2009-2010 New Hampshire Wildcats Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009-2010 New Hampshire Wildcats Season

Just a few short days until the 'Cats open their season with an exhibition with the Durham Lightning in... Durham (who's the home team!??! )

Lots of questions coming into the season after losing a great senior class and Wakefield to the Olympics. What can we expect? There are a TON of newcomers including a healthy Skudder.

Obviously the Fenway game in October is exciting, other than that, the non-conference schedule isn't very interesting with no western teams and a load of ECAC teams plus Niagara and Syracuse from the CHA... the pre-season HEA poll has the 'Cats edging out BC. I can see this being a very close year in the league, and I can see the 'Cats taking a couple of months to gel and then putting together a strong run in the league...

Looking forward to checking out Sunday's game after a good football game across the street!

Re: 2009-2010 New Hampshire Wildcats Season

WildShawn - thanks for starting our new in season thread - Can't wait for the season to get underway, but a couple of corrections:

The exhibition vs the Northern Durham is SATURDAY, not Sunday! It would be a shame to wait for nearly six months for the new 'Cats, and miss the first one
    See promo from the Women's homepage:
    Sep 23, 2009

UNH ANNOUNCES WOMEN'S HOCKEY GAME FOR FREE ON UNHWILDCATS.TV
    UNHWILDCATS.TV
    DURHAM, N.H. – The University of New Hampshire athletic department is happy to announce a FREE video streaming event via www.UNHWildcats.tv as part of its fall promotions. The Sept. 26 women's ice hockey exhibition game vs. the Durham Jr. Lightning (Provincial Women’s Hockey League) begins at 5 p.m. at the Whittemore Center.

UNHwildcats.TV will once again feature football, volleyball, hockey, basketball and gymnastics events for the upcoming season. The Wildcat All-Access Pass gives fans the opportunity to watch not only all the live FULL SCREEN coverage of various UNH home athletic events, but also premium content not available to view without the All-Access Pass. The premium content includes a behind-the-scenes look at UNH Athletics through player and coaches interviews, highlights and an in-depth archive section of all video available on UNHwildcats.TV.

Can't make it to the game? Now you can follow the action of UNH Athletics live on your computer. UNH has partnered with Pack Network once again to provide online video streaming of UNH’s seven ticketed sports for the upcoming 2009-10 season.

UNH fans are encouraged to buy the “Wildcat All-Access Pass” which is an annual subscription for $79.95 that provides not only all the live coverage of various UNH home athletic events, but also premium content not available to view without the All-Access Pass. Fans can also purchase home events on a per-game basis for $6.95.

Second - The Fenway game is January 8. With any luck at all, the boys of summer will still need the field in October

Don't write off RPI as a hum-drum OOC game. They had no problem spoiling a couple of otherwise good days in Cambridge, MA last year.
    Last edited by DC78-82; 09-23-2009, 11:35 AM.
    "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

That's not the first time I've made that mistake about this weekend. I told someone I was going to watch the football game up in Durham on Sunday... even though I knew it was Saturday

But my point stands: GO CATS!

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
        Looking forward to checking out Sunday's game after a good football game across the street!
        You too?

9am mimosas (and bacon/eggs) at our tailgate if anybody wants to drop by.
        113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Based on the Season Preview....

Forwards:

Paton
          Long
          Sisk
          Cahill
          Allen
          Skudder
          Clark
          Morrison
          Goloubef
          Horn
          Kleinendorst
          Lavoie

Defense:

Birchard
          Dziengelewski
          Sheary
          Cuthbert
          Adams
          Brock
          Chappell
          Farris

Goal:

Herman
          Minton

Any thoughts as to lines and D pairings?
          113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Continuing the conversation with myself....

Originally posted by freak View Post
            Any thoughts as to lines and D pairings?
            Completely baseless guess:

Long - Paton - Allen
            Horn - Skudder - Kleinendorst
            Lavoie - Cahill - Morrison
            Goloubef - Sisk - Clark

Birchard - Sheary
            Farris - Dziengelewski
            Brock - Cuthbert
            Adams - Chappell

I came up with these lines/pairings by considering several factors. These included the positions listed for the vets most often in box scores from last year, as well as Coach Mac seeming often to have an established vet line and pairing. Long and Paton played together a lot last year, and both Birchard and Sheary were top in the top 2 D-pairings last year.

