Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women's DIII 2010-2011 Fan Opinion Poll

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Women's DIII 2010-2011 Fan Opinion Poll

    Originally posted by gojackets View Post
    Been trying not to comment on Polls this season...but how do you have Stevens Point above Lake Forest when on Tuesday LF 2 UWSP 1??
    probably because 8-1 still looks better than 6-2-1

    Comment


    • Re: Women's DIII 2010-2011 Fan Opinion Poll

      Code:
      USCHO.com Division III Women's Poll
      Minneapolis, Minn./December 6, 2010
      
         Team         (First Place)  Record   Pts  Last Week
       1 RIT                   (12)  12-0-0   147     1
       2 Plattsburgh           ( 2)   6-0-0   134     2
       3 Wisconsin-River Falls ( 1)   8-0-0    99     6
       4 Amherst                      3-2-1    94     3
       5 Norwich                      7-2-0    91     5
       6 Middlebury                   6-0-0    86     7
       7 Gustavus Adolphus            7-1-0    77     4
       8 Trinity                      3-1-1    33     8
       9 Elmira                       7-2-1    24    10
      10 Wisconsin-Stevens Point      8-1-0    18     9
      
      Others Receiving Votes: Lake Forest 14, Adrian 4, 
      St. Thomas 3, St. Mary's 1
      
      The USCHO.com Poll is compiled weekly and consists of 15 voters, including 14 coaches of Division III programs and one women's hockey writer. USCHO.com provides in-depth coverage of college hockey.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

      Comment


      • Re: Women's DIII 2010-2011 Fan Opinion Poll

        Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        Code:
        USCHO.com Division III Women's Poll
        Minneapolis, Minn./December 6, 2010
        
           Team         (First Place)  Record   Pts  Last Week
         1 RIT                   (12)  12-0-0   147     1
         2 Plattsburgh           ( 2)   6-0-0   134     2
         3 Wisconsin-River Falls ( 1)   8-0-0    99     6
         4 Amherst                      3-2-1    94     3
         5 Norwich                      7-2-0    91     5
         6 Middlebury                   6-0-0    86     7
         7 Gustavus Adolphus            7-1-0    77     4
         8 Trinity                      3-1-1    33     8
         9 Elmira                       7-2-1    24    10
        10 Wisconsin-Stevens Point      8-1-0    18     9
        
        Others Receiving Votes: Lake Forest 14, Adrian 4, 
        St. Thomas 3, St. Mary's 1
        
        The USCHO.com Poll is compiled weekly and consists of 15 voters, including 14 coaches of Division III programs and one women's hockey writer. USCHO.com provides in-depth coverage of college hockey.
        This makes no sense to me. Who votes again? UWSP lost to Lake Forest. Gustavus lost to St. Thomas. Both of their losses are to unranked teams. Trinity and Amherst stay in the top 10 because their losses (and ties) were to ranked teams. Lake Forest has two losses - but they are against the #3 team in the country. Sure, they have a tie against CSS but Elmira has a tie against Oswego and LF also has a win against a ranked team (UWSP was #9 when they beat them). I will never understand these rankings as it always appears to be name recognition and nothing else. That's why St. Kates was never ranked last year and it took Amherst a few years to be recognized as a top team in the rankings. Whoever is a part of this system needs to start ranking teams based on recent progress and nothing else. There's my rant for the day

        Comment


        • Re: Women's DIII 2010-2011 Fan Opinion Poll

          Originally posted by pucko View Post


          This makes no sense to me. Who votes again? UWSP lost to Lake Forest. Gustavus lost to St. Thomas. Both of their losses are to unranked teams. Trinity and Amherst stay in the top 10 because their losses (and ties) were to ranked teams. Lake Forest has two losses - but they are against the #3 team in the country. Sure, they have a tie against CSS but Elmira has a tie against Oswego and LF also has a win against a ranked team (UWSP was #9 when they beat them). I will never understand these rankings as it always appears to be name recognition and nothing else. That's why St. Kates was never ranked last year and it took Amherst a few years to be recognized as a top team in the rankings. Whoever is a part of this system needs to start ranking teams based on recent progress and nothing else. There's my rant for the day
          And you criticized me for questioning Middlebury being ranked last year!! Didn't the RIT men get votes in the D3 poll after they moved to D1?
          UWS Ladyjackets

          NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
          NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
          Frozen Four Participants: 2008

          Comment


          • Re: Women's DIII 2010-2011 Fan Opinion Poll

            I don't remember criticizing you but if I did, I apologize. It must be the insanity of it all that got to me! And that would not surprise me about the RIT men getting votes after they moved to D1. I'm sure the same will happen for the women if they move to D1.

            Comment


            • Re: Women's DIII 2010-2011 Fan Opinion Poll

              Second week in a row of a poor job by the voters (no offense to a certain asst. SID, as I'm sure I would have agreed with whatever it was he had, because I know they couldn't have been this bad). Seriously, as with Trinity, I wish the Islanders could got 0-1-1 every week from here on out and still make the playoffs. Wouldn't that be nice. I get it. They lost to Amherst and then tied. Amherst got swept last week. So a tie against a team that is 1-2-1 over the last two weeks. How long does the "defending national champion" tag-line work before it becomes non-essential in analyzing head-to-head records?

