Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to thwart unethical frozen four ticket sales

Originally posted by BismarckFan View Post
    Bottom line: When you comply with the rule & sell your tickets for face value or less, document the name, address, and telephone of the buyer; if you don't, the NCAA will likely say.......Gottcha!

In the game of compliance, it's guilty until you prove yourself innocent. The NCAA is not the police or the court system.
    Just like you said, the NCAA is NOT the police or court system...and I HIGHLY doubt they would waste their time "policing" ticket holders. They put out the threat that you COULD lose your tickets if you sell them over face value to discourage it, but just like many other rules out there, I'm sure this one is rarely enforced. I doubt the NCAA would waste their time, energy, resources, and manpower to investigate hundreds of ticket holders who sold their tickets over face value. They made their money and they don't care.

There were TONS of tickets available at face value prior to Sunday...and many fans were willing to take the gamble and buy them ahead of time knowing there was a risk and they might have to resell them. Now the prices are insanely high...double, triple, and even quadruple face value...but that's all in the law of supply and demand! The market is setting the prices...and if you didn't get your tickets early when it was a buyer's market...you have to deal with the present seller's market. Prices will go down closer to the day of the event...and if you don't get your tickets, don't be mad and disgruntled...it isn't the ticketholders or scalpers fault!

Comment

What makes you think I'm mad and disgruntled? Nothing in my posts expresses anger or bitterness. I agree that the market will be in my favor on game day...when I will most likely buy my ticket from a scalper friend for just a little above face value so he can make a living. I love on-site scalpers...they are not overly greedy...like the scalp sites that take greed to an extreme!

I don't get mad...I get even...

Comment

NCAA is also selling tickets at ridiculous prices. On their website they are selling center ice seats through primesport for $1250 and corner for $750

http://www.ncaa.com/info/icehockey-men/d1/tickets
        Last edited by Shane Campbell; 03-31-2011, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BismarckFan View Post
          Thanks,

I look for many fans to pull their tickets from scalp sites tonight & tomorrow to help us all out and not loose their preference for next year.

I'd rather be there...but not to fatten some pig's wallet...
          The whole "fatten some pig's wallet" comment led me to believe you were angry/disgruntled/bitter...

Comment

Not the case siouxmanda... Actually it is kind of satisfying to know that the pigs asking three to five times face value will get left without any sale due to the logistics of selling their tickets short of the necessary time to guarantee delivery to the buyers before they would travel.

Greed left out in the cold!

Number of tickets on some of the scalp sites is increasing...prices are already diving as time runs out.

I'll be at the games! Not to worry!

JACKPOT! I just purchased a single in lower bowl 17th row for $200 plus overnight plus a $20 service fee or $237 on Stubhub! See you all at the game. I'm "Siouxperfan" on my Sioux jersey.
            Last edited by BismarckFan; 04-03-2011, 07:43 PM.

Comment

The NCAA doesnt' care. They have their money already. Their prices are high. Whine to them about their prices, not ticket brokers.
              Or pony up around 800 bucks every june for the lottery.

Comment

PEOPLE! This is the ticket market these days. Since legalization of ticket resale the only way to get face price tickets is buy early or know someone. Otherwise you have to get tickets last minute when the brokers unload tickets. Many tickets from brokers will end up outside the X on game day. That's just how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Knickball2 View Post
                  That's exactly right, it's free enterprise. I bought four lower bowl tickets on Saturday, taking a chance before the Fighting Sioux won. Glad I took the risk.
                  In the past, I've had to miss events due to lack of funds, that's life.
                  I disagree. It is not free enterprise. It is severe ticket manipulation (referring to resellers Tickets Now and StubHub for example). I bit the bullet and put in a request for tickets 2X+ above face value of a full session package. After doing so, and getting a confirmation that my purchase was logged, not surprisingly both outlets advised they could not reach the seller to confirm the sale. There is no question that price creep on the tickets caused the sellers to back down and not fulfill either of my two orders as tickets prices were scaling up. StubHub in particular has been extremely bad in fulfilling my order. They have strung me along in a virtual waiting room for 120 hours now and have tried several times just to get me to cancel my order. I am 70 minutes from the Xcel and out of disgust may sit at home and watch the championship game.

To see that the NCAA site is pushing ticket packages for a third party sat $1250 per package absolutely disgusts me.

I will NEVER buy anything from StuibHub again. Their customer service is abysmal and they outright decieve the consumer as they do not comply with their own stsandards for communication.
                  "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Don't misinterpret my statements, it's a seller's market, I believe it sucks that the ticket brokers are skyhigh and
                    that craigslist is full of scammers. However, if you had taken the risk, before you're team won and got there, there
                    were tickets everywhere for face value and slightly above face value. Now with Duluth and North Dakota and the location
                    being in St. Paul, good luck. This is a premium ticket. I've been to pro football playoff games, NBA finals games, baseball
                    playoff games, and I find this ticket to be as in demand as any I've ever witnessed. Yes, there is much sticker shock!

Comment

Prices have gone down $150 since three days ago; it has been a buyer's market for 36 hours and will get much better with time.

The reputable scalpers outside the Xcel know they will not get much over $225 for an all sessions pass so my guess is they will not pay more than about $175 for the dumped tickets from the scalp sites.

Patience is a virtue. Delayed gratification is a winning approach to life.

Comment

Got my ticket for $200 at StubHub. Patience is a virtue.

Comment

Thank God, I'm glad you got your ticket! Now we can stop listening to you whine about ticket prices!

Comment

Originally posted by siouxmanda View Post
                            Thank God, I'm glad you got your ticket! Now we can stop listening to you whine about ticket prices!
                            Well said.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by siouxmanda View Post
                              This.
                              UND: More national championships than all Minnesota schools combined.

Comment

Working...
                              X