Yale's Mandi Schwartz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale's Mandi Schwartz

It would now be especially fitting if Miss Hughes were to win the Hockey Humanitarian Award:

Aleca Hughes, Yale University

Aleca has given of herself to help save the lives of others, especially teammate Mandi Schwartz (the sister of St. Louis Blues 2010 first round draft pick Jaden Schwartz), who has been battling with leukemia for over two years. Aleca and her teammates have organized two record setting Bone Marrow Transplant drives that added 1,600 potential donors to the National Marrow Donor Program’s “Be The Match” registry. She also organized other fundraisers for Mandi, two of which helped raise over $22,000 for Mandi and her family. A junior forward from Westwood, Mass., Aleca is a top student who has earned ECAC all-academic team honors in each of her first two years.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...#post_comments
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Rest in peace Mandi....my condolences to Rick, Carol, Rylan, and Jaden.

This was a very brave lady we ( the hockey world) lost! Please say a prayer for her and her family today.
      Play hard, play fair

The Diceman

www.network54.com/Forum/283026

Comment

My condolences to her family and those affected by this sad and prematured departure. May she rest in peace.

Comment

My condolences to Mandi's family. Maybe the college hockey community can name an award after her, like the Mandi Schwartz Hockey Humanitarian Award?
          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

My condolences to the Schwartz family.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Condolences

Originally posted by jericho View Post
              My condolences to Mandi's family. Maybe the college hockey community can name an award after her, like the Mandi Schwartz Hockey Humanitarian Award?
              I'm sure Yale will make sure she's remembered, and name a team award after her.

Comment

Originally posted by dave1381 View Post
                Condolences

I'm sure Yale will make sure she's remembered, and name a team award after her.
                A week ago Yale announced that they were naming their annual bone marrow drive for Mandi.
                Mandi Schwartz Marrow Donor Registry Drive at Yale
                Facebook

Comment

My condolences to the Schwartzes and the Yale and Colorado College communities. RIP Mandi.
                  Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

A devasting and heartbreaking loss of one so young and with such promise. May you now rest in peace Mandi. Heartfelt condolences to her family and fiance. She was truly one of a kind, such a selfless and inspiring individual to all those she touched. We can only now hope that many others may be saved as a result of the incredible efforts she inspired across the continent.

Comment

The Funeral is Friday April 8th at 1:00pm at Athol Murray College of Notre Dame in Wilcox Saskatchewan.

The service will be in the school Gym which is located in the Kenny Hall building as well as being piped into the church. We are not sure just how many people will arrive here as she touched the hearts of many.
                      Play hard, play fair

The Diceman

www.network54.com/Forum/283026

Comment

RIP. My prayers are with you.
                        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by Trillium View Post
                          A devasting and heartbreaking loss of one so young and with such promise. May you now rest in peace Mandi. Heartfelt condolences to her family and fiance. She was truly one of a kind, such a selfless and inspiring individual to all those she touched. We can only now hope that many others may be saved as a result of the incredible efforts she inspired across the continent.
                          Amen. Condolences to the Schwartz family, Mandi's friends and the Yale community especially her teammates and coaches. As Trillium says, hopefully others can be saved through the outstanding efforts of her supporters.

Comment

I struggled yesterday to know how to feel when I read the news that Mandi had lost her fight after battling so hard to overcome insurmountable odds. Today, I could not help thinking of a poem a friend of mine sent after she lost her puppy; one that I had bred and raised. Roxie was a beautiful puppy in a litter of 11, who, for no apparent reason, became sick early in life with no warning. After three weeks of hands on care and therapy, she began to thrive, and soon she was ready for the big world, and an extended family - her now owners. Roxie's life was tragically cut short soon after meeting her new family - the one she was supposed to learn from, grow up with, and, after a long and wonderful life, die with.

All of the other adoptive families rallied around Roxie's, and it was so evident, through the care that they gave and showed, that Roxie was one special being - one who was never a hardship and who touched so many lives. Roxie's family sent me a card about a week after we lost her, and there is a quote that I read then, will never forget, and have seen in my head all day, and one which I used to associate with Roxie and her family. Although I never had the privilege of meeting Mandi, I would like to pass this on, as I now think of her when I read it.

We can't know why
                            the lily has so brief a time to bloom
                            in the warmth of sunlight's kiss upon its face,
                            Before it folds its fragrance in
                            and bids the world good-night
                            to rest its beauty in a gentler place.
                            But we can know that nothing that is loved is ever lost,
                            and no one who has ever touched a heart
                            can really pass away,
                            because some beauty lingers on
                            in each memory of which they've been a part!
                            By:Ellen Brenneman
                            "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

http://espn.go.com/espnw/blog/_/post...egacy-lives-on

A good read -

Comment

My condolences to Mandy's family, friends and team mates.
                                We all were sure pulling for her recovery.
                                Papulaisle/Jack Patterson

Comment

Working...
                                X