              Comment


              • Re: Women's DIII 2010-2011 Fan Opinion Poll

                Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                And you criticized me for questioning Middlebury being ranked last year!! Didn't the RIT men get votes in the D3 poll after they moved to D1?
                Yes. IIRC it was the pre-season poll, RIT got one vote.
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

                Comment


                • Re: Women's DIII 2010-2011 Fan Opinion Poll

                  Originally posted by pucko View Post
                  I don't remember criticizing you but if I did, I apologize. It must be the insanity of it all that got to me! And that would not surprise me about the RIT men getting votes after they moved to D1. I'm sure the same will happen for the women if they move to D1.
                  oh for some reason i thought pres had written that...i don't remember if you did
                  UWS Ladyjackets

                  NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                  NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                  Frozen Four Participants: 2008

                  Comment


                  • Re: Women's DIII 2010-2011 Fan Opinion Poll

                    I stopped reading when I saw Wisconsin River Falls in 3rd...

                    They even have a little frown thingy beside it...almost like they knew, eh?

                    http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-iii-womens-poll/

                    Comment


                    • Re: Women's DIII 2010-2011 Fan Opinion Poll

                      Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                      I stopped reading when I saw Wisconsin River Falls in 3rd...

                      They even have a little frown thingy beside it...almost like they knew, eh?

                      http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-iii-womens-poll/
                      Seriously. How do you go from 6 to 3 because of one loss from the other west team and a 1-0-1 weekend by another? Ties NEVER affect anything in this poll, why is it starting now?

                      Comment


                      • Re: Women's DIII 2010-2011 Fan Opinion Poll

                        Originally posted by nyi19 View Post
                        Seriously. How do you go from 6 to 3 because of one loss from the other west team and a 1-0-1 weekend by another? Ties NEVER affect anything in this poll, why is it starting now?
                        Check out the recent (late via compu-wiz) developments... regarding Appalachian State vs Westerm Illinois in the BCS Football Rankings and it's effect on LSU and Boise State and their rankings....the answers to all of this are hidden in there somewhere.

                        Comment


                        • Re: Women's DIII 2010-2011 Fan Opinion Poll

                          Originally posted by nyi19 View Post
                          Seriously. How do you go from 6 to 3 because of one loss from the other west team and a 1-0-1 weekend by another? Ties NEVER affect anything in this poll, why is it starting now?
                          Its not that hard to figure out is it. All of the teams above them stumble and they moved above them. Amherst in 3rd, stumbled with the tie to Trinity, Gustavus at 4 lost to an unranked team, Norwich lost. River Falls won. I don't see the big shocker in them moving up to 3rd..except of course the eastern ego coming into play.

                          There are only 4 undefeated teams in the country...1,2,3 and Middlebury at 7(who wasn't ranked at the beginning of the year(right?) and have had some "close" calls with much more inferior teams. We'll know more about them early Jan.

                          and it could be something as simple as a different ballot was counted this week than before.
                          Last edited by gojackets; 12-06-2010, 07:35 PM.
                          UWS Ladyjackets

                          NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                          NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                          Frozen Four Participants: 2008

                          Comment


                          • Re: Women's DIII 2010-2011 Fan Opinion Poll

                            Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                            Its not that hard to figure out is it. All of the teams above them stumble and they moved above them. Amherst in 3rd, stumbled with the tie to Trinity, Gustavus at 4 lost to an unranked team, Norwich lost. River Falls won. I don't see the big shocker in them moving up to 3rd..except of course the eastern ego coming into play.

                            There are only 4 undefeated teams in the country...1,2,3 and Middlebury at 7(who wasn't ranked at the beginning of the year(right?) and have had some "close" calls with much more inferior teams. We'll know more about them early Jan.

                            and it could be something as simple as a different ballot was counted this week than before.
                            Replace ego with history and your off to the races...

                            Comment


                            • Re: Women's DIII 2010-2011 Fan Opinion Poll

                              Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                              Its not that hard to figure out is it. All of the teams above them stumble and they moved above them. Amherst in 3rd, stumbled with the tie to Trinity, Gustavus at 4 lost to an unranked team, Norwich lost. River Falls won. I don't see the big shocker in them moving up to 3rd..except of course the eastern ego coming into play.

                              There are only 4 undefeated teams in the country...1,2,3 and Middlebury at 7(who wasn't ranked at the beginning of the year(right?) and have had some "close" calls with much more inferior teams. We'll know more about them early Jan.

                              and it could be something as simple as a different ballot was counted this week than before.
                              I mean, I'm not "surprised" they moved up, necessarily. I'm just wondering why a tie would affect Amherst when ties rarely, if ever, mean anything to these pollsters, especially when it's coming against another ranked team, who is still ranked despite a 6-2 loss! So why should the tie matter now?

                              Comment


                              • Re: Women's DIII 2010-2011 Fan Opinion Poll

                                Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                                Replace ego with history and your off to the races...
                                last I checked, history has nothing to do what happens this year.
                                UWS Ladyjackets

                                NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                                NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                                Frozen Four Participants: 2008

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X