Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Women's DIII 2010-2011 Fan Opinion Poll

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    Why? So you can e-mail them and yell at them for voting in some manner that yu disagree with, and likely influencing their vote one way or another (voting the way you want to shut you up, or doing the opposite to spite you)? That, my friend, is why we DON'T know the full list of voters.
    Do you know me? I perceived your response as a rather uncharitable presumption of bad faith regarding what you speculate are my motives. Perhaps I am mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by spike View Post
      Hey, if we don't group you with the pothead, how else do we explain your ranking SNC with nine losses?
      First of all I am not a pothead, the 4&20 is related to something else entirely. It was just last year that someone explained to me the drug reference, I had never heard of it before that.

As to SNC I have no idea what slow j. is up to. But I can tell you that SNC lost several (4?) top players to concussions during the Eau Claire series that they did not have for Stevens Point or until after the break. Since the break they are missing several players including their top two scores until this coming weekend. I am not saying that they would have faired better in the UW River Falls or Inferior weekends, but I'm just sayin.

I do not know, but I believe the coaches poll is made up of the writer, 9 east coaches or SID's, and 5 west coaches or SID's. Why they let 5 west coaches vote at all I can not explain!
      Last edited by 4and20; 01-27-2011, 03:02 PM. Reason: correct some spelling
      4 & 20 The All-American Sister's
      SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by rinky dink View Post
        This just shows that the the people who follow the west teams, know as little about the east teams, as those eastern types who know very little on the west teams. It is unfurtunately difficult to really follow the teams, except looking at box scores, that is soooo imperfect, as there are many things that impact every game.

While I appreciate the comments by GoJackets and 4and20 about the west, you have to really discount many of the opinions on the east teams, because they do not watch the games, they only read box scores, which anyone can do. If they do watch, I am surprised by their comments.
        It is a FAN Opinion Poll. I don't rank some teams unless I think they really deserve it and then I discount that generally because I dislike the coach (Middlebury), players, parents, or school or fan(s) (Inferior).

Please refresh my memory where I have made comments on east teams that I need to defend. And I have seen Trinity play twice this season along with 3 of the NCHA teams (5 games) and half the MIAC (8 games). I have also made three trips out east in the past to attend games so I have seen eatern school play in there own rinks. How many times have you been out west to see any games?
        SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by 4and20 View Post
          First of all I am not a pothead, the 4&20 is related to something else entirely. It was just last year that someone explained to me the drug reference, I had never heard of it before that.
          My assumption was something about blackbirds baked in a pie. I assume the drug reference is obscure to someone over the age of 60, because I don't see one.
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by RJDJR View Post
            Do you know me? I perceived your response as a rather uncharitable presumption of bad faith regarding what you speculate are my motives. Perhaps I am mistaken.
            I can't possibly know your motives. Nor could Derek, even if he were capable of providing the information. In that case it is best to err on the side of caution and withhold the information. What's more, even if they are not your motives - and I do not automatically assume that they are - it is highly probable that someone with such motives would find and use that information to that end were it to be posted on this public forum.

Those seem like pretty solid reasons to neither post the information here nor provide it to you in a more secure manner. If I had the list (which I don't), I would not give you a single name, except perhaps that of Mr. Derek Dunning, Asst. SID of Norwich University.
            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

I was jokin with the pothead comment because of your name. Ii Know the meanng of your name. I find it hilarious that you hold yourdislike of me aganst superior.
              UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
              NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
              Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Fan Opinion Poll January 28, 2010

Rank | Team | (1st Votes) Pts | Previous Rank

1. RIT (7) 88 2
                2. River Falls (2) 78 1
                3. Plattsburgh 73 3
                4. Norwich 55 4
                5. Amherst 50 5
                6. Middlebury 43 9
                7. Elmira 33 7
                7. Gustavus 33 8
                9. Trinity 25 6
                10. Manhattanville 10 10

Superior 7

East Top 5

Rank | Team
                1. RIT
                2. Plattsburgh
                3. Norwich
                4. Amherst
                5. Middlebury

West Top 5

Rank | Team
                1. River Falls
                2. Gustavus
                3. Superior
                4. ?
                5. ?
                RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

How about some love for Concordia University-Wisconsin? Six of their losses happened before Thanksgiving and had a very difficult start to the season. They just knocked off UW Superior tonight and also have defeated Adrian and are currently third in the NCHA. Jim's done a great job building this program the past few years, a program on the grow.

Comment

Originally posted by thebrain View Post
                    How about some love for Concordia University-Wisconsin? Six of their losses happened before Thanksgiving and had a very difficult start to the season. They just knocked off UW Superior tonight and also have defeated Adrian and are currently third in the NCHA. Jim's done a great job building this program the past few years, a program on the grow.
                    This weekend will get them noticed...but will just provide more fodder for the eastern folks to say how much the west sucks
                    UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                      This weekend will get them noticed...but will just provide more fodder for the eastern folks to say how much the west sucks

If you're honest with yourself, our NCHA is probably the "toughest" conference in the country. However, unless there's an exception this year, The best teams are generally from the east. They would probably beat the west 7 or 8 times out of 10. Might be different if the girls from MN, WI, Il and Mi would stay in the NCHA or MIAC instead of bolstering the Easts teams.

Comment

2010-2011 Fan Poll January 31, 2011 from the "Pothead"

1. UW River Falls
                        2. RIT
                        3. Plattsburgh
                        4. Norwich
                        5. Amherst
                        6. Elmira
                        7. Gustavus
                        8. Trinity
                        9. Middlebury
                        10 Manhattanville

Comment

2010-2011 Fan Poll January 31, 2011 from the "Pothead"
                          The "pie baker"
                          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I pick Bowdoin as the best team that will not be ranked this season
                            Mark it 8, Dude

Comment

Originally posted by nbound View Post
                              If you're honest with yourself, our NCHA is probably the "toughest" conference in the country. However, unless there's an exception this year, The best teams are generally from the east. They would probably beat the west 7 or 8 times out of 10. Might be different if the girls from MN, WI, Il and Mi would stay in the NCHA or MIAC instead of bolstering the Easts teams.
                              I'm well aware of that...if comparative results mean anything, which they generally don't....RIT, Plattsburgh would have their way with River Falls...based on the Adrian results.

This weeks poll will be difficult
                              UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

1. Middlebury
                                2. RIT
                                3. River Falls
                                4. Plattsburgh
                                5. Norwich