This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

I am not a numbers person. Were those numbers avg salary as in all the teachers or were they what the average teacher makes? I know folks that have taught for yrs and they are doing alright. I also know a lot of young teachers who can barely put food on the table. Just curious.

THe $ aren't the issue here for me. CB is the issue. Has anyone managed to get the Gov. to address his reasoning for trying to kill CB now that they have agreed to the $? I still have a hard time blaming people for bargaining for as much as they can get. THe people at fault here are the ones who made the agreement. They are the ones who knew the budget. THe teachers aren't supposed to overlook the whole budget and say that the raise/bennies are unaffordable. That should be the job of the folks in control of the $.

Comment

If the unions are willing to make concessions, the CBA should be off the table. It sounds like they're actually willing to negotiate.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

If the government shuts down, am I allowed to stop paying taxes?
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          If the unions are willing to make concessions, the CBA should be off the table. It sounds like they're actually willing to negotiate.
          Scott Walker disagrees at about 3:15
          ****** src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:video:thedailyshow.com:261350" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars="">

- Crisis in Dairyland - Revenge of the Curds

Comment

Indiana Dems contemplating a walkout of their own.

Democratic representatives in Indiana caucused into the night Monday, discussing a possible walkout to deny Republicans a quorum. They plan to meet again Tuesday morning. Rep. David Niezgodski of South Bend said Monday night that some Democrats are considering a walkout, contending the majority "are waging a war on the middle class now, in a way we've never seen before."
            An interesting map that went along with the story:
            *****http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/P1-AZ572_STATES_G_20110221184513.jpg******

Comment

Wisconsin State Sen. Bob Jauch, Democrat from Ashland and Bayfield, said on Wednesday that Gov. Scott Walker may not have unanimous support among Republicans in the state senate for his assault on unions.

“There are six to seven Republican senators that hate this bill, really hate this bill,” said Jauch on WOJB radio this morning. Republicans outnumber Democrats 19-14 in the state senate, so if three vote against it, the bill would die.

Jauch says he’s been in touch with his Republican counterparts and they are “trying to come up with an alternative.”

Jauch called Walker’s bill “The Worker Retribution Act,” and said the governor is “attacking workers to benefit the Koch Brothers,” the rightwing billionaires in Texas who lavishly funded his campaign.

Jauch added: “Walker wrapped this bomb in a package and called it a cake.”

Jauch also predicted that some Republican legislators who support Walker’s bill would face a recall effort.

Unlike the Republican senators, Walker says the Democratic senators are united.

Speaking from an undisclosed location in Illinois, he said none of them wants to be the one who hands Walker a victory.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                If the government shuts down, am I allowed to stop paying taxes?
                Taxes are not just paying for govt services.

You are free to stop paying taxes anytime...US citizenship is totally voluntary.
                Go Gophers!

Comment

I'm curious as to why, if 6 or 7 Republicans hate the bill so much, the Democrats won't come back to Wisconsin. Seems to me if they team up with each other, they have more than enough votes to defeat the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                    Taxes are not just paying for govt services.

You are free to stop paying taxes anytime...US citizenship is totally voluntary.
                    So the 40 something % that don't pay taxes should have their citizenship revoked?
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                      I'm curious as to why, if 6 or 7 Republicans hate the bill so much, the Democrats won't come back to Wisconsin. Seems to me if they team up with each other, they have more than enough votes to defeat the bill.
                      Hey if they found away to escape that hellhole you best believe they never want to come back! (this story rocks for the Sconnie jokes alone!)

The best part of the TDS clip is the end where they show how both MSNBC and Fox flipped their beliefs based on who was doing the protests.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                        Being opposed to the bill does not mean they'll go against their party and vote against it. They need the political courage to follow their convictions. Remember peer pressure in high school, or "keeping up with the Joneses" today?

Comment

How stupid is Michelle Obama?
                          Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            So the 40 something % that don't pay taxes should have their citizenship revoked?
                            Those 40% are doing so legally. JF has another two options that I didn't mention. Stop collecting a salary or change the law. I don't expect him to be able to change the law so he doesn't have to pay taxes...so its pretty much stop making money or give up his citizenship. That's pretty much the deal he's making with US citizenship. Take it or leave it.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                              Those 40% are doing so legally. JF has another two options that I didn't mention. Stop collecting a salary or change the law. I don't expect him to be able to change the law so he doesn't have to pay taxes...so its pretty much stop making money or give up his citizenship. That's pretty much the deal he's making with US citizenship. Take it or leave it.
                              I'd stop making money if the things i needed and/or wanted stopped costing money.

If everyone stopped charging for products and services the world would be a better place!
                              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                                I'd stop making money if the things i needed and/or wanted stopped costing money.

If everyone stopped charging for products and services the world would be a better place!
                                Agreed...but as we've seen, communism has its flaws.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X