Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Women's DIII 2010-2011 Fan Opinion Poll

Originally posted by nbound View Post
    The bigger question would be : how can you or anyone have Amherst at #1 when their record is 0-0-0. Historically they are a great team but for this season they are still an unproven entity.
    R they not the Champs ?. Just like in the D1 poll, that counts for something. UMD held top spot there until they lost a game.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
      R they not the Champs ?. Just like in the D1 poll, that counts for something. UMD held top spot there until they lost a game.
      Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
        Agreed. Not sure they get a pass until they lose, but they should at least get the respect until they show what they've got on the ice this year.

Comment

The bigger question would be : how can you or anyone have Amherst at #1 when their record is 0-0-0. Historically they are a great team but for this season they are still an unproven entity.
          I have always been and always will be a firm believer of #1 until beaten. In EVERY poll I do that will be the case. Amherst will hold that spot no matter what until they lose a game.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

1) Amherst
            2) RIT
            3) Plattsburgh
            4) Wisconsin-River Falls
            5) Norwich
            6) Middlebury
            7) Gustavus Adolphus
            8) Manhattanville
            9) Wisconsin-Stevens Point
            10) Elmira

Comment

2010-2011 Fan Poll November 7, 2010

1. Gustavus
              2. UW River Falls
              3. Amherst
              4. RIT
              5. Manhattanville
              6. Norwich
              7. Plattsburgh
              8. Elmira
              9. St. Norbert College
              10 UW Stevens Point
              4 & 20 The All-American Sister's
              SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

Comment

1. Amherst
                2. RIT
                3. Norwich
                4. Plattsburgh
                5. Middlebury
                6. Manhattanville
                7. Gustavus
                8. Elmira
                9. River Falls
                10. UWSP

Comment

Here's this weeks poll with a twist

1. Norwich (3-1, 2 w's against tougher opponents, respect for how they did last year)
                  2. UWSP (4-0, 2 W's over a top MIAC team from last year)
                  3. RIT (4-0 1W over tough opponent (Norwich) )
                  4. M'Ville (2-0 maybe a tough opponent win against St Anselm)
                  5. Lake Forest (4-0 has not faced a tough opponent yet)
                  6. Utica (3-0 without a tough opponent yet)
                  7. Platty (only 1 game in and not a tough opponent, will soon be near the top})
                  8. Concordia mn (4-1, one "tough" opponent in UWS
                  9. GAC (2-0, 0 tough opponents yet)
                  10. Elmira (2-1-1 Lost to Norwich beat and tied Oswego a sub.500 team last year)
                  I just need you to clarify some thing for me.
                  You have Norwich with 2 wins over "tougher" opponents. Their wins are against: EC, Casleton and NEC. Who's the 2nd tough win over?
                  Because you have RIT with only one tough win over norwich, but they've also beat NEC and Cortland. Shouldn't the NEC win count for booth teams? Just curious, and yes I know it's your opinion...blah blah blah.
                  RIT TIGERS
                  2007-08 AHA Pick'em Champion

Comment

USCHO.com Division III Women's Poll
                    November 8, 2010
                    Team (First Place Votes) Record Points Last Poll
                    1 Amherst (13) 0-0-0 148 1
                    2 Plattsburgh ( 1) 1-0-0 127 2
                    3 Rochester Institute of Technology ( 1) 4-0-0 125 3
                    4 Norwich 3-1-0 90 4
                    5 Gustavus Adolphus 2-0-0 81 5
                    6 Wisconsin-River Falls 1-0-0 67 6
                    7 Middlebury 0-0-0 55 8
                    8 Elmira 2-1-1 35 7
                    9 Manhattanville 2-0-0 34 10
                    10 Trinity 0-0-0 30 9
                    Others Receiving Votes: Lake Forest 17, Wisconsin-Stevens Point 14, Oswego 2

This would have made a a fine preseason poll, but the season is underway. You can have Amherst at #1 as they are the champs, but Middlebury and Trinity and Elmira They're certainly not national champs, at least not yet. There's two JV western teams undefeated at 4-0. This weeks poll is certainly questionable not only for the West but also some of the East picks for top ten. What happened to earning your ranking??

