X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    women recruits
    https://rpiathletics.com/news/2024/7...newcomers.aspx

Includes two transfers Sophie Helgeson (Wisconsin) who was originally our recruit but decommitted and Natalie Tulchinsky (Grad transfer Saint Anselm and BC)

4.25 and 3.50 *'s, respectively.
    Unlike the men, who generally come from about 4-5 junior leagues that we know pretty well, I find assessing women's recruiting classes to be a bit of a mystery. Coming from high school, prep school, U18-U22 teams, the old PWHL (not the newer professional one), athletic academies, other nations and transfers from schools that are powerhouses down to those that are barely D1, it's hard to do any sort of analysis of their bios to set my level of optimism for the coming year. This seems like a pretty good class, but maybe Hab can give a better assessment. Then again, women's hockey has changed an awful lot since his dear daughter took on the challenge of leading the Tute into D1 so if he chooses to punt I'd understand.
    Last edited by rpi82; 07-05-2024, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

Unlike the men, who generally come from about 4-5 junior leagues that we know pretty well, I find assessing women's recruiting classes to be a bit of a mystery. Coming from high school, prep school, U18-U22 teams, the old PWHL (not the newer professional one), athletic academies, other nations and transfers from schools that are powerhouses down to those that are barely D1, it's hard to do any sort of analysis of their bios to set my level of optimism for the coming year. This seems like a pretty good class, but maybe Hab can give a better assessment. Then again, women's hockey has changed an awful lot since his dear daughter took on the challenge of leading the Tute into D1 so if he chooses to punt I'd understand.
      Yup, I'm gonna punt . I am not really current on which of the various feeder leagues and teams are strongest these days. As you say, there has always been a lot of diversity there. About the only certainty is that players from Canadian and U.S. U18 teams are a good bet, but RPI has never had much success there. Players from European national and U18 teams tend to be a bit more overlooked and may be more likely to be seeking a top academic program? (thinking of Trnkova, for example).
      Last edited by hab; 07-06-2024, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Just chiming in. Obviously will need to assess the goal tending situation quickly this season as what we lost is going to be hard to replace. I suspect we will be a bit stronger on defense which may help greatly. Certainly will help the goal tender some what and perhaps will get the puck up ice from the defensive zone better. My concern is where will the scoring come from? Not sure what kind of offensive pressure we will be able to exert and where will goals come from. I do hope though that the team is able to commit to a total team defense style of play which I suspect will be our best chance to be effective and competitive in a league with such power house teams.
        Last edited by DrDemento; 07-06-2024, 04:13 PM.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Helgeson's transfer was known to Wisconsin fans back in April/

Originally posted by wheel snipe celly View Post
          Looks like Gervais is moving closer to home and will be going to Vermont. Helgeson will be moving closer her sister and will be going to RPI. Glad they both found homes. Once a Badger always a Badger.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Helgeson's transfer was known to Wisconsin fans back in April/
            The reference to Helgeson's sister is because she plays for Sacred Heart. I guess people in Wisconsin see those tiny eastern states and assume Fairfield, CT must be close to Troy (if 150 miles or so is close). It's probably not a coincidence, however, that the Engineers and Pioneers have an early season home-and-home weekend. Even money if I go to the Friday afternoon game down here I'll see a middle-aged couple trying hard to avoid showing favoritism for one side over the other. Fortunately, both schools wear red and white so that may be a safe combination, although I think Sacred Heart's version is probably closer to Badger red, their and Sophie's undergrad alma mater.

Comment

another recruit whom I missed for ages Chloe Obser

https://x.com/ENhockey/status/1717251545362792709
              https://www.instagram.com/chloe.obser/

elite prospect page https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...11/chloe-obser
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
              X