Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2024-2025

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JDHack51 View Post

It only takes a little spark and it can get going quickly. I always encouraged my kids to play multiple sports, and all of them would list hockey as their favorite. After they learned how to skate, they wanted to do it all the time.
    Both loved to play flag football as well, so it's funny that you brought that up!
    Absolutely! Only takes a little spark, that’s my hope. : - )

yes, I’m a big fan of multiple sports. There is so much to enjoy in life, no need to overcommit early. The pressure is there though, I feel it and always hope I’m doing right for my kids.

Comment

• Thinking about the scholarship/funding situation....on 4/7 Bickett committed and a few weeks later Wheeler supposedly leaves due to a lack of funding. I think it's interesting that MJ seems to have picked a 4 year developmental D over keeping a sure thing F for 1 year, then utilize the Wheeler funding the following year. It's probably not as linear as I'm making it out to be. This is the last Covid year so these types of situations will not be occurring in the future. I wonder if MJ perhaps leaves a slot or 2 open per year for portal players? You never know who may end up in there.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Thinking about the scholarship/funding situation....on 4/7 Bickett committed and a few weeks later Wheeler supposedly leaves due to a lack of funding. I think it's interesting that MJ seems to have picked a 4 year developmental D over keeping a sure thing F for 1 year, then utilize the Wheeler funding the following year. It's probably not as linear as I'm making it out to be. This is the last Covid year so these types of situations will not be occurring in the future. I wonder if MJ perhaps leaves a slot or 2 open per year for portal players? You never know who may end up in there.
        Getting to keep O'Brien was probably using some of that 'reserved for the portal' money, and was MUCH better spent on O'B than anyone who was in the portal. My guess, anyway.

Comment

Thinking about the scholarship/funding situation....on 4/7 Bickett committed and a few weeks later Wheeler supposedly leaves due to a lack of funding. I think it's interesting that MJ seems to have picked a 4 year developmental D over keeping a sure thing F for 1 year, then utilize the Wheeler funding the following year. It's probably not as linear as I'm making it out to be. This is the last Covid year so these types of situations will not be occurring in the future. I wonder if MJ perhaps leaves a slot or 2 open per year for portal players? You never know who may end up in there.
          I think it's probably not that binary a situation, but even if it is looking at those two the difference between Bickett and Wheeler (presuming the info is accurate and Kotlowski is returning) is the difference between 14 F/6 D and 13 F/7 D, and the latter is a far better situation. I love Maddi and no one has worked harder and more selflessly in her four years here, but I can appreciate the big picture view.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
            Getting to keep O'Brien was probably using some of that 'reserved for the portal' money, and was MUCH better spent on O'B than anyone who was in the portal. My guess, anyway.
            Absolutely. She was far and away the best player available and it's not even debatable.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadgerPete View Post
              I think it's probably not that binary a situation, but even if it is looking at those two the difference between Bickett and Wheeler (presuming the info is accurate and Kotlowski is returning) is the difference between 14 F/6 D and 13 F/7 D, and the latter is a far better situation. I love Maddi and no one has worked harder and more selflessly in her four years here, but I can appreciate the big picture view.
              I agree, I just want the cake and I want to eat it too. Perhaps there would have been a better player available for 25-26 than Bickett, but I'm not going to second guess the recruiting GOAT.

Comment

Bickett took Helgesons partial scholarship
                "Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed" --- Friedrich Nietzche

Comment

• Can we get by with two goalies? I love the idea of Chloe Baker getting playing time but injuries happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadgerPete View Post

(presuming the info is accurate and Kotlowski is returning)
                    The team Instagram account just announced that Kotlowski and O’Brien are coming back! Nice to have it be official.
                    Last edited by Huffpluff; 05-08-2024, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ooftah View Post
                      Can we get by with two goalies? I love the idea of Chloe Baker getting playing time but injuries happen.
                      Chloe is a nice young lady but an average goaltender for sure. We need to upgrade that position in the future recruiting cycle.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadgerDad2022 View Post

Chloe is a nice young lady but an average goaltender for sure. We need to upgrade that position in the future recruiting cycle.
                        Rhyah Stewart is committed for 25-26 and is in the argument for best goalie in that class. MacNaughton/Stewart is as formidable duo as we could ask for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Huffpluff View Post

The team Instagram account just announced that Kotlowski and O’Brien are coming back! Nice to have it be official.
                          I slepted really good last night hahaha.

Comment

• Originally posted by wheel snipe celly View Post

Bickett took Helgesons partial scholarship
                            And did Gervais' go to OB?

Comment

• Originally posted by BadgerDad2022 View Post
                              . Chloe is a nice young lady but an average goaltender for sure. We need to upgrade that position in the future recruiting cycle.
                              If that OSU goalie ends up coming here that will bridge us to the point when Stewart gets here.

Comment

If that OSU goalie ends up coming here that will bridge us to the point when Stewart gets here.
                                I agree. I saw it posted here that Quinn Kuntz was coming to Madison as a grad transfer. That was a while ago and I have not seen it posted elsewhere or, more important, announced by the team.

In some situations, remaining a free agent for a long time works to the benefit of the team. I am not sure it does in this case.

Comment

Working...
                                X