I figured that Skudder may step into the "Wakefield" role of a finisher down low, although I have no idea if she has, or can play center.

The frosh were scientifically placed based solely on the general impression of their reputation as reported in the few articles that have been posted. That is, to say, their placement has no value whatsoever.

Seriously, though, I did consider the player's shot when trying to place the frosh, as well as vets like Cuthbert who played up front last year.

Thoughts? (I'll get back to myself later)
            113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

NAHA vs UNH??? When did they move NAHA into Canada? I thought playing a US based team was an NCAA violation? Have the rules changed?
              Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

Originally posted by boston buzz View Post
                NAHA vs UNH??? When did they move NAHA into Canada? I thought playing a US based team was an NCAA violation? Have the rules changed?
                UNH is playing the Durham Lightning not NAHA, as has been discussed many times the last month

Comment

Originally posted by boston buzz View Post
                  I thought playing a US based team was an NCAA violation? Have the rules changed?
                  It is..and no. The rule is also one of the stupidest on the books. If an NCAA team can play an "international" team that is not a National team, they should allow them to play US Junior teams like NAHA.

Comment

*****http://www.joshgibney.com/0910unhwhockey/lavgoal1.jpg******
                    first goal of the (exhibition) season first of 2 first period goals for Kristina Lavoie.

UNH leads 4-0 after 1, outshooting Durham Jr. Lightning 25-2

*****http://www.joshgibney.com/0910unhwhockey/lightsave.jpg******

solid glove save for Chantal Bicket

Comment

11-0 after 2, shots 45-3
                      *****http://www.joshgibney.com/0910unhwhockey/horn1.jpg******
                      Kristine Horn battles for the puck in front of the net
                      *****http://www.joshgibney.com/0910unhwhockey/siskgoal.jpg******
                      Shannon Sisk scores on the backhand
                      *****http://www.joshgibney.com/0910unhwhockey/lightsave2.jpg******
                      Bicket with another great save

Comment

13-0 final.

SOG were 61-4 on the scoreboard, but the box score on HEA Online has it as 59-5.

Hard to take much away from this game imo; UNH was just noticeably faster and stronger than Durham. The passing looked good and the frosh showed skills. Farris just has this presence on the ice; I think she's gonna be a good one. Lavoie looked to have great stick skills. Skudder looked like Wakefield out there, and it was hard not to think of Kleinendorst as Faber in that #28. About the same size too.
                        113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

As I expected, my guess at the line combos and d-pairings were nowhere near right.

Long - Paton - Allen
                          Horn - Skudder - Kleinendorst
                          Lavoie - Cahill - Morrison
                          Goloubef - Sisk - Clark

Birchard - Sheary
                          Farris - Dziengelewski
                          Brock - Cuthbert
                          Adams - Chappell
                          Long - Paton - Horn
                          Skudder - Allen - Lavoie
                          Morrison - Cahill - Kleinendorst
                          Clark - Cuthbert - Sisk

Chappell - Sheary
                          Farris - Birchard
                          Dziengelewski - Brock

Is Goloubef hurt? Didn't see her on the ice today.
                          Last edited by freak; 09-26-2009, 06:54 PM.
                          113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

As I expected, my guess at the line combos and d-pairings were nowhere near right.

Long - Paton - Horn
                            Skudder - Allen - Lavoie
                            Morrison - Cahill - Kleinendorst
                            Clark - Cuthbert - Sisk

Chappell - Sheary
                            Farris - Birchard
                            Dziengelewski - Brock

Is Goloubef hurt? Didn't see her on the ice today.
                            Thanks to the realities of math, she was in the stands. Miss Adams is hurt, and word is that she redshirting.

Comment

*****http://i433.***********.com/albums/qq55/hockeyHux/LongScores.jpg******
                              UPSTAIRS WHERE MAMMA KEEPS THE GOOD STUFF!: Micaela Long goes top shelf.

Comment

Working...
                              X