Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2024-2025

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by robertearle View Post

    She took the ice and played in at least one game in each of the years 2019-20 and the three between 2021 and 2024. That precludes any red shirt year. In two of the years, she played in only one game in each of those years, and played early enough that there is the POSSIBILITY that one of those years MIGHT have turned into a medical hardship year. But there is no evidence or report that I've seen of any injury. And I've even looked at video of games in the second half of those two years, and seen her dressed and on the bench during games in the second half of those years. Which would seem to preclude an injury and a medical hardship.

    (Interestingly, the one year she DIDN'T take the ice was the year that it wouldn't have counted against her, 2020-21. But she was on the roster for the year, and so qualified for COVID "consideration" and a fifth year. That fifth year was 2023-24.)

    I can go through year by year and cite specific games, if you'd like.

    As I said, I don't see how she has eligibility. I would love to hear the explanation for why she apparently does.
    On the issue of Kuntz having a remaining year of eligibility which has been an ongoing topic of numerous recant posts by myself and others, my reasoning she is based on the following assumptions:

    - Requests to register on the portal are vetted to ensure that players meet the criteria for being eligible to do so.
    - If Kuntz does not meet the criteria, Muzerall would have spoken up and pointed it out.
    - MJ knows the criteria for entry into the portal and he would not waste his time working on a transfer for an ineligible player.

    Regardless of the validity of my first assumption (I don't know the details of the registration process), I trust that the two coaches would have had her removed from the portal if she doesn't
    have any eligibility left.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Patricio View Post

      On the issue of Kuntz having a remaining year of eligibility which has been an ongoing topic of numerous recant posts by myself and others, my reasoning she is based on the following assumptions:

      - Requests to register on the portal are vetted to ensure that players meet the criteria for being eligible to do so.
      - If Kuntz does not meet the criteria, Muzerall would have spoken up and pointed it out.
      - MJ knows the criteria for entry into the portal and he would not waste his time working on a transfer for an ineligible player.

      Regardless of the validity of my first assumption (I don't know the details of the registration process), I trust that the two coaches would have had her removed from the portal if she doesn't
      have any eligibility left.
      Sure.

      But I still want somebody to explain to me HOW. That's how we learn things. We see something we don't understand, we ask about it, and somebody explains it to us.

      Comment


      • 14 Badgers earned Academic All-Big 10 honors: Chloe Baker, Britta Curl, Lacey Eden, Chayla Edwards, Laila Edwards, Claire Enright, Jane Gervais, Caroline Harvey, Sophie Helgeson, Vivian Jungels, Katie Kotlowski, Casey O'Brien, Marianne Picard, Sarah Wozniewicz

        Chayla Edwards, Jane Gervais, and Katie Kotlowski received special recognition for maintaining a 4.0 GPA

        Comment


        • Some of MJ's post season acquisitions were based on finances as some of the girls did not require scholarship money. He has already committed all his available scholarship money to the team.
          Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 06-12-2024, 07:59 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
            Some of MJ's post season acquisitions were based on finances as some of the girls did not require scholarship money. He has already committed all his available scholarship money to the team.
            Do you happen to know who these players are? Given the cost of tuition, hosing, meals, books, etc., we are talking a fair amount of $$$ even to attend the UW for instate or MN residents. Each one deserves to be given a hardy thank you.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BadgerPete View Post

              I find it almost certain that Zilisch is walking on if there wasn't a scholarship for Wheeler. I think we sometimes forget that these are humans as well as hockey players; going to UW for college and getting to play some hockey along the way may have been a life decision as much as a hockey decision when it comes to a young woman from Appleton.
              In state and out of state tuition cost is quite different, so Zilish walking on being from WI makes sense. I suspect that if OB left Wheeler would have got her funding.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Patricio View Post

                Do you happen to know who these players are? Given the cost of tuition, hosing, meals, books, etc., we are talking a fair amount of $$$ even to attend the UW for instate or MN residents. Each one deserves to be given a hardy thank you.
                My apologies for not being more specific but I felt if I gave names it would be an intrusion of a players personal financial relationship to the team and university, I hope you understand.

                Comment


                • So, do we think that OSU is able to keep mining the portal for blue-chip transfers (like Maddie Wheeler) because they have NIL money to pay for the educational costs that UW does not? Both schools have the same scholarship limitations (at least for the moment).

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Claygr View Post
                    So, do we think that OSU is able to keep mining the portal for blue-chip transfers (like Maddie Wheeler) because they have NIL money to pay for the educational costs that UW does not? Both schools have the same scholarship limitations (at least for the moment).
                    I don't think that, no.

                    I think it is a consequence of the 'disruption' that COVID caused in the overall recruiting cycle and roster 'scheduling.

                    If you know what a Gann chart is, I imagine a Gann chart on a white board somewhere below in LaBahn, with regular coming and going of players, when because of COVID all of a sudden an extra year gets dropped into the middle of the chart; new players are still coming, but players who were 'scheduled' to be 'going' were suddenly there for the additional year. It complicates the allocating of scholarships, and leaves you with at least the potential of a scholarship 'squeeze'. OSU's reliance on one-year and two-year rentals left them in a more flexible position than Wisconsin (so long as there were quality athletes available in the portal; that scheme might well cost them this year). This year is the final year with COVID extra-year athletes still around. So "the Gann chart" planning gets back to a more normal flow starting next year.
                    Last edited by robertearle; 06-13-2024, 10:37 AM.

                    Comment


                    • The project management geeks among us already know about this.

                      https://www.gantt.com/

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Claygr View Post
                        Both schools have the same scholarship limitations (at least for the moment).
                        True but how the money is dispersed among the players are entirely different from coach to coach. Some do not give out all the funds and keep some in reserve, and from time to time there are players who don't need financial assistance which gives the coach more to play with.

                        Comment


                        • Rumor has UW playing a game at Wrigley Field in 2025, I hope they don't give up a home game for it though it looks likely.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                          Comment


                          • Rumor has UW playing a game at Wrigley Field in 2025, I hope they don't give up a home game for it though it looks likely.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                            Comment


                            • If Kuntz and Zilish in fact are coming, shouldn't there be an official announcement from the Badgers? Or did I miss it?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                Rumor has UW playing a game at Wrigley Field in 2025, I hope they don't give up a home game for it though it looks likely.
                                Nothing mentioned about it on the conference schedule that was released for next season but I realized that could change. I wonder if it would be against a non conference opponent?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X