Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2024-2025

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

    Nothing mentioned about it on the conference schedule that was released for next season but I realized that could change. I wonder if it would be against a non conference opponent?
    Reports are the Big Ten will have 3 mens games with Minnesota being the odd team out and a womens game with Big Ten schools being Wisconsin and Ohio State. I'm shocked you have no info of this possibly happening. (wink)

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

      Nothing mentioned about it on the conference schedule that was released for next season but I realized that could change. I wonder if it would be against a non conference opponent?
      From an SI.com story:

      "According to Badger Extra, the Big Ten is planning to have three men's hockey games and one women's hockey game (there is not a Big Ten women's hockey conference) played at the baseball home of the Chicago Cubs in early January 2025.

      The report says the Badgers, Penn State, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, Notre Dame and Ohio State will be involved in the three men's games while the women's contest will feature WCHA powers Wisconsin and Ohio State."

      Report: Wisconsin hockey teams to play at Wrigley Field in 2025

      The rest of it might be accurate, but I'm HIGHLY skeptical about the women's game between OSU and UW. The WCHA has already announced the conference schedule, neither UW-OSU series is anywhere near "early January", and one or the other would have to give up a home game. Both teams have WCHA series scheduled for Jan 10-11, so "early Jan" would mean Jan 3 or 4; and that would mean their first game back from Christmas break.

      I'll believe it when the teams' full schedules are released, and such a game is there.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by robertearle View Post

        From an SI.com story:

        "According to Badger Extra, the Big Ten is planning to have three men's hockey games and one women's hockey game (there is not a Big Ten women's hockey conference) played at the baseball home of the Chicago Cubs in early January 2025.

        The report says the Badgers, Penn State, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, Notre Dame and Ohio State will be involved in the three men's games while the women's contest will feature WCHA powers Wisconsin and Ohio State."

        Report: Wisconsin hockey teams to play at Wrigley Field in 2025

        The rest of it might be accurate, but I'm HIGHLY skeptical about the women's game between OSU and UW. The WCHA has already announced the conference schedule, neither UW-OSU series is anywhere near "early January", and one or the other would have to give up a home game. Both teams have WCHA series scheduled for Jan 10-11, so "early Jan" would mean Jan 3 or 4; and that would mean their first game back from Christmas break.

        I'll believe it when the teams' full schedules are released, and such a game is there.
        Thanks for sharing and I agree with you on being skeptical. If the Badgers are the host team I too would find it hard to believe the WCHA would yank a home game from the end of the regular season schedule or that MJ would be willing to give up home ice advantage at what has been a crucial pivotal point of the season.
        Would they possibly add an extra game between the Badgers and Buckeyes? If they did it would have to be considered a "non conference" so it wouldn't give additional conference points but it would count in the Pairwise and others.

        Comment


        • After some careful consideration since you guys spilled the beans I can make a minor comment without irritating the powers that be. Yes, it looks to be in the works.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by robertearle View Post

            From an SI.com story:

            "According to Badger Extra, the Big Ten is planning to have three men's hockey games and one women's hockey game (there is not a Big Ten women's hockey conference) played at the baseball home of the Chicago Cubs in early January 2025.

            The report says the Badgers, Penn State, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, Notre Dame and Ohio State will be involved in the three men's games while the women's contest will feature WCHA powers Wisconsin and Ohio State."

            Report: Wisconsin hockey teams to play at Wrigley Field in 2025

            The rest of it might be accurate, but I'm HIGHLY skeptical about the women's game between OSU and UW. The WCHA has already announced the conference schedule, neither UW-OSU series is anywhere near "early January", and one or the other would have to give up a home game. Both teams have WCHA series scheduled for Jan 10-11, so "early Jan" would mean Jan 3 or 4; and that would mean their first game back from Christmas break.

