Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Don't kid yourself. Obama's in your bottled water, too.

    *****http://simmerdown3.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/white-slavery.jpg******

    Of course. It's all intertwined. Larger and more sinister than any of us can imagine. Everyone is involved, and when a person has been used up their death is faked and they go live in an island resort with Tim McVeigh and Chandra Levy.
    I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

    Comment


    • Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

      Originally posted by BassAle View Post
      you don't think the obesity and type 2 diabetes epidemic are serious? This is costing tax payers billions of dollars a year and is totally out of control. Middle school kids should not be getting high blood pressure and diabetes.
      Most of the world is dealing with the problem of not having enough to eat or having water that is barely drinkable due to the diseases it carries.

      I'd say compared to those things, obesity and diabetes are less significant.

      Comment


      • Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

        Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
        I'd say compared to those things, obesity and diabetes are less significant.
        On a worldwide scale, sure. Offshoot: But the First Lady always takes up a cause and I have no problem with Michelle Obama taking up the one she has. What we pump into ourselves, and children, is downright insane at times. It's a useful cause as far I'm concerned, and if her and Barack want to hammer down a rack of ribs who the hell cares? With all the other things out there it's mind-numbing that somehow this is even a topic of discussion at a national level.
        I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

        Comment


        • Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

          Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
          I know we're officially out of serious problems when we're worrying about people getting too many calories.

          Here's a simple and cheap solution to the school lunch problem: serve sandwiches. Offer a banana or an apple for fruit and carrots w/ ranch dip (low fat if you're calorie conscious) for a vegetable. Honestly, a lot of adults eat stuff like this when they pack their own lunches and go to work, and I doubt you'll approach your daily limit for anything with a meal of this size.
          This
          Originally posted by thebrain View Post
          Eat in moderation, get some exercise, if you eat something "Bad" make sure you work it off.

          For exercise, join a gym, run around your neighborhood, get some P90X going, walk around a lake, run up and down the stairs, or whatever you want, just do some activity 30 minutes a day.

          Not everyone is going to be a model, or has the need to compensate by becoming a freaky muscle god, just know what you're eating, eat less fast food, eat more salads, do some sort of activity, and eat in moderation.
          This

          Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Why do that when schools can sign contracts with McDonalds and Coke to provide for the kids? (like some do now)

          The real boogeyman in all of this is the idea that being unhealthy is the same as being fat. You can be in your BMI and look great and still be ridiculously unhealthy.
          And this.

          Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Read the ingredients in a package of shredded cheddar cheese, its a paragraph long. Its not necessarily the process its whats added in the process. If you don't think whats added is an issue, have at the hamburger helper, you'll look good eating it.

          I bought some frozen Green Giant snow peas, didn't really look at the pkg until I got home,contents, peas, sugar. Why do I need sugar on peas that are already sweet?
          You get no points. Just because you can't pronounce it or the ingredients list is long doesn't mean it's bad for you. Classic though. Let's ban dihydrogen oxide.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

          Comment


          • Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

            Originally posted by XYZ View Post
            But the First Lady always takes up a cause and I have no problem with Michelle Obama taking up the one she has. What we pump into ourselves, and children, is downright insane at times. It's a useful cause as far I'm concerned, and if her and Barack want to hammer down a rack of ribs who the hell cares? With all the other things out there it's mind-numbing that somehow this is even a topic of discussion at a national level.
            Has a first lady-driven cause ever gotten any traction, though? Cripes, has any of the government-required PSAs created any tangible benefit?

            Comment


            • Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

              Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
              Has a first lady-driven cause ever gotten any traction, though? Cripes, has any of the government-required PSAs created any tangible benefit?
              Does re-election count?
              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

              Comment


              • Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

                Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                This


                This



                And this.



