Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2024-2025

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    You may believe that but I know that's not the case at Ohio State. I've never heard discontent from any of our players, from SSM or anywhere and I most certainly would have heard if it was true. I was with most of the team just last week.
    Do you really think the players are going to air dirty laundry in front of the cheerleaders and the coaches? LOL. In reality is no team has 100% of the players happy 100% of the time, not even at WI. These players are not robots, they are people.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Do you really think the players are going to air dirty laundry in front of the cheerleaders and the coaches? LOL. In reality is no team has 100% of the players happy 100% of the time, not even at WI. These players are not robots, they are people.
      I somewhat jest with the slOwSU crowd about the duckies and bunnies thing, but when you read posts like what hb posted, you get the sense that yuckeyeville fandom is out of touch with reality.

First of all, it was stated that the poster was with most of the team just last week? Now that doesn't sound creepy does it? And of course nothing but unicorns and rainbows with no discontent anywhere to be found since the poster hangs with his peeps and would have heard if something was amiss.

Please...

Speaking of SSM players, you had Sidney Morrow transfer out last year...You had Sawyer Fleming decommit from slOwSu last year...and you had her sister, Delaney Fleming enter the transfer portal this year. Seems like possibly more than nothing to see here but I imagine we will hear from yuckeyeville that there really is nothing to see here.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

I somewhat jest with the slOwSU crowd about the duckies and bunnies thing, but when you read posts like what hb posted, you get the sense that yuckeyeville fandom is out of touch with reality.

First of all, it was stated that the poster was with most of the team just last week? Now that doesn't sound creepy does it? And of course nothing but unicorns and rainbows with no discontent anywhere to be found since the poster hangs with his peeps and would have heard if something was amiss.

Please...

Speaking of SSM players, you had Sidney Morrow transfer out last year...You had Sawyer Fleming decommit from slOwSu last year...and you had her sister, Delaney Fleming enter the transfer portal this year. Seems like possibly more than nothing to see here but I imagine we will hear from yuckeyeville that there really is nothing to see here.
        I was going to post about Morrow and Fleming, but you beat me to it.

Ohio State has had seven players total transfer out after the last two seasons (plus one who simply left the team mid-season); two of the transfers were SSM players, and both left after a single year at OSU.

And to be fair, they have also had ( I think) three SSM players on those rosters who were freshman commits to OSU who didn't transfer, and three SSM players who transferred to Ohio State.

Comment

the duckies and bunnies thing ... unicorns and rainbows ...
          For the old Marquette basketball coach and then TV broadcaster Al McGuire, the expression was "seashells and balloons". I think of it every time. :-)

Comment

• Will be interesting to watch this upcoming recruiting cycle that opens up June 15th. I think the Badgers are going to do really well but that's probably not breaking news.

Comment

Everyone on forum know when player decide to leave a program or decommit they do so for personal reasons and being unhappy certainly isn't always the case. Can you name any program that doesn't have players leave?
              As far a Flemming goes for the time being she still considers herself a Buckeye and participates in all the team's public appearances. Not the attitude of someone unhappy to be here is it?
              Just for the record there is no negativity being spread at SSM about Ohio State.

Comment

Everyone on forum know when player decide to leave a program or decommit they do so for personal reasons and being unhappy certainly isn't always the case. Can you name any program that doesn't have players leave?
                As far a Flemming goes for the time being she still considers herself a Buckeye and participates in all the team's public appearances. Not the attitude of someone unhappy to be here is it?
                Just for the record there is no negativity being spread at SSM about Ohio State.
                Fleming is a forward leaving a team that has only ten forwards on the roster for the coming season (with Mobley going into the portal yesterday) and a month ago was 'advertising' to add two more. So her reasons are likely not "ice time", and probably not 'available scholarship money'. What do you suppose her reasons are?

(For that matter, why do you suppose Mobley is leaving? And one more for you: how do you know what is happening at SSM?)
                Last edited by robertearle; 05-01-2024, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

(For that matter, why do you suppose Mobley is leaving? And one more for you: how do you know what is happening at SSM?)
                  When I do hear of certain things if the person it concerns doesn't come out publicly about it, it would be highly unethical and a breach of trust for me to reveal it.
                  If Olivia isn't giving reasons for leaving then you won't hear it from me.

Comment

When I do hear of certain things if the person it concerns doesn't come out publicly about it, it would be highly unethical and a breach of trust for me to reveal it.
                    If Olivia isn't giving reasons for leaving then you won't hear it from me.
                    Yeah, you're like a vault when it comes to keeping 'secrets' ("Wink")

/eye roll/

Comment

The extensive use of the portal thing by Ohio State is absolutely a "thing" at SSM right now. As I've said, my son knows just about every one of the top girls on the 16U team and they mention it all the time. You can believe it or not. And my son is a Buckeye fan!! haha

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

Yeah, you're like a vault when it comes to keeping 'secrets' ("Wink")

/eye roll/
                        To me there's a difference between hinting at something to let you speculate and revealing something specific that could be breaking trust.
                        I'll say this and move on, a program insider told me today that more girls than ever before want to come play at Ohio State, I'm going to assume that includes SSM girls as well.

Comment

To me there's a difference between hinting at something to let you speculate and revealing something specific that could be breaking trust.
                          I'll say this and move on, a program insider told me today that more girls than ever before want to come play at Ohio State, I'm going to assume that includes SSM girls as well.
                          To me, saying "nudge-nudge-wink-wink I can say no more" about the good stuff but saying "oh no, that's a secret" about the bad stuff is 'something other' than what you claim it to be.

If there are "more girls than ever wanting to come play at Ohio State" then why are you sitting at 10 forwards for next season? why are we a month out from when you claimed we'd be hearing about all those transfers that were coming but never came? why did someone feel the need to 'advertise' for forwards on the team instagram account?

The other half of the Monty Python "nudge-nudge-wink-wink I can say no more" bit is "please, say no more". So next time you feel the urge to "hint at something to let you speculate", "please. Say no more".
                          Last edited by robertearle; 05-01-2024, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• I really do hope that Wisconsin starts producing more Tier 1 female prospects. Nothing better than seeing a roster with more than a handful of "local" girls on it!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BadgerDad2022 View Post
                              I really do hope that Wisconsin starts producing more Tier 1 female prospects. Nothing better than seeing a roster with more than a handful of "local" girls on it!!!!
                              I'd like to see that too. What do you think it'll take to grow the program in state? I think the high school program is growing and I expect it to only get stronger. Is that enough or do we need a top end program like SSM in state?

Comment

• Originally posted by Windchill22 View Post

I'd like to see that too. What do you think it'll take to grow the program in state? I think the high school program is growing and I expect it to only get stronger. Is that enough or do we need a top end program like SSM in state?
                                that's a great question and I'm not sure as my son played hockey, but I never had a daughter go through the program.

A top flight prep school is always a plus and would seem like a doable option.

Comment

Working...
                                X