X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    And Henry Ford made anti-semetic quotes and accepted the Grand Cross of the German Eagle from a German consulate in 1938. Clearly the Ford Motor Company is financing Arab efforts against Israel because of things its founder said decades ago. Rotten to the core.
    Not to mention IBMs active participation in "The Final Solution".
    "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Meanwhile we're talking about Sanger and not the supposed corruption of an organization who does over 1,000,000 cervical and breast cancer exams a year. And Kepler apparently thinks Catholics are unclean.
      "You ever eaten with one?"

*****http://www.berkshirefinearts.com/uploadedImages/articles/1093_Producers587317.jpg******
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        And Henry Ford made anti-semetic quotes and accepted the Grand Cross of the German Eagle from a German consulate in 1938. Clearly the Ford Motor Company is financing Arab efforts against Israel because of things its founder said decades ago. Rotten to the core.
        IBM programmed the computers (if you want to call them that) that the Nazis used at the concentration camps. I suppose when the programmers read that Jews were being sent to Auschwitz and Dachau for special treatment, they thought it was for a party or something.

Comment

Yeah, we're all on board that train, Bob. You can certainly conclude that from what we've been saying.
          Make one wonder. Or else your just hopelessly unwilling to question any of your liberal causes. Except, oh, right, you don't think you're liberal. You are very entertaining, I'll give you that.

I guess some people sticking their fingers in their ears and saying lalalalalalalala to themselves endlessly when someone brings up inconvenient facts is considered the way to go by some folks.
          Last edited by Bob Gray; 04-11-2011, 02:49 PM.
          Originally posted by Priceless
          Good to see you're so reasonable.
          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
          Very well, said.
          Originally posted by Rover
          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
            I guess some people sticking their fingers in their ears and saying lalalalalalalala to themselves endlessly when someone brings up inconvenient facts is considered the way to go by some folks.
            Bob, it isn't so much that as that every other white supremacist of the 20th century was a reactionary conservative.

It's not really a liberal thing. Now, hating Whitey -- we are DOWN with that!

*****http://www.quizlaw.com/blog/images/Kill_Whitey2.jpg******
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Make one wonder. Or else your just hopelessly unwilling to question any of your liberal causes. Except, oh, right, you don't think you're liberal. You are very entertaining, I'll give you that.

I don't care about Margaret Sanger. I do care about 1,000,000 cervical and breast cancer exams. I guess that makes me a bad person. Sorry I don't live up to your standards, Bob.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

http://omaha.com/article/20110411/NE...re-ruined-deal

It must be nice to be able to live in fantasy land where you get to be a pure ideologue and not have to worry about governing a diverse population. Especially when you only control 1/3rd of the effective government (ie, not the Senate or the White House).

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/art...S-turn-around-

Oh, she also will fix the country in 4 years if elected president. Good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  http://omaha.com/article/20110411/NE...re-ruined-deal

It must be nice to be able to live in fantasy land where you get to be a pure ideologue and not have to worry about governing a diverse population. Especially when you only control 1/3rd of the effective government (ie, not the Senate or the White House).

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/art...S-turn-around-

Oh, she also will fix the country in 4 years if elected president. Good to know.
                  She's selling books. The only budget she cares about is her own.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Well this thread has certainly gone down hill fast
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      She's selling books. The only budget she cares about is her own.
                      No, she cares about the 5% too. They got her elected after all. She'll balance it for them. Probably could do it in 2 years with the right Congress.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I don't care about Margaret Sanger. I do care about 1,000,000 cervical and breast cancer exams. I guess that makes me a bad person. Sorry I don't live up to your standards, Bob.
                        And 332,278 abortions in 2009, compared to 997 adoption referrals. That's 333 abortions per adoption referral.

"Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it."
                        -Winston Churchill
                        Very well, said.
                        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

And 332,278 abortions in 2009, compared to 997 adoption referrals. That's 333 abortions per adoption referral.

-Winston Churchill
                          Do you really want to go there? Really? I got plenty of ammo if you do.

Comment

I can understand you wanting to avoid talking about PP's very checkered history by throwing out some relativistic language. Nice duck.
                            Another dodge. Again, I don't blame you. It's a pretty grisly history.
                            ??

I raised the issue of PP's very checkered past. Both of them avoided addressing the point I raised. Pretty simple really.
                            Focus. PP's grisly history. Margaret Sanger. I didn't say anything about them doing anything illegal (though it wouldn't surprise me). I said they have a grisly history. You made some statement about nobody is perfect. Yah, that explains statements like this from Margaret Sanger "We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population." Or "The marriage bed is the most degenerating influence in the social order." Or "The most merciful thing that a large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it." Yup, every other interest group is like that.
                            That was my first post. I brought up a new angle that Priceless and Foxton both dodged. The person who founded and ran PP for much of its early history and who is still highly honored by the organization is certainly germane to how one looks at PP...

-Winston Churchill
                            So, Not to inject anything into the sissy fight...I am confused still about what PP is doing related to corruption. If you are against abortion that is one thing but it is legal and that is not corruption.

I will agree that what Margaret Sanger said in today's culture is not acceptable but in those times there was a lot of that kind of rhetoric from all sides. There certainly was racism, bigotry and all sorts of unChristian behavior, even from the Christians! (and yes, I am one). Popes have done some horrifying things but does that make Christianity null? No, the basis is the belief system. THe PP belief is that women should be given the tools to take care of their bodies. Prevention is the most important part of what they teach.

I understand you are against abortion. I can't say that I disagree with this as I have said before. I ask once again how cutting funding to a place that provides a way to prevent the need is helping this situation? Do you have stats on just how many ABs could potentially be prevented by all the birth control that is being distributed? How about how many total visits compared to how many ABs were performed? I am pretty sure the ratio would way outdo the stat about adoption vs AB. How about how many referrals to OB for prenatal care?

I know they have all the propaganda nonsense about ABs being pushed. I have to disagree with this. I have had more than a few patients that were rejected because they were not sure they wanted one and wanted to just get it over with. For those who are seeking adoption there are other, well known avenues that are available. I have referred patients to them. PP is not the first place that comes to mind to broker that altho they offer the service.

On the whole I understand that abortion is objectionable. I do not understand why some of what someone said a century ago has bearing on the way the organization is judged today. Margaret Sanger said some horrifying things. Just like we have Glen Beck, Rush, and Oberman now who are way over the line when they say things. She was a wildly radical person in her time and I bet would still be one now.

Despite her nasty side she also was an advocate for women when there were no other advocates and some of the things she advocated for were things that made being a woman more safe. At that time in history women were purposefully kept in the dark about most things to do with sexuality including pregnancy prevention and STDs. Sanger diseminated this information allowing women to protect against pregnancy and STDs in a time when there was very little intervention that could help a woman who was a risk. She may not have had the best moral character but I am sure that at least this is a good thing for women.

Comment

Is your gun armed with aborted fetuses or adopted babies?

Comment

Same here.
                                Very well, said.
                                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Working...
                                X