Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Conference Will Claim the NCAA Champion in 6 Months?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Conference Will Claim the NCAA Champion in 6 Months?

Time for a stupid poll, and who better to author such things. From which of the 4 conferences will the National Collegiate champ crowned next March appear?
    CHA -- first in the collating sequence counts for something
    13.98%
    ECAC -- they are due
    17.20%
    HEA -- all that power from men's hockey bleeds over
    22.58%
    WCHA -- the more things change, the more they stay the same
    46.24%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by ARM; 03-15-2010, 09:29 AM. Reason: Changed "NCAA" to "National Collegiate" in title
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Re: Which Conference Will Claim the NCAA Champion in 6 Months?

Why is the Freddie Meyer conference not included?

Comment

You might as well have named this poll "Which conference has the most fans posting on USCHO.com?"
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
        Why is the Freddie Meyer conference not included?
        I thought about including an "Other" for NAHA and anyone pulling a UMD and winning a championship only to vacate it later. But since this isn't the Cafe, I'm not bound by Cafe rules.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
          I thought about including an "Other" for NAHA and anyone pulling a UMD and winning a championship only to vacate it later. But since this isn't the Cafe, I'm not bound by Cafe rules.

true, but IT is a universal rule.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            You might as well have named this poll "Which conference has the most fans posting on USCHO.com?"
            I agree but I did vote for WCHA even though I am a CHA fan. I just can't see Mercyhurst or anyone from the CHA winning it this year and as long as the WCHA keeps winning it,who am I to think it won't happen again.
            "If you're satisfied with being good, you'll never be great"

"heck, you go to some D-III hockey games and a Steven Segal Chinese stick fight breaks out,....." by Camman15

2009-2010 Regular Season Atlantic Hockey Pick-em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by MICZamboni View Post
              I agree but I did vote for WCHA even though I am a CHA fan. I just can't see Mercyhurst or anyone from the CHA winning it this year and as long as the WCHA keeps winning it,who am I to think it won't happen again.
              Way to early to say for sure but at this stage if any team should be considered as the favorite you would have to say Wisconsin. If they stumble then the race could be wide open for another team, WCHA or otherwise, to step up and win it.

(sure hope that this is the case!)
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

You should have specified D-I.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                  You should have specified D-I.
                  Technically, there isn't an NCAA D-I champion. But you're right, I should have included "Collegiate Champion" so as not to confuse everyone who saw the title and automatically assumed it pertained to D-III.

Comment

The CHA might earn a few more votes in this poll after this weekend's success. I LOVE IT!!!
                    "If you're satisfied with being good, you'll never be great"

"heck, you go to some D-III hockey games and a Steven Segal Chinese stick fight breaks out,....." by Camman15

2009-2010 Regular Season Atlantic Hockey Pick-em Champion

Comment

Noncon records so far (ex. Sacred Heart, 1-0 ECAC, 2-0 HE):
                      ECAC 2-1-2
                      CHA 4-4-1
                      HEA 1-1-3
                      WCHA 3-4-2

Is this the first season-opening weekend the WCHA has ever had a losing record? But certainly this a new standard for parity among the conferences. Going to be a lot of movement in the polls all year, and wouldn't be surprised to see a team at .500 in January in the Frozen Four again.

Comment

Until another conference does win I have to stick with the WCHA... ask again in January!

UMD#1

View Through My Lens.Net

UMD Game Photos

UMD Women's Hockey Fans Page

Comment

Originally posted by dave1381 View Post
                          WCHA 3-4-2

Is this the first season-opening weekend the WCHA has ever had a losing record?
                          Not over yet, Minnesota plays Syracuse in about 40 minutes.
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by dave1381 View Post
                            Noncon records so far (ex. Sacred Heart, 1-0 ECAC, 2-0 HE):
                            ECAC 2-1-2
                            CHA 4-4-1
                            HEA 1-1-3
                            WCHA 3-4-2

Is this the first season-opening weekend the WCHA has ever had a losing record? But certainly this a new standard for parity among the conferences. Going to be a lot of movement in the polls all year, and wouldn't be surprised to see a team at .500 in January in the Frozen Four again.
                            Well, Mn's win over SU gets the WCHA to 500 right?

Comment

Originally posted by oldfan View Post
                              Well, Mn's win over SU gets the WCHA to 500 right?
                              Technically you're right, but wasn't it so much more fun relishing the idea of a losing record, instead?
                              Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Working...
                              X