3. Plattsburgh
      4. Norwich
      5. Gustavus
      6. Amherst
      7. Elmira
      8. Superior
      9. Trinity
      10. St Norbert
      St. Norbert? 1-3-2 since the break? Why not Wisconsin-Eau Claire?

Comment

• Re: Women's DIII 2010-2011 Fan Opinion Poll

Code:
        USCHO.com Division III Women's Poll
        Minneapolis, Minn./January 24, 2011

Team         (First Place)  Record   Pts  Last Week
         1 RIT                   (14)  17-0-2   149     1
         2 Wisconsin-River Falls ( 1)  15-0-1   132     2
         3 Plattsburgh                 12-2-3   120     4
         4 Norwich                     12-3-1   108     3
         5 Amherst                     10-4-2    86     5
         6 Elmira                      13-4-2    65     5
         7 Gustavus Adolphus           10-2-1    53     8
         7 Middlebury                  10-3-1    53     9
         9 Trinity                     10-2-4    29     7
        10 Manhattanville              11-4-1    15    10
        10 Wisconsin-Superior          11-3-4    15    NR

Others Receiving Votes: none

The USCHO.com Poll is compiled weekly and consists of 15 voters, including 14 coaches of Division III programs and one women's hockey writer. USCHO.com provides in-depth coverage of college hockey.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

1. RIT
          2. Plattsburgh
          3. UWRF
          4. Amherst
          5. Middlebury
          6. Norwich
          7. Elmira
          8. Gustavus
          9. Manhattanville
          10. UWS

Comment

Originally posted by spike View Post
            Based upon the above quote it is obvious that you feel it appropriate to question other people's polls, so here's a question for you. You retain Trinity in th 4 spot for the 2nd straight week despite a loss and tie in Maine. Whats up with that?
            Trinity, and I offer this as backround, not an excuse, did have a weird week prior to the Maine trip. A woman on the team's brother passed away and the team made an unexpected trip to the Buffalo area for the funeral. So, bus Hartford to Buffalo, back to Hartford and then on to Waterville; not the best pre-weekend prep, but pretty classy of the coach. I did not see their Colby game, but they did not play their best hockey (and I have seen them beat Manhattanville and Norwich) against Bowdoin on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
              Trinity, and I offer this as backround, not an excuse, did have a weird week prior to the Maine trip. A woman on the team's brother passed away and the team made an unexpected trip to the Buffalo area for the funeral. So, bus Hartford to Buffalo, back to Hartford and then on to Waterville; not the best pre-weekend prep, but pretty classy of the coach. I did not see their Colby game, but they did not play their best hockey (and I have seen them beat Manhattanville and Norwich) against Bowdoin on Sunday.
              You are preaching to the choir with me, Bear. I love the Bantams, and I think they did a real classy thing going to Buffalo. I did drop them a slot in my poll. It just seems so random when GoJackets questions why others list teams the way they do and then he puts Trinity at #4.

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
                I did not know about their crazy travel week. What a classy coach and what great support by the team. I am going to slightly revise my list, so Mania, please disregard my previous poll and use the below as my offering this week:

1. RIT
                2. Plattsburgh
                3. UWRF
                4. Amherst
                5. Middlebury
                6. Norwich
                7. Elmira
                8. Gustavus
                9. Trinity
                10. Manhattanville

This will be a big week for Trinity hosting Middlebury on Saturday.

Comment

2010-2011 Fan Poll January 24, 2011

1. UW River Falls
                  2. RIT
                  3. Plattsburgh
                  4. Norwich
                  5. Gustavus
                  6. Amherst
                  7. Elmira
                  8. Trinity
                  9. Manhattanville
                  10 Middlebury
                  4 & 20 The All-American Sister's
                  SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

Comment

1. RIT
                    2. Plattsburgh
                    3. Norwich
                    4. Amherst
                    5. Middlebury
                    6. UWRF
                    7. Elmira
                    8. Trinity
                    9. Gustavus
                    10. Manhattanville

Comment

Somewhat tangentially off topic, but can someone enlighten the uninformed, such as myself, who the people/coaches/muckity-mucks (and their positions) are that make up the voting panel for the USCHO rankings for DIII Women's hockey? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by RJDJR View Post
                        Somewhat tangentially off topic, but can someone enlighten the uninformed, such as myself, who the people/coaches/muckity-mucks (and their positions) are that make up the voting panel for the USCHO rankings for DIII Women's hockey? Thanks!
                        The USCHO.com Poll is compiled weekly and consists of 15 voters, including 14 coaches of Division III programs and one women's hockey writer. USCHO.com provides in-depth coverage of college hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by rinky dink View Post
                          1. RIT
                          2. Plattsburgh
                          3. Norwich
                          4. Amherst
                          5. Middlebury
                          6. UWRF
                          7. Elmira
                          8. Trinity
                          9. Gustavus
                          10. Manhattanville
                          this one is just funny to look at. i realize that i may be biased towards UWRF and haven't followed any other teams really since the return from break, but i just don't see how RF can even be considered to be 6th except for the fact that they're from the west
                          haters gonna hate

Comment

Originally posted by LadyFalconsFan View Post
                            this one is just funny to look at. i realize that i may be biased towards UWRF and haven't followed any other teams really since the return from break, but i just don't see how RF can even be considered to be 6th except for the fact that they're from the west
                            Perhaps as funny as GoJackets not ranking Middlebury anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by LadyFalconsFan View Post
                              I was wondering if anyone was going to comment. I was just balancing the bias from Gojackets and 4and20 who are so west biased. Just having some fun.....

Comment

Originally posted by rinky dink View Post
                                I was wondering if anyone was going to comment. I was just balancing the bias from Gojackets and 4and20 who are so west biased. Just having some fun.....
                                I am hurt and offended that anyone would put me in the same group with slow jackets from Inferior. And how can you say I am biased when I only have two(2) west teams in the top ten(10)? I have seen the University of Wisconsin River Falls play this season and it is the best team UWRF has ever had. I am sure who ever from the west makes it to the semi finals they will lose to a better eastern school as always. But my questions is if the eastern hockey is so darn good why is everyone always complaining about how poor the officiating is? I mean aren't there any former great hockey players that know how to ref out there?
                                4 & 20 The All-American Sister's
                                SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X