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-iii-...#ixzz14nMPqexA

Comment

FOR ENTERTAINMENT AND DISCUSSION ONLY, NOT TO BE INCLUDED IN THE FAN POLL

THE 2010-2011 BERRY PATCH POLL

It was a good crop of blackberries this year and a good winter supply of "juice" has been bottled
                      Tough to come up with this preliminary poll without the NESAC playing yet and many teams not yet facing a .500 or better team yet. But here's what I came up with.

Of the teams that have played so far, The Berry Patch Poll is based on the teams combined average of winning % against opponents that are at .500 or better and their overall winning %. Things will change rapidly as more games get played.

* these teams have not played a .500 opponent yet

Here's the top 15 teams in the Berry Patch

1. M'Ville
                      2. Utica
                      3. UWRF
                      4. Conc, mn
                      5. St Mary
                      6. St Norbert
                      7. Norwich
                      8. Elmira
                      9. *UWSP
                      10. *RIT
                      11. *Lake Forest
                      12. *Platty
                      13. *GAC
                      14. UWS
                      15. * Neumann
                      RIT beat Norwich. I beleive they are above .500. At least try and be accurate when doing this poll.
                      RIT TIGERS
                      2007-08 AHA Pick'em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Fan View Post
                        RIT beat Norwich. I beleive they are above .500. At least try and be accurate when doing this poll.
                        You stand corrected!!! Norwich was not a .500 team until after their second game of the season. When RIT defeated them in the first game of the season, neither team was .500. They were tied at 0.000. After the game, RIT was 1.000 Norwich still 0.000. You havve to consider teams records at the time games are played not what their record currently is. I may make mistakes but I try to be accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Fan View Post
                          I just need you to clarify some thing for me.
                          You have Norwich with 2 wins over "tougher" opponents. Their wins are against: EC, Casleton and NEC. Who's the 2nd tough win over?
                          Because you have RIT with only one tough win over norwich, but they've also beat NEC and Cortland. Shouldn't the NEC win count for booth teams? Just curious, and yes I know it's your opinion...blah blah blah.

Blah, blah, blah .... do your research first. Take a deep breath...blow it out.... now relax. It's still early in the season. RIT will get its' due. When Norwich played Castleton , Castleton was a .500 team. When RIT played Cortland, Cortland was 0-1, 0.000 after playing RIT, Cortland is now 0-3 still 0.000 you are 0-2 in challenges, still at 0.000

Comment

You havve to consider teams records at the time games are played not what their record currently is.
                            That's a very odd way to do it, since it unfairly advantages teams that start their seasons later.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                              That's a very odd way to do it, since it unfairly advantages teams that start their seasons later.

Powers &8^]

I'm open for suggestions. What better way to do it? Just an example. (All teams wind up playing about the same amount of games reguardless of when their season starts) say after 16 games into the season a team is at .500 . They lost their first 8 games going 0-8 and at .0.00. They win their next 8 games putting them at 8-8 and .500. After establishing themselves as a sub .500 team after their first loss, should the next seven teams that beat them be able to say they beat a .500 team early in the season because that team is now currently 8-8 and .500???...NO because through the first 8 games they were 0-8. In the 17th game of the season, if a team beats them, that team can say they beat a .500 team.

Comment

This would have made a a fine preseason poll, but the season is underway. You can have Amherst at #1 as they are the champs, but Middlebury and Trinity and Elmira They're certainly not national champs, at least not yet. There's two JV western teams undefeated at 4-0. This weeks poll is certainly questionable not only for the West but also some of the East picks for top ten. What happened to earning your ranking??

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-iii-...#ixzz14nMPqexA
                                I agree that Trinity should not be there, with the losses in personel(that can't be spelled right) they had. Elmira probably shouldn't be ranked either...but I'm sure the thought is that maybe Oswego isn't that bad..they even picked up votes this week with a 1-2-1 record. And eventhough the east teams get all the credit in the world for beating teams they should, the west didn't beat their weak teams convincingly enough to warrant votes in the poll.
                                UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                                NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                                Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Working...
                                X