                You get no points. Just because you can't pronounce it or the ingredients list is long doesn't mean it's bad for you. Classic though. Let's ban dihydrogen oxide.
                Maybe you could go a couple of weeks without dihydrogen oxide so we can see how it goes

                Thanks for the obvious conclusion on the ability to pronounce the ingredients list. Maybe you might admit its possible ingredients you don't know are there might be bad for you also. Heard of food allergies? Let me guess you work for a food additive company? Better living thru chemistry.
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

                Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

                Comment


                • Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

                  Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                  Has a first lady-driven cause ever gotten any traction, though? Cripes, has any of the government-required PSAs created any tangible benefit?
                  For the former, I dunno, maybe Eleanor Roosevelt. Does half the country wanting to bang Jackie Kennedy count as a "cause"?

                  For the latter, yes, I think so. Despite the rabble rabble gummint bad rabble rabble the PSA campaigns about littering, smoking, domestic violence, redlining, hiring Vets, drunk driving, and even racial and religious tolerance have had good effects. Listening to classic radio, the government ads during WW2 earnestly asking people to put aside religious bigotry in the name of unity are among the most stirring and patriotic things I've ever heard.

                  PSAs are by their very nature an easy target for mockery but there is some effect. Some are utterly inane ("just say No") but some have been a nudge towards good. And in the end they are about values, and as much as I don't care for state paternalism in legislation, the non-binding reinforcement of certain core values is not a terrible thing. We are after all a society, regardless of what Margaret Thatcher thought.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 02-24-2011, 06:50 AM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                  Comment


                  • Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

                    Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                    Most of the world is dealing with the problem of not having enough to eat or having water that is barely drinkable due to the diseases it carries.

                    I'd say compared to those things, obesity and diabetes are less significant.
                    Saying that we don't have bad water and we have food so it isn't as significant is an interesting take. Having an abundance of diseasesrelated to malnutrition and obesity like diabetes and heart disease has a number of effects you might not consider- Can't serve in the armed forces, work force that is more likely to be absent, take time off, more likely to need disability, more likely to utilize insurance benefits (increased cost to all in the company), etc. Every place has their burden. We have more poor people than ever and they are fat, out of shape, malnourished and increasingly utilizing our medical resources for chronic illness at younger and younger ages. 25 yrs ago no one had Type II diabetes under the age of 30 and that was young. The $ we pay could be used for so many other things.

                    Comment


                    • Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

                      Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      You get no points. Just because you can't pronounce it or the ingredients list is long doesn't mean it's bad for you. Classic though. Let's ban dihydrogen oxide.
                      Don't joke. DHMO kills thousands of people each year.

                      Comment


                      • Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

                        Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                        Don't joke. DHMO kills thousands of people each year.
                        I know, right?
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                        Comment


                        • Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

                          Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Maybe you could go a couple of weeks without dihydrogen oxide so we can see how it goes

                          Thanks for the obvious conclusion on the ability to pronounce the ingredients list. Maybe you might admit its possible ingredients you don't know are there might be bad for you also. Heard of food allergies? Let me guess you work for a food additive company? Better living thru chemistry.
                          No, I won't admit that. If I don't know what it is, how can I know if it's bad, good, or harmless?

                          Nope. I do not. But life is much much better through chemistry.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                          Comment


                          • Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

                            Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                            Has a first lady-driven cause ever gotten any traction, though? Cripes, has any of the government-required PSAs created any tangible benefit?
                            I don't know. Maybe we should ask the folks at the Betty Ford clinic.

                            Comment


                            • Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

                              Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              No, I won't admit that. If I don't know what it is, how can I know if it's bad, good, or harmless?

                              Nope. I do not. But life is much much better through chemistry.
                              Fortunately, since it isn't the food companies' responsibility to make sure their food is safe, we have a strong government watchdog keeping an eye on things.

                              Comment


                              • Re: The 112th Congress - The first Orange-American to be elected Speaker

                                Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                                Fortunately, since it isn't the food companies' responsibility to make sure their food is safe, we have a strong government watchdog keeping an eye on things.
                                Ah yes, the evil corporation theory rears its ugly head. All these companies have is their reputation. If a batch of corn flakes kills 50 people, do you really think Kellog's survives?
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X