• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theprofromdover
    replied
    Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

Originally posted by Patman View Post
    Handy... you forgot a couple of things... PP is a corrupt organization... PP ignores the law at its own leisure in line with its own moral system and not one codified by law.

For that matter... les, you did the same as handy... and you know these aren't isolated incidents. That being said, why does the gov't have to subsidize PP? If we agree something needs to be subsidized then why does it have to go to PP? Frankly, not one dime should go to that corrupt law-breaking organization.
    This sounds like a case of terminal sperm buildup. You should try getting laid.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Good summary of the deal, which went down exactly how everybody other than the two fringes thought it would.

Money quote:

there will be things social conservatives like in this continuing resolution, but some of what they wanted was bargained away. That benefited Democrats, but it benefited economic conservatives even more.
    which basically means: we all win. Most times when we cut the deficit (even a little), it's good. Any time social conservatives lose, it's good.
    Last edited by Kepler; 04-11-2011, 09:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Foxton
    replied

I do wonder if we'll ever find out why PP is corrupt. Patman, won't you please enlighten us? If it's so self evident then you should have no problem validating what you just said.
    Last edited by Foxton; 04-11-2011, 09:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    It's almost as bad as the Clinton budget that destroyed American business.
    Clinton didn't have anything to do with that. Just ask Bob.

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied

Handy... you forgot a couple of things... PP is a corrupt organization... PP ignores the law at its own leisure in line with its own moral system and not one codified by law.

For that matter... les, you did the same as handy... and you know these aren't isolated incidents. That being said, why does the gov't have to subsidize PP? If we agree something needs to be subsidized then why does it have to go to PP? Frankly, not one dime should go to that corrupt law-breaking organization.
    *****http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/wikipedian_protester.png******

(This is so going to become my favorite picture of all time)

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    The stock market still hasn't recovered from the devastation of the health care law.
    It's almost as bad as the Clinton budget that destroyed American business.

Leave a comment:

• KnowItAll
    replied

pretty sweeping, Pat,

I just looked up the allegations... I thought you were brighter than that.
    Last edited by KnowItAll; 04-10-2011, 09:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bakunin
    replied

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Yeah...I am not one for rubbing it in but that one always makes me smile
    With all the extra money sloshing around thanks to the stupid actions of the Fed, it's hard to imagine speculative asset prices (such as stocks) dropping appreciably anytime in the short term. Further complicating the impact on the market is the enforcement of any law Congress passes - what happens at the regulatory stage is every bit as important as passing the legislation in the first place (see: 'financial reform'). I'd hazard a guess that with the many exceptions and loopholes that have likely been bought and paid for by various lobbying efforts, there will be minimal impact on most companies' bottom line (and the same can likely be said about the financial reform bill's impact on investment banks).

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    The stock market still hasn't recovered from the devastation of the health care law.
    Yeah...I am not one for rubbing it in but that one always makes me smile

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
    I'm not conflicted at all. They should have buy one get one free specials or punch cards.
    Double punch Tuesdays?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    That's all well and good Scooby, but Patman said they are corrupt and his word is his bond. Corrupt I say!!

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    3% of planned parenthood's work is abortions. Those abortions are not paid by the feds. They do approx 1,000,000 breast and cervical cancer exams a year. But, hey, let's subsidize some more oil.
    That's all well and good Scooby, but Patman said they are corrupt and his word is his bond. Corrupt I say!!

Leave a comment:

• Bakunin
    replied

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    3% of planned parenthood's work is abortions. Those abortions are not paid by the feds. They do approx 1,000,000 breast and cervical cancer exams a year. But, hey, let's subsidize some more oil.
    How about we give women seeking abortions cervical cancer? That'll teach 'em to play fast and loose with their vaginae.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bakunin
    replied

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    I am extremely conflicted regarding ABs but the best way for me to avoid having to deal with that conflict is to make the need not necessary.
    I'm not conflicted at all. They should have buy one get one free specials or punch cards.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X