Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2024-2025

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wheel snipe celly View Post
    Sounds like the goalie dilemma has been solved. hearing Quinn Kuntz will be joining the Badgers
    Found this posted back on April 12th...

Didn't really generate "lively" discussion back then and it really won't now as well. As to the eligibility...not sure about that either.

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

I go by my rules on how and what I post, if it bothers you that's not my concern. No wait, that's what YOU do.
      It was and still is unclear to me as to whether you were referring to Kuntz, or not. Are you constitutionally able to simply post something declarative, and not your usual "I know something you don't" nonsense?

This is the one time I might find your "inside info" useful. Are you aware of Kuntz having been granted a medical hardship for one of the years when she played in an early game and then not again during that year? I mean, don't you have her full medical history of you cell phone from the last time you played golf with the team doctor?
      Last edited by robertearle; 05-16-2024, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

Found this posted back on April 12th...

Didn't really generate "lively" discussion back then and it really won't now as well. As to the eligibility...not sure about that either.
        Snipe aka MJ, has been money on personal moves.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

I go by my rules on how and what I post, if it bothers you that's not my concern. No wait, that's what YOU do.
          https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

Comment

• I do not understand some of the Wisconsin posters on here. When you go to the farmer's market, do you actually argue with the guy who's been there for twenty years holding the "Ask Me About The Evolution Myth" sign across from the Stella's stand?

Don't. Grab a loaf of spicy cheese bread and move on with your day.

Comment

• I do not argue with trolls. I label them and move on with my day. If the trolls respond in troll-like fashion, I contact the admin and get them sent to where trolls belong.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadgerPete View Post

I do not understand some of the Wisconsin posters on here. When you go to the farmer's market, do you actually argue with the guy who's been there for twenty years holding the "Ask Me About The Evolution Myth" sign across from the Stella's stand?

Don't. Grab a loaf of spicy cheese bread and move on with your day.
                I wouldn't argue with him. The point is hockey brings us together from all vantages in life. We have a love for UW hockey in common.

Another heart warming thing is the picture I saw of all the UW grads with MJ and Maddie and Jane were in the picture. I wish them nothing but the best. I think we need to make sure and we stay unwound and treat each other with kindness and respect.

Comment

• Since Gervais apparently has not found an option to her liking in the portal as yet, might she ”recant” and return for the coming season? True, she would not share goalie duties equally with McNaughton, but she probably still would see quality action in a number of games (10-12?) in relief of McNaughton.

Or has Baker quietly developed to a point where she is viewed as an option for providing McNaughton with occasional games off?

Comment

• Originally posted by Patricio View Post
                    Since Gervais apparently has not found an option to her liking in the portal as yet, might she ”recant” and return for the coming season? True, she would not share goalie duties equally with McNaughton, but she probably still would see quality action in a number of games (10-12?) in relief of McNaughton.

Or has Baker quietly developed to a point where she is viewed as an option for providing McNaughton with occasional games off?
                    I don't think there's any funding for her. I don't mind McNaughton playing every game because it's only twice a week. It's only been the last 2 years where they've been split timing goalies, at least in the modern time.

Comment

• Let's do a dive into the schedule.

Oct 11-13 UMD at home to open
                      18-20 at UM
                      25-27 BSU
                      11 1-3 at St Cloud
                      open
                      15-17 at that other's team's crappy rink
                      22-24 Tommies
                      open
                      Dec 6-8 at Kato
                      open
                      open
                      open
                      open
                      Jan 10-12 Kato
                      17-19 at Tommies
                      24-26 St Cloud
                      31-2 at UMD
                      Feb 7-9 UM
                      14-16 that other team
                      21-23 at BSU

First 4 of the first 5 series against ranked teams, 3 on the road. Only 1 home series in November and none in December. That sucks. That is the heart of hockey season. I am getting sick of that other team being the last home series, but the victories will be sweet. I'd prefer a bigger cupcake for the Sr. day series. Last season UW had 3 N/C series, so one would assume 3 this season. Ideally a December home series or pre-UMD home series would be ideal in my eye anyway. I believe UW is going to BC this year if I recall correctly. I'm not sure about the other 2 series. Maybe Lindenwood returns the UW road trip this season. I'm not sure when Merrimack will get a return trip from UW.

