Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BowWowWow
    replied
    Natalie Spooner is named the IIHF Women's Player of the Year! She had 5 points and a gold medal for Canada at Women's Worlds and led the PWHL in goals (with 20 across 24 games) and points (27).

Leave a comment:

• Cornholio
    replied
    This again shows that both the US and Canada national teams could have a random draw of 20 out of their top 100 players and it would still result in the US and Canada playing for gold/silver while the rest of the world plays for bronze. That is how far ahead the programs are in north america vrs anywhere else. It should make it a 'buyers market' for the national teams, and I would actually be in favor of giving as many players as possible the chance to wear their country's colors instead of using the same players every year. Broaden the number of players who played is better for the sport than to give 'everything' to just a select few.

Leave a comment:

• Lindsay
    replied
    https://thehockeynews.com/womens/int...ollege-players

Interesting that someone is finally talking about this. 13 players on the most recent team USA at the worlds championship were in college, which meant they didn’t need to be paid.

Leave a comment:

• BowWowWow
    replied
    I did buy a program for the women's Frozen Four, though it looked like they weren't selling a lot. It's unfortunate that it sounds like they didn't have programs at Worlds.

By the way, Laila Edwards was tournament MVP at Worlds - chosen before the 3rd period (like Fillier last year). My prediction now is that M-P Poulin will be the IIHF Woman Player of the Year (like Knight last year) given her ongoing career!

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    Originally posted by joecct View Post

Like the NCAA, to cut down on paper usage.

This may explain how the tournament was officiated vis a vis body checking..

https://thehockeynews.com/womens/int...-body-checking
    They were prominently selling programs at the Frozen Four in St. Paul.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    Does anyone know why there were no programs sold for the tourney ? I didn't know most of the players during the game. It was like watching blind, no info on the players, no keepsake for later years.
    Like the NCAA, to cut down on paper usage.

This may explain how the tournament was officiated vis a vis body checking..

https://thehockeynews.com/womens/int...-body-checking

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied
    Does anyone know why there were no programs sold for the tourney ? I didn't know most of the players during the game. It was like watching blind, no info on the players, no keepsake for later years.

Leave a comment:

• BowWowWow
    replied
    Desbiens and Ambrose pick up assists on Danielle Serdachny's game-winning goal, a bit over 5 mins into the OT. It came with just one second remaining in the power play for too many players.

Congrats to Canada - a well-fought game! It was a wonderful tournament.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
    Headed to overtime 5 - 5. 3 v 3 until it ends.
    Colgate from Clarkson to win it for the tourists.

Leave a comment:

• Lindsay
    replied
    Headed to overtime 5 - 5. 3 v 3 until it ends.

Leave a comment:

• Lindsay
    replied
    This has been a great game.
    3-3 going into the third. What say you, aging GOATs?

US PP to start the third.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    Are there any USA ads on the boards? On TV, all I see are Canadian content.

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied
    Does anyone know if they will be selling SRO tickets today for USA-Canada ? I don't have tix and want to go.

Leave a comment:

• LongGame
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

I read recently that USA Hockey has a financial stake in the NHL Network. If true, no punting will be done. However, that doesn’t mean USA Hockey can’t insist on better production. The game and studio coverage for the PWHL is super. We know it can be done.
    Speaking of USA hockey having financial stakes in Video productions, at the recent girls national championships in Florida, USA Hockey had workers patrolling the rinks, making sure no parents were taking videos of the games or live-streaming the games. They were obviously protecting their USA hockey networks that were charging $30 per month to watch the games, and $60 per month to watch the games and download the games.

Just a further money-grab by USA Hockey and as a result increasing the cost of youth hockey. If they really wanted to “grow the game” they would allow as much video as possible to be taped, broadcasted, live-streamed etc.

i’m not sure what the USA Hockey waiver says about name, image, and likeness, but it seems completely against current thinking that the youth players providing the entertainment content for USA Hockey video are not being compensated for their performances.

Leave a comment:

• BowWowWow
    replied
    Hat trick for Edwards! 4-0 USA.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X