X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
    How stupid are people complaining about her by acting like she eats nothing but these kinds of foods?

Comment

How stupid is Sloe Gin

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

How stupid is Michelle Obama?
        "Superior minds deal in ideas. Mediocre minds deal in events. Inferior minds deal in personalities."
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
          How stupid are people complaining about her by acting like she eats nothing but these kinds of foods?
          she's the hooker who decided to tell America that eating dessert was bad and that unless you eat healthy you're a bad person. I'm just saying practice what you preach. Wouldn't kill her to encourage America to hit the treadmill
          Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

she's the hooker who decided to tell America that eating dessert was bad and that unless you eat healthy you're a bad person. I'm just saying practice what you preach. Wouldn't kill her to encourage America to hit the treadmill
            What's most important is that we rip anyone trying to encourage behavior that's both healthy for themselves and society as a whole...just because we disagree with some aspect of their lifestyle or more probably their politics.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
              What's most important is that we rip anyone trying to encourage behavior that's both healthy for themselves and society as a whole...just because we disagree with some aspect of their lifestyle or more probably their politics.
              Absolutely.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

THey just interviewed someone on TV regarding the nutritional value of what she ate and that the portion size was the thing to look at as well as what the food was. I couldn't believe anyone would actually be that petty to be talking about this and then viola. I tell people to eat healthy all the time. I am not always eating healthy. does this negate that my advice is good?

Comment

I don't have a problem with her "encouraging" healthy diets. I just don't want her to spend my money doing it. When she says she wants to spend $400 Million to eradicate 'food deserts', that goes beyond just encouragement. The reason inner cities don't have super markets is that they get robbed Michelle!!!
                  No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    does this negate that my advice is good?
                    Yes.

Living by example is a pretty strong message. Shes obviously not overweight so I'd say her example is pretty good. I don't see it as a big deal unless it becomes a Al Gore like pattern and then she takes a credibility hit. For the most part its much ado about nothing. One other thing Deserts are hardly why folks are fat, read the label, processed food of any kind is killing America not deserts
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

Disagree. Stupid fatasses who don't get off the couch are killing America.

Processed food is hardly the culprit. It's one of those boogeymen that are pointed at all the time. Just like when someone sees the word "chemical" and freaks out. It's the same reason we don't call an MRI machine what it is. I'll give you a hint, it has the word "nuclear" in it. *GASP*
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Processed food is hardly the culprit. It's one of those boogeymen that are pointed at all the time. Just like when someone sees the word "chemical" and freaks out. It's the same reason we don't call an MRI machine what it is. I'll give you a hint, it has the word "nuclear" in it. *GASP*
                        You need to start reading labels, Morton Table salt has sugar in it. Processed food is a definite issue as is exercise. Funny the folks I know that don't eat that crap aren't fat and yet they are hardly marathoners.
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Wol4ine View Post
                          I don't have a problem with her "encouraging" healthy diets. I just don't want her to spend my money doing it. When she says she wants to spend $400 Million to eradicate 'food deserts', that goes beyond just encouragement. The reason inner cities don't have super markets is that they get robbed Michelle!!!
                          Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I think there is something to the food desert thing. They have done some really fascinating studies regarding low income and obesity/malnutrition. In California it would take 70% of a poverty line salary to eat a healthy diet. The most affordable foods are no longer the healthy ones. They are the highly processed foods with lots of corn syrup and salt and not a lot of nutrients. Not only that but eating that type of food resets the brain to crave more of the same and after eating it the message from the brain is to sleep. The density of calories to amt of food is huge. Even people who are very active can get pretty fat eating that stuff.

One of the Lutheran colleges had a nutrition class assignment for a semester that had the students try and plan how to eat on a low income budget and then live thier plan. They were interviewed and most of them couldn't make it work by the end of the month. There were kids going to school and given time to plan to eat healthy.

If that 400M starts people on the way to breaking the cycle of obesity, heart disease and diabetes then it might be well worth the $. Guess who doesn't want us to eat healthy. Lottsa companies making lottsa trash food that sell it to the public schools and to the masses.

Many people unable to afford much of the healthier choices and if you go to many cities there are no large grocery stores. Imagine buying all your food at convienience store at those prices. If you don't have a car you also have a harder time buying in bulk which would save you some $.

There is an amazing level of ignorance about what is healthy. This ignorance is not just the inner city folks. I see it in my suburban practice all the time. People that think Vitamin water and gatorade should replace milk, folks that think fried fish is healthy because it is fish...

Add that many of the schools are feeding kids the free lunches that are a teaching lesson for an early heart attack. Can't speak for what others have in their area but a typical lunch week here is fried meat, french fries, corn/ or/ pasta, sauce, bread and butter/or/ hot dog, fries, corn/ or tacos, corn, french fries/ or pizza/ or/ french toast or pancakes, sausage. Milk- chocolate, strawberry or regular. This would be a offering for lunches in one week. Once in awhile they have salad with iceburg lettuce and maybe a tomato, rarely cooked carrots. No green veggies at all, no grilled meats, fish is always fried and breaded, 2 starches, fried meat, lots of breads. Then no PE class, no recess because we need the academic time. Yep, those stupid fat people.
                          Last edited by leswp1; 02-22-2011, 09:58 PM.

Comment

food nutrition is simple. Calorie in, calorie out. You can eat as much as you want, if you exercise it all off. Michelle Obama doesn't need to spend 400 million to initiate this in America.
                            Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

food nutrition is simple. Calorie in, calorie out. You can eat as much as you want, if you exercise it all off. Michelle Obama doesn't need to spend 400 million to initiate this in America.
                              Very simple. if you are well off. If you work 12 hours/day to pay for things then need to commute, get all the shopping, laundry, chores done when exactly do you get to exercise?

I know this isn't everyone but it is a significant portion of those who can't make ends meet.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                                Very simple. if you are well off. If you work 12 hours/day to pay for things then need to commute, get all the shopping, laundry, chores done when exactly do you get to exercise?
                                Still simple. Live closer to your job and shorten your commute. When you go to a store (or to work) park further away and do some brisk walking. Every morning when I leave work, I see people circling the parking lot for several minutes trying to park closer to the hospital - wasting several minutes trying to shorten their walk by about 50 feet.

Comment

Working...
                                X