Comment

• Laila Edwards is the Bob Allen Player Of The Year. Wow, not sure I saw that coming. KK won it last year.

Comment

• I reached out to TDM about the n/c schedule and he confirmed UW is heading to BC. He said he's also heard about a trip to Maine. That only leaves 1 n/c for a home series.

Comment

• First, a few comments on the goalie situation.

The Badgers have not signed a goalie off the transfer portal as yet, seeming to suggest that Ava and Chloe will be the goalies for the coming season. Since Baker has not logged ANY playing time, Bucky’s experience with major injuries the past two seasons makes me a bit nervous. To wit:
                            • Buchbinder tore an achilles in a pregame locker room incident ending her 2022-23 season early.
                            • Enright had an ACL and Vasseur a shoulder injury that never was clearly explained (though I may have missed it) prior to last season starting.
                            • KK was lost for a stretch of games during last season with a knee injury.
                            I can’t remember so many serious injuries in such a short period of time before, so I am a bit uneasy about how the Badgers would navigate a serious injury to McNaughton given that Baker has not had any game experience in net. But this will be her third season, and she may prove to be a pleasant surprise and provide meaningful rests for McNaughton.

Lastly, I wonder how others are viewing the prospects for the Badgers obtaining Nela Lopusanova’s commitment to the 26-27 class? She did cite interest in the UW after her arrival at BK, but she likely will be courted with tempting offers from most of the prominent teams. The arrival of Finley McCarthy this coming season will make 4 BK recruits in the past 3 years, and McCarthy did play with her on one of BK’s lines. Definitely would be nice to see the connection continue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patricio View Post
                              First, a few comments on the goalie situation.

The Badgers have not signed a goalie off the transfer portal as yet, seeming to suggest that Ava and Chloe will be the goalies for the coming season. Since Baker has not logged ANY playing time, Bucky’s experience with major injuries the past two seasons makes me a bit nervous. To wit:
                              • Buchbinder tore an achilles in a pregame locker room incident ending her 2022-23 season early.
                              • Enright had an ACL and Vasseur a shoulder injury that never was clearly explained (though I may have missed it) prior to last season starting.
                              • KK was lost for a stretch of games during last season with a knee injury.
                              I can’t remember so many serious injuries in such a short period of time before, so I am a bit uneasy about how the Badgers would navigate a serious injury to McNaughton given that Baker has not had any game experience in net. But this will be her third season, and she may prove to be a pleasant surprise and provide meaningful rests for McNaughton.

Lastly, I wonder how others are viewing the prospects for the Badgers obtaining Nela Lopusanova’s commitment to the 26-27 class? She did cite interest in the UW after her arrival at BK, but she likely will be courted with tempting offers from most of the prominent teams. The arrival of Finley McCarthy this coming season will make 4 BK recruits in the past 3 years, and McCarthy did play with her on one of BK’s lines. Definitely would be nice to see the connection continue.
                              Baker's online stats show her playing a period against Bemidji at LaBahn on 10/21/23 and appearing in some capacity in both games the following weekend at STU. I did not attend the away games but recall that she did okay in limited action against the battered Beavers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ooftah View Post

Baker's online stats show her playing a period against Bemidji at LaBahn on 10/21/23 and appearing in some capacity in both games the following weekend at STU. I did not attend the away games but recall that she did okay in limited action against the battered Beavers.
                                Thanks to Ooftah for catching my oversight of Baker's time against Bemidji. she did play the entire 3rd period in the game he cites with 0 goals allowed and 7 saves. A nice premiere.

The ISCHO stats for the SRU games show 0 minutes of ice time for both games. I assume this reflects having her suited in case there was an opportunity or need for her to play. So, the time against Bemidji is her total for the season. Not a big sample, but a positive one. The fact the Badgers have stayed pat on adding a G from the portal may indicate the coaches regard her as a reasonable option when needed. Have to wait and see.

Comment

Working...
                                X