Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2024-2025

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    What do you supposed the NCAA will do? The number of teams affected will be minimal, but the teams that are affected, like Wisconsin, may well be greatly affected. The Olympics themselves take the better part of three weeks, any sort of "centralization" goes on top of that; an additional three weeks? More? Is Wisconsin forced to play six weeks handicapped? Does Wisconsin choose to play six weeks handicapped. Does a player choose to lose six weeks out of a season that will count against their eligibility? Or take the year off anyway?
    This isn't a new issue; see UMD 2001-02. International players have been dealing with this for a while now. Minnesota dealt with it in 2009-10, but with less impact in terms of players involved. The Gophers were the best WCHA team until Raty left for the Olympics, but struggled while she was gone. When she returned, she was worn down physically and mentally, and wasn't at the same level. The situation was similar for the Bulldogs who came back after the Olympics. There's a bit of an Olympic hangover.

    As for the NCAA, it doesn't change anything. The college season is when it is, and teams have to figure out how to schedule their games.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by ARM View Post
      As for the NCAA, it doesn't change anything. The college season is when it is, and teams have to figure out how to schedule their games.
      I'm confident the WCHA will do what they can in the schedule because ultimately they want their teams to make the NCAA tournament so they're going to try and minimize the impact somehow. Maybe the best thing to do is to have the top three teams playing each other during that time period, versus them just playing cupcakes and having the potential to lose is bad for the pairwise.

      Somebody mentioned that the possibility of McNaughton being on the team..... As good as she is I think the goaltending is just too deep on team USA currently to have a spot for her. Unless of course she like has 15 shutouts, a sub 1 gaa and a 98 save percent next year.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

      Comment


      • #78
        Sounds like the goalie dilemma has been solved. hearing Quinn Kuntz will be joining the Badgers
        "Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed" --- Friedrich Nietzche

        Comment


        • #79
          Anybody here anything about where Gervais might end up?

          EDIT: And Sophie too?

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by wheel snipe celly View Post
            Sounds like the goalie dilemma has been solved. hearing Quinn Kuntz will be joining the Badgers
            Somebody is going to have to explain to me how she has any eligibility remaining.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

              I'm confident the WCHA will do what they can in the schedule because ultimately they want their teams to make the NCAA tournament so they're going to try and minimize the impact somehow. Maybe the best thing to do is to have the top three teams playing each other during that time period, versus them just playing cupcakes and having the potential to lose is bad for the pairwise.

              Somebody mentioned that the possibility of McNaughton being on the team..... As good as she is I think the goaltending is just too deep on team USA currently to have a spot for her. Unless of course she like has 15 shutouts, a sub 1 gaa and a 98 save percent next year.
              Yeah, for MacNaughton to jump all but two of Frankel, Hensley, Levy, Rooney, Phillips, etc, etc, she would have to put up one of the legendary seasons in college goaltending. I will be tremendously happy if we've lost her for the Olympics because her 24-25 season won the Patty Kaz.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by wheel snipe celly View Post
                Sounds like the goalie dilemma has been solved. hearing Quinn Kuntz will be joining the Badgers
                Oh, that would be rich.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by BadgerPete View Post

                  Yeah, for MacNaughton to jump all but two of Frankel, Hensley, Levy, Rooney, Phillips, etc, etc, she would have to put up one of the legendary seasons in college goaltending. I will be tremendously happy if we've lost her for the Olympics because her 24-25 season won the Patty Kaz.
                  Add Annelies Bergmann to that list too.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Hat Trick in Utica !! Laila Laila Laila
                    It all starts with the goaltending.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                      Hat Trick in Utica !! Laila Laila Laila
                      She's always been sneaky fast with the long strides, but I saw acceleration that I have not seen before.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Shout out to BadgerPete for keeping our channel name simple and classy.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by Windchill22 View Post
                          Shout out to BadgerPete for keeping our channel name simple and classy.
                          Instead of......Wisconsin Hockey 24-25, Revenge Of The Highschool Recruits & The Old Olympian.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            In projecting LE's point total for next season, I think her pattern of doubling her output is reasonable.......Fr 27pts, So 56pts, Jr 112pts, Sr 224 pts. Maybe the Sr projection is a little low, we'll have to see how it plays out.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

                              Instead of......Wisconsin Hockey 24-25, Revenge Of The Highschool Recruits & The Old Olympian.
                              I was thinking maybe take a page from "Alternate Phil" and friends - Wisconsin Hockey 2024-25: Seven ... We Want More

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                It's too bad the sinners lost out in trying to procure the bestest players in the portal again this year to slOwSU...Or at least according to their expert poster/s you did.

                                But hey...At least you didn't resort to advertising your supposed need for players on social media.

                                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X