Boston University Women's Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston University Women's Hockey

I was over at Walter Brown on Friday and the new ice, boards, glass and lighting all look great. Here is a picture from the Boston University Women's Ice Hockey Facebook page. There are also 15 pictures of the rink being renovated.

*****http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs146.ash2/40643_140987925935883_120486101319399_255389_76658 94_n.jpg******

I'm looking forward to the banner raisings on 15 October (and the rest of the season as well).

Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
    BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Re: Boston University Women's Hockey

Might want to save some room because with the players that BU is bringing in...they are going to be a formidable team in the NCAA. I will go on record and say that the West's reign on the National Championship is coming to an end...but don't quote me on that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brokentwigg View Post
      I will go on record and say that the West's reign on the National Championship is coming to an end...but don't quote me on that!!!
      Ooops. Just did.

Comment

Best of Luck to Coach Durocher and the Lady Terriers ! Bring home the big prize this year !
        Boston University Hockey
        NCAA Champions - 71-72-78-95-09
        NCAA Final Four - 50-51-53-60-66-67-71-72
        74-75-76-77-78-90-91-93-94-95-96-97-09
        ECAC Champions - 72-74-75-76-77
        Hockey East Champions - 86-91-94-95-97-06-09
        Beanpot Champions - 58-66-67-68-70-71-72-73
        75-78-79-82-86-87-90-91-92-95-96-97-98-99-00-02-03-05-06-07-09

Comment

Might want to save some room because with the players that BU is bringing in...they are going to be a formidable team in the NCAA. I will go on record and say that the West's reign on the National Championship is coming to an end...but don't quote me on that!!!
          Probably should have happened last season, the reign thing. At least two teams over here now that could get the job done, one virtually unchanged.

Comment

Originally posted by dontyelldad View Post
            Ooops. Just did.

DOH...

Comment

Originally posted by bu3puckster View Post
              Best of Luck to Coach Durocher and the Lady Terriers ! Bring home the big prize this year !
              Coach Durocher is a class act. One of the best. Anyone that has a chance to send their daughter to play for him is certain in making the right choice. My daughter plays for one of "those" teams from the West, no regrets but if we had to do it over again we would have chosen BU because of Couch Durocher.

Comment

Sound a little like the New York Jets.
                "to someday be face to face with the maker"

Comment

Preseason Poll

Hockey East released the preseason coaches’ poll yesterday and BU was picked to win the league. Six coaches picked BU first and the seventh picked them second. The heat is on and the pressure is building; I hope that the team can handle it and exceed expectations. I will get my first look at the team Saturday when they play an exhibition game vs. Windsor.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                  NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

I'm hoping that Brian enjoyed last season, as he was able to come in as the dark horse and have a great run to the HE crown.....now he'll have to deal with the pressure that having "a boat" and the target on their back's bring along with it....Brian is up to it cause he was when he was in the nets, now we'll see about team vs. individual talents....should be fun....if only BU would get rid of the red.......

Comment

Exhibition Game vs Windsor

I was at the exhibition game today vs Windsor and I was very impressed with the “new” Walter Brown Arena. With new lights, glass, boards and ice it is a totally different experience. I was also very please that despite the high temperature and humidity today there was no problem inside the arena.

As for the game, BU scored 12 seconds in, but just 1:09 later they gave it back when Alissa Fromkin was unable to control the puck and left it sitting in the crease for an easy stuff in. However, after that all three goalies played well and stopped the 19 additional shots put on net by the Lancers. I was most impressed by Kerrin Sperry in the second, as I thought she was tested slightly more than the other two. I was also pleased by the play of fellow freshman Braly Hiller in the third, who only had to make five saves.

Despite the not having arguably the top two defensemen dressed, I liked the play of the six that were dressed. They usually were in position, broke up rushes, got to loose pucks and cleared the pucks away from the net. They also did a good job of keeping the puck in the offensive zone, thereby maintaining pressure on Windsor’s defense and goalie. I also liked the play of the forwards, despite missing arguably the top three forwards. I was especially impressed by the puck handling and crisp passing of the players. I can only hope that it continues for the rest of the season.

I am looking forward to the home opener on 15 October and the raising of the first women’s banners to the roof of Walter Brown Arena.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                      NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Gallery from yesterday's game - http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20102011...5/other-bu.php

-Melissa

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                        HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                        HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

BU heads out to North Dakota this weekend, and hopefully we'll get to see their true potential. It'll be awesome to integrate the 5 Canadians that were missing on saturday into what already looks like a very competitive team. If all goes well, Campbell and Ward will be cleared to play. It should be a very interesting game. North Dakota's biggest threats are the Lamoureux sisters, who will most certainly test BU's defense. Should be good opening series for BU.
                          Bleed Scarlet.

Comment

Originally posted by BB411 View Post
                            BU heads out to North Dakota this weekend, and hopefully we'll get to see their true potential. It'll be awesome to integrate the 5 Canadians that were missing on saturday into what already looks like a very competitive team. If all goes well, Campbell and Ward will be cleared to play. It should be a very interesting game. North Dakota's biggest threats are the Lamoureux sisters, who will most certainly test BU's defense. Should be good opening series for BU.
                            I know Campbell was out due to lingering concussion symptoms but what was Ward's story? Noticed she also missed Canada's NT camp so the injury must have been pretty serious?

Comment

What a treat to turn on the t.v. in Anchorage, Alaska and see the BU/North Dakota women's game is on! Looks like a good turn out. Best of luck to both teams!

Comment

Working...
                              X