            I'll believe it when the teams' full schedules are released, and such a game is there.
            No one would have to give up a home game. St. Cloud and Minnesota played five times in 2022-2023, with one of the games being the Hockey Hall of Fame Game in Andover, MN: 2022-23 Women's Hockey Schedule - University of Minnesota Athletics (gophersports.com)

            Comment


            • MJ should agree to play a game at Wrigley Field when a D1 women's team from Michigan or Michigan State shows up and not a day sooner.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BadgerPete View Post

                No one would have to give up a home game. St. Cloud and Minnesota played five times in 2022-2023, with one of the games being the Hockey Hall of Fame Game in Andover, MN: 2022-23 Women's Hockey Schedule - University of Minnesota Athletics (gophersports.com)
                Weren't Ohio State fans complaining about "seeing the same teams over and over" last year when the drew Duluth in the NCAA tournament? :-)

                Comment


                • Originally posted by robertearle View Post

                  Weren't Ohio State fans complaining about "seeing the same teams over and over" last year when the drew Duluth in the NCAA tournament? :-)
                  Not quite, we were getting tired of beating Wisconsin over and over again.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

                    Not quite, we were getting tired of beating Wisconsin over and over again.
                    4 wins, 2 losses. One of the wins was an OT, with two of the top ten players in the country missing from the UW lineup. Good Lord, man, show a little class.

                    (And yes, you were LOUDLY complaining about drawing Duluth in the NCAAs. Geez....)

                    ----------

                    And BTW: don't you guys claim you would *never* come over to the Wisconsin thread to troll Badger fans when we post something you don't like on the OSU thread?
                    Last edited by robertearle; 06-17-2024, 11:02 AM.

                    Comment


                    • I will say disregard all my assumptions I posted last night, they are all off base.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by robertearle View Post

                        And BTW: don't you guys claim you would *never* come over to the Wisconsin thread to troll Badger fans when we post something you don't like on the OSU thread?
                        Just a harmless poke in good fun. Timothy does it to us all the time and we take it because he's just trying to be funny.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                          Just a harmless poke in good fun. Timothy does it to us all the time and we take it because he's just trying to be funny.
                          No, you guys complain about UW fans coming to your web site and trying to troll. Shall I pull up some quotes in this category for you?

                          You didn't beat Wisconsin "over and over"; you won four and lost two. And one of the wins was an OT game with two of the ten best players in the country missing from the UW lineup.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                            Just a harmless poke in good fun. Timothy does it to us all the time and we take it because he's just trying to be funny.
                            I don't know Watts you are talking about.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by robertearle View Post

                              No, you guys complain about UW fans coming to your web site and trying to troll. Shall I pull up some quotes in this category for you?

                              You didn't beat Wisconsin "over and over"; you won four and lost two. And one of the wins was an OT game with two of the ten best players in the country missing from the UW lineup.
                              Dude! You've got to relax, nobody's trying to to troll you.
                              You get way too serious over a little harmless ribbing.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

                                Dude! You've got to relax, nobody's trying to to troll you.
                                You get way too serious over a little harmless ribbing.
                                HockeyBuckeye on May 29th:
                                "If you look there is a definite pattern with Sierra's postings. I see he (or she) only reacts to what they consider troll like posting on OUR thread. I perceive the message being sent is if you're not an Ohio State fan and post on our thread it's up to you to be polite & civil otherwise expect to get sand kicked in your face. If you don't like what we post, just reply in a civil manner or just walk away and stay in your side of the playground. You should take note that when we post on your thread the conduct typically is much more respectful than some who post on ours.
                                That's what I see as Sierra's attitude."

                                osualum86 on May 28:
                                "LOL, I think the WI and MN posters spend more time over here trolling us than they actually do on their own threads. I can honestly say that I have no desire to go on other teams' threads and troll them. I'd rather stay here and talk about our amazing coach and our 2024 National Champions!!! But that's just me."

                                Sierra on May 28:
                                "Wow... you have issues. You WI posters are talking about OSU assistant coaches on the OSU thread. Classy ... weird."

                                HockeyBuckeye on April 23rd:
                                "You clowns just can't accept reality so you go full troll mode on our thread posting such crap to only prove how out of touch you are. How can you not see some of our posters know things about our program a Badgers fan could never know. I hadn't rubbed our Championship win in your faces but if your behavior persists I'll just keep reminding you how on top of Wisconsin we really are and will stay that way!"

                                HockeyBuckeye on Aprol 10th:
                                "Apparently you need educated on what a troll is. It's when someone gets on another teams thread being rude or obnoxious or making trash comments towards another's program on any thread."

                                Sierra on Sept 8, 2023:
                                "This is a tOSU thread... so when u and the trolls come thru our thread tOSU will slap your unintelligent statements down."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X