30."
                                Last edited by Kepler; 02-23-2011, 01:36 PM.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X