Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2024-2025

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by benchwarmer5 View Post

Would definitely be interested in the internal awards as well. I'm sure they have multiple awards that recognize various different roles on the team. Would assume that there is also one for a forward, defense, and rookie of the year. Not sure what else they would do- maybe one for attitude or work ethic? Does anyone know if they ever announce those publicly?
    I know the volleyball team has a post-season "banquet" where they give out awards like that (and I know the men's hockey team has a "7th man" award), but I don't recall ever hearing about anything like that for women's hockey.

Comment

Laila looking very good in Utica in the IIHF, two goals the other night ! Impressive !
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
        Laila looking very good in Utica in the IIHF, two goals the other night ! Impressive !
        That burst of speed she had on I think it was the second goal was more than I've ever seen on ever before.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by benchwarmer5 View Post

Would definitely be interested in the internal awards as well. I'm sure they have multiple awards that recognize various different roles on the team. Would assume that there is also one for a forward, defense, and rookie of the year. Not sure what else they would do- maybe one for attitude or work ethic? Does anyone know if they ever announce those publicly?
          They have never been announced publicly, as far as I know. One year, selected fans were invited to the end-of-year meal and I was lucky enough to be there. But I don't think awards were given out at that time, just the end-of-year gifts for each class member.
          Here's a sad note: and obituary for one of the recognizable fans. https://www.postcrescent.com/obituaries/pwix0780173

Comment

The team’s Instagram account just posted that Grace Bickett from Orono, MN is committing to UW. It doesn’t explicitly say, but I’m assuming it’s for this coming season since she’s currently a HS senior. Fills one of the open D slots!

Comment

Originally posted by Huffpluff View Post
              The team’s Instagram account just posted that Grace Bickett from Orono, MN is committing to UW. It doesn’t explicitly say, but I’m assuming it’s for this coming season since she’s currently a HS senior. Fills one of the open D slots!
              One additional note: if you go looking for it, UW has it posted right now as a "story", meaning it will disappear in 24 hours or so. But Grace has it as a regular Insta post on her page (with a TON of comments in a relatively short time.)

Comment

Bickett was Orono's captain the last two years and put up very nice numbers all four years of HS. This is an intriguing addition

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerPete View Post
                  Bickett was Orono's captain the last two years and put up very nice numbers all four years of HS. This is an intriguing addition
                  So she was uncommitted up to this point?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

So she was uncommitted up to this point?
                    Must have been. She missed her sophomore season due to a knee injury (suffered while playing soccer) which could have been a factor given when players normally commit.
                    Last edited by BadgerPete; 04-08-2024, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Must have been. She missed her sophomore season due to a knee injury (suffered while playing soccer) which could have been a factor given when players normally commit.
                      So a development player like Kotlowski, Rowe or Helgeson. I'm good with that. UW has an excellent history of developing d. I'm still hoping that Kotlowski comes back.

Comment

Maybe our Gopher friends who also pay attention to Minn high school hockey can tell us more.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I'm still hoping that Kotlowski comes back.
                          Kotlowski is not coming back
                          "Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed" --- Friedrich Nietzche

Comment

Originally posted by wheel snipe celly View Post

Kotlowski is not coming back
                            Aww, that's too bad, but I get wanting to move on to the next stages of her life. Best Wishes to her!

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post

Maybe our Gopher friends who also pay attention to Minn high school hockey can tell us more.
                              I'm shocked with all the hockey camps Muzzy has in MN that she didn't scoop her up.

Comment

Originally posted by Windchill22 View Post
                                Aww, that's too bad, but I get wanting to move on to the next stages of her life. Best Wishes to her!
                                Yes I completely agree. IIRC, she had her masters already per the senior night career achievements listed.

Come on Maddy and K-C, re-up and revenge.

Comment

Working...
                                X