Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2024-2025

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

It will be fascinating to see where a former Ms WI Hockey slots into the line-up. She was a C for her HS team and Team WI, I like that a lot. Played 58 games for BSU.

Interestingly I was checking out Halverson and I saw that along with her being a final 6 player of the year candidate, as a Jr, D MacKenzie Jones was also a final 6 player. Cool beans getting another stud MN D, those players are no worries plug and play players as Fr.
    Multiple Minnesota HS writers tabbed Mackenzie Jones as the top recruit out of Minnesota for that year. She'll be in the rotation awfully quick.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadgerPete View Post
      Multiple Minnesota HS writers tabbed Mackenzie Jones as the top recruit out of Minnesota for that year. She'll be in the rotation awfully quick.
      I'll have to check out the spreadsheet when I get home to see Watts D are on the roster next year.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by BadgerPete View Post

No one would have to give up a home game. St. Cloud and Minnesota played five times in 2022-2023, with one of the games being the Hockey Hall of Fame Game in Andover, MN: 2022-23 Women's Hockey Schedule - University of Minnesota Athletics (gophersports.com)
        The Hall of Fame Game is a unique case. It doesn't count against the 34 games teams are allowed to play.

Comment

• News on the Badger coaching front:

For the 14th year (?) in a row, no new coaches need to be hired.

LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
            News on the Badger coaching front: For the 14th year (?) in a row, no new coaches need to be hired. LOL
            I know right? No fires to put out. Same old system and ideology. All it does is win.

Comment

• However Instagram decides what to put onto your screen when you're just scrolling, they showed me this one, from Mekemzie Steffen's account:

Delaney Drake got married this past weekend, and a bunch of teammates were there:

Mekenzie Steffen (@mekenziesteffen) • Instagram photos and videos

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                However Instagram decides what to put onto your screen when you're just scrolling, they showed me this one, from Mekemzie Steffen's account:

Delaney Drake got married this past weekend, and a bunch of teammates were there:

Mekenzie Steffen (@mekenziesteffen) • Instagram photos and videos
                Which sent me down a rabbit hole of WI alum playing overseas.....Pettet and Posick are on the same team. Pettet is the C and Posick is an A, pretty cool. I'd love to know what the day in a life of a player playing in Sweden is like. Do they make enough $$ playing hockey to live off of or do they have to have regular jobs too?

Comment

• Now that it feels like the roster seems to be set, been debating about the potential lineup for next year, thought I would pose it to the forum and see what y'all think. This is what I settled on:

Edwards-O'Brien-Simms
                  McCarthy-Hall-Eden
                  Wozniewicz-Scannel-Enright
                  Gorbatenko-Picard-Halverson
                  Vasseur, Zilisch

Jungels-Harvey
                  Venusio-Potter
                  Kotlowski-Murphy
                  Bickett

McNaughton
                  Kuntz
                  Baker

Top forward group and the Viv-KK pair should remain untouched. Hard to know where to pencil in the freshmen without knowing a ton about them, but I anticipate at least one of them will be in the top-6 forwards and Venusio feels like she'll push for a top-4 D spot. Hopeful for good health so that they can ice the full team this year!

Comment

• Originally posted by awinks View Post

McNaughton
                    Kuntz
                    Baker
                    Do you actually have Kuntz as the #2 goalie on your personal depth chart or is the list you posted just in random order?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                      Do you actually have Kuntz as the #2 goalie on your personal depth chart or is the list you posted just in random order?
                      She has more experience than Baker, so yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

She has more experience than Baker, so yes.
                        I get that's your rational Timothy and how you'd think it makes sense but I was wondering if that's awinks thoughts as well since it was their post.

Comment

I get that's your rational Timothy and how you'd think it makes sense but I was wondering if that's awinks thoughts as well since it was their post.
                          Yes, I have her ahead of Kuntz. This doesn't feel too controversial to me since McNaughton got UW to the title game and allowed only one goal in the title game. And Kuntz, while obviously talented enough to go to tOSU, did not play much so it's tough to know if she is really better than Ava or not. That being said, I would anticipate a potential split at the beginning of the year as that's what Mark has done in the past two seasons.

Comment

Yes, I have her ahead of Kuntz. This doesn't feel too controversial to me since McNaughton got UW to the title game and allowed only one goal in the title game. And Kuntz, while obviously talented enough to go to tOSU, did not play much so it's tough to know if she is really better than Ava or not. That being said, I would anticipate a potential split at the beginning of the year as that's what Mark has done in the past two seasons.
                            Thanks, I was just curious with Kuntz being a former Buckeye where you felt she might fit in the Badgers depth chart. I look forward to next season to see how MJ utilizes her.

Comment

Thanks, I was just curious with Kuntz being a former Buckeye where you felt she might fit in the Badgers depth chart. I look forward to next season to see how MJ utilizes her.

Comment

Yeah next season should be fun! Sorry if that posted like multiple times, still trying to figure out this thing lol

Comment

Working...
                                X