X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Ah yes, the evil corporation theory rears its ugly head. All these companies have is their reputation. If a batch of corn flakes kills 50 people, do you really think Kellog's survives?
    Yes. Corn Flakes might not, but Kellog's itself will.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
      Has a first lady-driven cause ever gotten any traction, though? Cripes, has any of the government-required PSAs created any tangible benefit?
      No idea how to quantify that either way. The tradition of the first lady finding some cause to trumpet is about the last government action I'm worried about, be it in terms of effectiveness or cost as in the grand scheme it's meaningless. Worst case maybe I'd just consider it some positive PR. My main point is that people have to be kidding me with this whole rib thing. I mean, seriously?
      I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Ah yes, the evil corporation theory rears its ugly head. All these companies have is their reputation. If a batch of corn flakes kills 50 people, do you really think Kellog's survives?
        Yes. They'll change their name to Kalamazoo or something and go on with business as usual.

Comment

Sure. The Banks survived, didn't they? Can't get any worse then what they did.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Sure. The Banks survived, didn't they? Can't get any worse then what they did.
            Killing someone? Or dozens of people? Not worse than stealing and lying? Wow.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Yeah, you're probably right. But stealing and lying is a close second. And killing one-12 people or millions of people's livelihood's is a tough call.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I'd rather have nothing than be dead.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Do you really think that the financial collapse didn't cost some people their lives? I'll bet it was more than 50, but we'll never know.
                  "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    Fortunately, since it isn't the food companies' responsibility to make sure their food is safe, we have a strong government watchdog keeping an eye on things.
                    Who watches the government? The media is supposed to...

Comment

You mean like Ford Motor Company? Or Tylenol? Or the Tobacco Industry? Businesses kill people everyday and survive. (that doesnt make them evil just proving the flaw in your argument)

Hell, I bet if you looked you could find 50 people who died from a Kelloggs product every year. You can find 50 people that died from ANYTHING in a given year
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Legitimately funny line from Gail Collins:

One thing that never changes in Washington is the difference in metabolism between the House and Senate. Have you ever watched pet-rehabilitation shows like “The Dog Whisperer”? The House is the deranged Pomeranian that yelps and throws itself against the window and tears up the upholstery 24/7. The Senate, meanwhile, is like a narcoleptic Great Dane you can hardly rouse for dinner.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'd rather have nothing than be dead.
                          But would you rather millions of people have nothing than Joe Shmoe being dead?

It's easy to compare one man's death vs. mere impoverishment. It's another to compare millions in poverty to one man's death.

Either way, Kelloggs survives without a doubt. May need to rebrand itself, but 50 deaths are a drop in the bucket. Even at $10,000,000 per death, that's only $500,000,000 in damages. For a company with billions in revenue every year, meh.

Comment

Jack in the Box killed something like 4 kids and made hundreds of people sick and they are still around.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              The Senate, meanwhile, is like a narcoleptic Great Dane you can hardly rouse for dinner.
                              Senator Scooby?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                                But would you rather millions of people have nothing than Joe Shmoe being dead?

It's easy to compare one man's death vs. mere impoverishment. It's another to compare millions in poverty to one man's death.

Either way, Kelloggs survives without a doubt. May need to rebrand itself, but 50 deaths are a drop in the bucket. Even at $10,000,000 per death, that's only $500,000,000 in damages. For a company with billions in revenue every year, meh.
                                It would also hit their revenue stream, though.

Then again, they may be insured.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X